Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Don Peste

Arcane
Dead Rising 3 worth 9 euro? I really liked the first two games. The reviews seems to be a little all over the place.
Pro: If you liked the first two (three?) games so much, you will probably enjoy this one too. It's more of the same (I guess you will be able to notice some diferences).
Cons: I remember long loading times, and some stuttering. Shit story (But this is Dead Rising).
Worth 9€? I guess if you want to spend them on something, and there's no other game-shaped object you can find, then yes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Let's see the first Summer Sale week's top sellers (by revenue, microtransactions don't count)!

#10 - Hollow Knight
#9 - Fallout 4
#8 - H1Z1: King of the Kill
#7 - Dishonored 2
#6 - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
#5 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
#4 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#3 - NieR:Automata
#2 - Grand Theft Auto V
#1 - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

PUBG is still #1, without any sale.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Any idea why this game (Anachronox) is not available in France? I googled and found nothing. Apparently I can buy it from GOG, so WTF?
Just buy the Steam key on G2A or Kinguin, the game has no restrictions on activation/running in a particular region.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
So far bought:
Divinity: Dragon Commander
The Void
Fran Bow
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Jade Empire
Dungeon Siege Collection
Alien Breed Collection
Commandos Collection
Hitman Collection
Fallout Classic Collection
Quake Collection
Heretic/Hexen Colection
Aquaria
Super Hexagon
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Arx Fatalis
Anachnonox

Mostly just picking up good oldies for dirt cheap, as you can see.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Black Desert Online

Is the exploration any good? Are there any shitty busy quests? Is the combat good? The character creation? Is there to much grind and the other plagues that affect MMO's like the stupid itemization and toxic community? Does it have dedicated servers or is it one Mega-server?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Black Desert Online

Is the exploration any good? Are there any shitty busy quests? Is the combat good? The character creation? Is there to much grind and the other plagues that affect MMO's like the stupid itemization and toxic community? Does it have dedicated servers or is it one Mega-server?

The game flopped because of its grindyness and bad mechanics.

Vorark

Erudite
any good shmup games on steam?

There's Dariusburst too, shame it's still pricey.

Edit: Bad Caterpillar, cheap and an entertaining way to pass time.

Yeah, think Divinity OS, you can control each member of the squad and do whatever you want, like putting a sniper up above to cover the team, infiltrator sneak in and disable alarm while the rest storm the front - at the same time. Same with stealth, you can just use infiltrator (because they can get into vents without augmentation) and go sneaky beaky while the other three wait outside.

Thanks! Still not sure if I should pull the trigger on this one, read the perfomance even on monster PCs is poor.

Let's see the first Summer Sale week's top sellers (by revenue, microtransactions don't count)!

Is this the new DayZ?

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
any good shmup games on steam?

There's Dariusburst too, shame it's still pricey.

Edit: Bad Caterpillar, cheap and an entertaining way to pass time.

Yeah, think Divinity OS, you can control each member of the squad and do whatever you want, like putting a sniper up above to cover the team, infiltrator sneak in and disable alarm while the rest storm the front - at the same time. Same with stealth, you can just use infiltrator (because they can get into vents without augmentation) and go sneaky beaky while the other three wait outside.

Thanks! Still not sure if I should pull the trigger on this one, read the perfomance even on monster PCs is poor.

Is this the new DayZ?

Its more due to a super intensive push of the Devs to streamers. This thing is streamed on the regular by the biggest guys. And it is very suited for that purpose, its Battle Royale, the rounds are not very long, it is quite random and "funny" stuff happens often due to some glitches or retarded player behavior. And also, you can kill your favourite streamer and teabag his corpse, teehee!

Latelistener

Arcane
I desperately need a new shooter folks, especially after being disappointed with strafe and Shadow Warrior 2 :obviously: Any recommendation? Already played most of the "big names" aside from Prey and Space Hulk Deathwing.
Killing Floor 2 is gud for what it is, assuming you have someone to play with, otherwise it can be quite boring.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And what is this?:

Redneck Rampage is back in Possum Bayou. You play as Redneck aliens who crashed their ship on earth and now have to shoot their way out. This "sampler" of the game Redneck Rampage has less levels but it is more than a demo, with 7 levels of Redneck mayhem. in Possum Bayou enjoy these different types of weapons that exist including crowbars, dynamite, shotguns, electric saw, bowling ball, and others.

Herve, are you trying to sell a glorified demo/"sharewere" version when the complete version is already available on Steam? Or is there anything worth and unique in this version?

Don Peste

Arcane
Finally the Lord himself comes down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and he offers you an exclusive interview with either Adolf Hitler, or Herve Caen. They will answer everything, and you will get to know all the secrets. Which one would you pick?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally the Lord himself comes down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and he offers you an exclusive interview with either Adolf Hitler, or Herve Caen. They will answer everything, and you will get to know all the secrets. Which one would you pick?
Haha. Pick both, and then they have to have lunch together and I don't show up at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom