Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Project Resurgence - cRPG inspired by Fallout and Arcanum

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The assumption that RT would "crank up the intensity" is IMO wrong. I think TB can be way more intense, because it's less chaotic and you can focus on the fight, not trying to keep up with the stats and clicking. RTwP doesn't even create a sense of immediacy, which could be a redeeming quality of RT.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I'm slightly surprised that this project hasn't imploded yet.
Release in February when not even in Alpha yet seem a bit...daring. Seems to be episodic though, who knows.

Not my style though sadly.
Too new age hispter gamey for me with their "per encounter" talents, "tactically" exploding barrels that forces you to "strategize", arbitrary cooldowns and mechanics that makes no sense and whatnot. I swear it's like I'm living in a nightmare reality where D&D4E conquered the world and RPGs are gamey shits with nothing but very structured and balanced "challenges" where you can use "cards and powers" then "use recover mechanics" to complete you "daily session".
D:OS, PoE, Tyranny, this. It's either "Open world" Collectotron 2.0 (W3, DA:I, etc), theater modes, or this shit...

The fuck happened...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They have a question in the FAQ "What is this about diversity in video games?" which they answer that they want to be a "positive example of that". You can make your own conclusions.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
that's basically all you need to know about character creation:

PerVFbr.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just like in real life it's easy to do trivial things, like forcing people to use arbitrary pronouns, but it's hard to actually achieve anything meaningful like code stats and making them impactful. It's also suspect how every NPC in the world will know to use your "proper" pronouns. Sacrificing narrative coherency for pandering are we?

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From their facebook:

Project Resurgence said:
It is with great regret we must announce NGS is officially dissolving as a studio, and Project Resurgence is being put on indefinite hiatus.

We did the best we could, but the money has run out and we have not been able to secure a publisher for additional funding. We knew going in that this was a very ambitious project, but we thought our passion and dedication would be enough to get us through. If only that's all it took to be successful.

Since this project has been going on for 4+ years, we know many of you are just as disappointed as we are. We are truly sorry we weren't able to deliver on our promises, but we want to thank all of you for believing in our game and taking this journey with us. We could not have done it without you, and your support has meant the world to all of us.

But Project Resurgence is not 100% dead. This is a big time of transition for the team, as we look for work and figure out each of our life situations. But we've put too much into this game to just quit and let it die. More details to follow soon.

Some dude pledged 10k, imagine that

ArchAngel

Arcane
That guy is not a "famous" streamer in twitch now?
No, the famous twitch streamer was somehow connected with the studio (co owner or something) but he was not in any way working on this project. In the meantime he became and even more famous on twitch which means earns even more money. He could probably finance the rest of development if he wanted, who knows what was happening behind the scenes.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am actually surprised they failed, it seemed like a solid (in terms of integrity) pitch at the time ..

In their defense, it was a pretty detailed pitch with a lot of work obviously already put into it, alpha gameplay footage included, lots of explanations about design ideas and such. Yeah, the SJWing is waaay overboard and the RTs/TBs thing will fuck them over, I understand why people are sceptical, but its not like this pitch was some completely amateurish unprepared failiure.

Sucks for them; for me too, as I couldn't wait to pick the pronouns for my black transgender Irenaeus PC. Oh well, 15 bucks down the shitter, would have loved to give that to a more deserving KS in hindsight.

Edit: I can't believe they actually raised 180k, man, thats a lot for a low profile KS, people these days dream of those kind of numbers.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I completely missed this one.

Looks like they had their priorities straight...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Feature List said:
Create your custom hero, choosing from a variety of options to specify Sex, Gender (preferred pronoun), Tribe, Background, Quirks, and Appearance.

And nothing of value was lost.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
From their facebook:

Project Resurgence said:
It is with great regret we must announce NGS is officially dissolving as a studio, and Project Resurgence is being put on indefinite hiatus.

We did the best we could, but the money has run out and we have not been able to secure a publisher for additional funding. We knew going in that this was a very ambitious project, but we thought our passion and dedication would be enough to get us through. If only that's all it took to be successful.

Since this project has been going on for 4+ years, we know many of you are just as disappointed as we are. We are truly sorry we weren't able to deliver on our promises, but we want to thank all of you for believing in our game and taking this journey with us. We could not have done it without you, and your support has meant the world to all of us.

But Project Resurgence is not 100% dead. This is a big time of transition for the team, as we look for work and figure out each of our life situations. But we've put too much into this game to just quit and let it die. More details to follow soon.

Some dude pledged 10k, imagine that

I don't understand, how was their kickstart a success if they have run out of money? Doesn't a successful kickstart guarantee they have enough money to deliver what was promised?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom