Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Brian Fargo Interview on IGN Unfiltered

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; Interplay; InXile Entertainment

This month's guest on IGN Unfiltered, IGN's long-form interview show, was inXile CEO Brian Fargo. Since interviewing Feargus Urquhart earlier this year, the show has switched to an episodic format, and so the interview with Brian was split into three episodes - the first one covering his early career before Interplay, the second covering the Interplay years, and the third covering the inXile and Kickstarter era. The second episode is the longest and by far the most interesting, so I'll post it here:

The interview isn't anywhere near as full of tidbits and secrets as Feargus' was, but it does go into a level of detail about Brian's business relationships that I don't think I've seen before. The interviewer is clearly quite familiar with Interplay's 1990s heyday, taking the time to ask questions not just about the usual Black Isle classics but also about titles such as ClayFighter and Mario Teaches Typing(!). Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to know much at all about Brian's more recent work, asking only the most cursory of questions about it, so the interview is really only useful for history buffs. Not what you'd expect from IGN!

Paul_cz

Arcane
I like Fargo.

The TV Show.

And the movie.

And yeah, the man. Made mistakes, but..you know, Interplay was a great fucking company. Hopefully Wasteland 3 will recapture some of it. 2 was a decent effort...decent.

UnknownBro

Savant
JEW jew jew jewjew jewjew jew JEW jew JEW, jew jwe. JEW!!

:betrayed:

Oh, and also:

2ryof1w.png

Last edited:

Flou

Arbiter

The interview isn't anywhere near as full of tidbits and secrets as Feargus' was, but it does go into a level of detail about Brian's business relationships that I don't think I've seen before. The interviewer is clearly quite familiar with Interplay's 1990s heyday, taking the time to ask questions not just about the usual Black Isle classics but also about titles such as ClayFighter and Mario Teaches Typing(!). Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to know much at all about Brian's more recent work, asking only the most cursory of questions about it, so the interview is really only useful for history buffs. Not what you'd expect from IGN!

They will release the next part next week, and seeing how the timeline worked on this interview it is safe to say that the 2nd part will involve more recent work.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

They will release the next part next week, and seeing how the timeline worked on this interview it is safe to say that the 2nd part will involve more recent work.

Did you read the first part of the OP. This interview is over, they released the final part yesterday.

Last edited:

Flou

Arbiter

Did you read the first part of the OP. This interview is over, they released the final part yesterday.

My bad, didn't see the link for the 3rd one on the post.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Not mentioning Interplay's best games (Sacrifice and Giants Citizen Kabuto, plus other Shiny titles) is just outrageous. It seems he doesn't remember games that didn't sell too well even though they were superb.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Not mentioning Interplay's best games (Sacrifice and Giants Citizen Kabuto, plus other Shiny titles) is just outrageous. It seems he doesn't remember games that didn't sell too well even though they were superb.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=9632

Ctrl+f: Sacrifice
I've somehow missed that article, thanks.

Fargo, you impressed me :love:. Sacrifice is my favourite game ever (along with F1 and AoD).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom