Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

I'm flirting with computer games more recently. I used to play them by the motherload... but over time they fell wayside. I purchased RAGE and Psychonauts over the sale with more games in my library untouched, but if you have any suggestions. I am primarily looking at single-player games where I don't have to micromanage through it, don't have much time to sink.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bros, I've been on the fence on Satellite Reign forever, its really cheap now but since reviews are mediocre I am not sure if its worth adding to my backlog forever playing. Help me decide. How is stealth in this game? Or is it mostly just a combat game?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, I've been on the fence on Satellite Reign forever, its really cheap now but since reviews are mediocre I am not sure if its worth adding to my backlog forever playing. Help me decide. How is stealth in this game? Or is it mostly just a combat game?
I didn't play it enough to get a read on it since the RPG elements underwhelmed. Gameplay seems fun but you're like cloning your characters over and over or some weirdness so your own characters kind of don't matter. If that doesn't bother you, I'd say worth checking out for ultra cheap.

Ivan

Arcane
my recommendations:

Before The Echo
Betrayer
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Guacamelee
Mark of the Ninja
Shadow Complex
Capsized
Volgarr The Viking

Ivan

Arcane
I finished it. Game is reconnaissance heavy, which will determine how hard the combat is. If you're playing it run and run you're going to have a bad time. The gameplay loop is fun, however, each hub (of which there are like 4) plays the same. Get it cheap.

Latro

Arcane
Is "Death Road to Canada" any good, or just indie garbage?

In the mood for something like Survival Crisis Z, that isn't actually SCZ because it's been abandoned for a decade+

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dead Rising 3 worth 9 euro? I really liked the first two games. The reviews seems to be a little all over the place.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got:

act of aggression (haven't played it yet)
The Forest (early access, fantastic game)
Castle in the Darkness (early zelda clone, meh so far)
reaper - tale of a pale swordsman - mobile shit, asked for refund
eador - genesis (haven't played it, but it's 90% off)
Seraph - haven't played it either

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Got Mankind Divided on sale for $17~ as it was the last item of the Deus Ex bundle that I didn't own. The whole "aug racism" thing, which is central to the plot, feels contrived. One-button takedowns in place of proper melee weapons is still lame. Cloak is overpowered and makes the game a joke. Eidos' version of Prague is clearly inspired by City 17 but I actually liked it, and Prague at night has a VTMB feel to it. Overall I'd say it was worth it for the money I paid, still got the DLC to get through now.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Satellite Reign is quite awesome IMO :bounce: stealth isn't always feasible but you can do a lot of weird and creative crap in it, like mind controlling a guard and open a path for you, or just use only 1 party member and play it like Commandos. Beware tho, there's no pause in combat (only a slomo skill from a class) and your team's AI is terrible, which makes the combat overall a pain in the ass.

I desperately need a new shooter folks, especially after being disappointed with strafe and Shadow Warrior 2 :obviously: Any recommendation? Already played most of the "big names" aside from Prey and Space Hulk Deathwing.

Vorark

Erudite
Satellite Reign is quite awesome IMO :bounce: stealth isn't always feasible but you can do a lot of weird and creative crap in it, like mind controlling a guard and open a path for you, or just use only 1 party member and play it like Commandos. Beware tho, there's no pause in combat (only a slomo skill from a class) and your team's AI is terrible, which makes the combat overall a pain in the ass.

Really? I've been interested in the game too but thought you had to control 4 soldiers all the time.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron

Really? I've been interested in the game too but thought you had to control 4 soldiers all the time.
Yeah, think Divinity OS, you can control each member of the squad and do whatever you want, like putting a sniper up above to cover the team, infiltrator sneak in and disable alarm while the rest storm the front - at the same time. Same with stealth, you can just use infiltrator (because they can get into vents without augmentation) and go sneaky beaky while the other three wait outside.

I think I finally need to get underrail. No idea why I have not bought it already. Any recommendations for some good deals on <20€ rpg games (must be turn based) or <4€ smaller games like hacknet or even shenzen i/o?

Actually I just noticed I already do own underrail. My brain, why are you like this?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom