Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #36: E3 2017 Gameplay Video, Producer Commentary Edition

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
dem eyebrows tho

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Very nice grafics.

That part where he says "it's important for us that there are different ways to solve a situation" and then sneaks around and steals the key? Well, that's a big improvement on kill-everything Pillars 1 style. I hope he didn't just make that up for the video.

"Thou shalt provide uses for every skill present in thy game." Fifth commandment of Sawyerity. Not gonna be an isolated instance.
The real question is how much it matters. Just flavorful non-combat skill application or real consequences?

PrettyDeadman

It's the eyebrow girl again. Noice!
The game doesn't look that good unfortunately (even though I am buying it like all other obsidian products but sawyer has to seriously reconsider his design phiilosophy or even bettern put eyebrow girl in charge of game design and balancing).

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That part where he says "it's important for us that there are different ways to solve a situation" and then sneaks around and steals the key? Well, that's a big improvement on kill-everything Pillars 1 style. I hope he didn't just make that up for the video.

"Thou shalt provide uses for every skill present in thy game." Fifth commandment of Sawyerity. Not gonna be an isolated instance.

But Pillars of Eternity 1 though.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Adam said in the video that quest could be either side or faction based depending on how you play.
Will they go with radiant quest design like in Elder scrolls series? For example, mage thief, assassin have thier own questlines based on the level or class.
Will there be a quests you couldn't finish because of your class or skill-check?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In PoE1's lore, Engwithan ruins are supposed to be exclusive to the Dyrwood/Eir Glanfath. Even the Vailian Republics which are on the same landmass don't seem to have them. I wonder how they'll explain the fact that actually there were Engwithans in Deadfire too.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
we haven't mocked her eyebrows yet

Those are some fine eyebrows. :rpgcodex:

could be thinner tbh

In PoE1's lore, Engwithan ruins are supposed to be exclusive to the Dyrwood/Eir Glanfath. Even the Vailian Republics which are on the same landmass don't seem to have them. I wonder how they'll explain the fact that actually there were Engwithans in Deadfire too.

"Had to be Engwithan, how else could we reuse assets?" (I condone this, btw)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Worldbuilding in PoE is Harry Potter fanfic-level. I think only Sawyer's cock fondlers can recite that amateur gibberish so devotedly.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
rQWFsyQ.png

Holy fuck dude, get over it

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Get over what? Practicing text formatting and verbosity + making fun of PoE = win-win situation

Sannom

Augur
Didn't Kana visit ruins in the Aedyr Empire as well?

Sentinel

Arcane
When's Sawyer gonna show up in an update?
I don't care for eyebrow girl.
He showed up briefly on the previous one. Also he did during the campaign, did you forget the dreamy picnic?
Yeah the dreamy picnic was cool but it was so long ago that my sawyer craving has accumulated since then. The short glimpse of his likeness in the other update wasn't enough.
I need more.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Yeah the dreamy picnic was cool but it was so long ago that my sawyer craving has accumulated since then. The short glimpse of his likeness in the other update wasn't enough.

Do you want to eat Sawyer?

"Improvements to the stealth gameplay" doesn't sound that hot when you put it over a video of your rogue crouching in front of his victim (who has his back turned to a wall) and walking around him. Yes, abstraction, but eh...

anyway

DKLr74Z.gif

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I could not bear to watch the entirety of the video. It's PoE1 with some additional stuff and a different setting. Watching anything from this game is merely spoiling it if you are even remotely interested in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom