Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
ELEX will be better than sex.

I thought the early consensus was that it was going to be crap and that PB are crap. When did this change, or are we all now involved in a shared hallucination?

If I (hypothetically) thought that the Gothics were shit and Risen 1 was pretty good, how much will I regret D1Ping it on a scale of self-immolation to quiet sobbing?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I thought the early consensus was that it was going to be crap and that PB are crap. When did this change, or are we all now involved in a shared hallucination?

If I (hypothetically) thought that the Gothics were shit and Risen 1 was pretty good, how much will I regret D1Ping it on a scale of self-immolation to quiet sobbing?
Crying in the shower... if you skip this amazing experience.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Suffice to say, I've already preordered the CE.

Rev

Arcane
Even ELEX, which will most likely be just another low-res shadow map of PB's heydays, will be better than any Bethesda RPG ever.
That's not saying much, tho. Anyone makes better games than Bethesda.

Elex will be great even compared to actually non-shit games or devs, anyway. :obviously:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The average codexer on ELEX's release day :

So_c3ecee_2385989.jpg

jaydee2k

Savant
The fact that the pc version of the game is finished since last month and it was only delayed because of console retards is leting my hope grow for a good ol' piranha game.
They have 3 1/2 months left to polish the game. I also heard that they had a lot more creative freedom with Nordic this time. Deepsilver were a lot more strict when it
comes to design decissions in the Risen series. They are really happy that they are out of that publishing deal.

BELIEVE !!! :incline:

jaydee2k

Savant

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The fact that the pc version of the game is finished since last month and it was only delayed because of console retards is leting my hope grow for a good ol' piranha game.
They have 3 1/2 months left to polish the game.
They would spend all that time to port it for consoles, and then making patches for consoles.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Looks to me like the best open world rpg ever created to this date.

No shit moves and stiff animations like gothic.

No shit combat like twitcher 3.

Open world and content looks decent compared to Skyrim.

And the game looks like it gives players plenty of options to play in various ways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom