Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Carceri

Arcane
Is it still in a mostly-finished state or is definitely finished? Umm, worth a buy?

hellbent

Augur
Is it still in a mostly-finished state or is definitely finished? Umm, worth a buy?

Your mileage may vary depending on whether you enjoyed the DK series or not. If you liked the Dungeons series of games more, you probably won't think WftO is all that great. I last played it over a year ago and it was solid, stable and fun to play then. I played through the campaign and did some skirmishes, which were fine but supposedly have more options now. Compared to most RTS fare, it gives you many more options to beat missions and that alone gives it some replay value. Now that it's on GOG (and free for me with GOG Connect), I'll certainly play it again.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I had a quick look at Bogus Detour.

This is from the same devs as made Hammerwatch, which is quite an enjoyable Gauntlet clone. Due to Serious Sam being more about guns, Bogus Detour ends up being a twin-stick shooter with light RPG elements and some of the Serious Sam charm and humor.

I at least recommend giving it a look.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know GOG is getting big when they are policing the forums, delete posts, and there are no threads about the recent terrorist attacks.

Seems GOG just delete "problematic" threads now.

No surprises there. After all, this is the chick they hired to be the new community manager.

6o3kfiud.png

I may have gotten off on the wrong foot with her.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

If you use the gog forums you'll end up interacting with tinye most of the times, and that guy makes me feel like shooting myself. In a way they are worse than the steam forums.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you use the gog forums you'll end up interacting with tinye most of the times, and that guy makes me feel like shooting myself. In a way they are worse than the steam forums.

I remember once I started a thread, and I anticipated how my question could be answered in a "funny" way, so I made a disclaimer. Still, within minutes the TinyYapper was there making the obvious quip.
That was the last time I started a thread in the General Discussions forum.

And now that the GOG web page have been "improved" by being slow as syrup and the forums being actively monitored there's not much point in posting. Not that the main forum was that interesting to start with, but at least it was one of the few uncensored forums I knew of.

Endemic

Arcane
And now that the GOG web page have been "improved" by being slow as syrup and the forums being actively monitored there's not much point in posting. Not that the main forum was that interesting to start with, but at least it was one of the few uncensored forums I knew of.

The game-specific forums at least have useful information.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The game-specific forums at least have useful information.

You mean incessant complaining when something doesn't work, and attempts to solve that problem (which far too often involve the userbase coming up with the solution and then GOG just following their footsteps). But that aside, there's no real discussion going on. Discussions about, say, whether one particular version of a game should be featured or another. Whether a particular set of mods should be included, whether a game is actually any good.

Those kind of topics are very few and far between.

Endemic

Arcane
But that aside, there's no real discussion going on. Discussions about, say, whether one particular version of a game should be featured or another. Whether a particular set of mods should be included, whether a game is actually any good.

Those kind of topics are very few and far between.

I appreciate your point, but that varies depending on the game. It's not like the Steam forums don't have a lot of the "my game is bugged halp!!1one" type discussion.

AoW forum has a bunch of PBEM threads, for example: https://af.gog.com/forum/age_of_wonders_series#1498565743?as=1649904300

There are threads on mods for quite a few games (I found out about Heroes 5.5 on GOG, along with the unofficial 1.50 patch for MOO2).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom