Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

veskoandroid

Educated
Lol and speaking of witcher 2 WHERE THE HELL DID SEX DISAPPEAR!!! Havent ploughed anyone since forever! Did geralt loose his parts along with virility? Even bloody lilac and makeupberries refused him startgame!? Where is my sex!? Shanis shop is closed as well! Aaarghhh!

017e0f57e2bdbc3897941bd3b4324c31.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Falksi is trolling. I mean people can have different opinions and everything, but to constantly harp on Witcher 2 being better than Witcher 3, that's just a whole other level of :0-13:

Falksi

Arcane
Haha. Not trolling one bit, TW2 is my favourite game ever.
I see faults in it, and see what TW3 does better, but I think that story driven, tighter rpgs with more unique elements are the better experience.
TW2's choices, 2nd chapter and depth just blew me away.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Unfortunately i agree. Compared to w2, its less cohesive. Very diluted landscape and regions, very rare meaningful loot.

Loot is really Diablo like - lots of level scaled stuff ("whites") and even "named weapons" aren't special, because they are also level scaled, so you have ten different "Princess' XYZ Special Relic Sword" with slightly different stats in your inventory.

veskoandroid

Educated
Yeah you described it better. I really loved uniqueness and scarcity of equipment in w2.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

thesoup

Arcane
w3 is better than w2 in every conceivable way.

Also, fucking meteorite ore. I need it to finish mah griffin gear and it's rarer than unicorn cum.:x

Falksi

Arcane
Folk can say TW3's better, that's just personal taste, but better in every way?
No way in hell is the repetitive fetch quest of trying to find Ciri as good as TW2's story. The Baron's quest is the only real noteable part of it. Almost all of TW2's story was brilliant.

Quillon

Arcane
I'd enjoy tw2's story more if it wasn't politics.

For people like you they fucked it all up; in order to make TW3 standalone with dumbed down politics(advertised as "personal story") they rendered TW2 meaningless with no consequences for its packed full of sequel bait choices in TW3, its a pointless game in the trilogy(rather duology) now.

TW2 was like the books; moving from location to location with a group but without the "on the road" parts.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Meteorite ore is super rare and expensive, almost no armor smith has it, but random beggars and starved peasants always keep a stash in their run down huts.

Sentinel

Arcane

For people like you they fucked it all up; in order to make TW3 standalone with dumbed down politics(advertised as "personal story") they rendered TW2 meaningless with no consequences for its packed full of sequel bait choices in TW3, its a pointless game in the trilogy(rather duology) now.

TW2 was like the books; moving from location to location with a group but without the "on the road" parts.
?
TW2 was nothing like the books at all. It's the most distanced from its source material the games have ever been.

Quillon

Arcane

?
TW2 was nothing like the books at all. It's the most distanced from its source material the games have ever been.

In the books Geralt & Co traveled together like in W2, once in a location Geralt did contracts etc. Not talking about actual events.

Falksi

Arcane
In the books Geralt & Co traveled together like in W2, once in a location Geralt did contracts etc. Not talking about actual events.

It's more a criticism of open world games in general than TW3 specifically, but all the jumping back and forth, fast travel, and ease of doing so often means there's never any real feeling of being on a journey
Again something which the likes of TW2, DA: O, Baldurs Gate etc did so well. By being confined to areas for some time you actually feel the shift to the next area more. Most villages in TW3'felt the same, and moving between them felt no different to me.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

It's more a criticism of open world games in general than TW3 specifically, but all the jumping back and forth, fast travel, and ease of doing so often means there's never any real feeling of being on a journey
Again something which the likes of TW2, DA: O, Baldurs Gate etc did so well. By being confined to areas for some time you actually feel the shift to the next area more. Most villages in TW3'felt the same, and moving between them felt no different to me.

Sorry, but by including DAO you have just proven without any shade of doubt that you are either a shitposter or a tasteless pleb.

Sentinel

Arcane

?

Witcher 3 is still much closer to the books in that regard, since the contracts are actually mini short-stories that could fit any of the books with ease, instead of being "kill 20 nekkers" like TW2 had. TW3 even has contracts that are references to book events (novigrad doppleganger for example).

Quillon

Arcane
Yes Witcher 3 is basically a non-canon sequel to the books but W2's story progresses like how it was in the books: "How". Not "What".

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haha. Not trolling one bit, TW2 is my favourite game ever.
I see faults in it, and see what TW3 does better, but I think that story driven, tighter rpgs with more unique elements are the better experience.
TW2's choices, 2nd chapter and depth just blew me away.
KYS storyfaggot.

Falksi

Arcane
Sorry, but by including DAO you have just proven without any shade of doubt that you are either a shitposter or a tasteless pleb.

It's a comparison of methods, not quality.
Even if the quality of DA: O was poor, that's nothing to do with the methodology included in my point.

veskoandroid

Educated
Few helpful android apps: guide: the witcher 3, w3checklist, witchercraft, w3.guide

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

v1rus

Arcane
I can't get fucking friendly hud to work :argh:

I followed the guide to the letter, or at least, i think i did - i copied stuff i need to copy, and i cped shit from texts to other texts. :argh:

v1rus

Arcane
Finally got into the game, and I must say, its immensely enjoyable. Sum fun side quests, and the filler is tolerable, since its pure joy to run through dem graphics. Difficulty (second hardest) is ok for now, but I didnt have need for any oils/special potions or signs - I just spam quen and swallow. Will this change with time, or should I consider the hardest difficulty?

Still only starting, messing around with all that bloody baron stuff, but sum of the quests are rather great. Enjoyed fools gold quite a lot. Quite immersive too, if we ignore the fucking teleporting horse.

Now, if I'd only get that damn mod to work :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom