Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Eisenwald: Blood of November is 4.49 , but if you get the bundle and have the main game it's 3.59 :lehappymerchant:

I'm going to buy the STALKER bundle. I hope it's good.
:bro: it's awesome
Well, it's downloading. I noticed it has mods out. I looked up the best mods, and I'm going with the Stalker 2009 mod. I've never played the game before, so I think something simple that updates the graphics and minimally improves gameplay sounds nice.

shadow of chernobyl is my second favourite game of all time

play on master

Deleted member 7219

Picked up Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Stardew Valley.

A friend bought me Supreme Commander. I think he wants us to play multiplayer - but modern RTS games bore me, especially the multiplayer ones (only exceptions being Total War).

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Nex Machina: Pure Arcade Incline
Strongly varied twin-stick shooter action filled to the brim with secrets, scoring strategies, and shit to blow up. Pacing is breakneck and the music is bangin'. Like in Robotron you have to save humans, but to keep up your human combo you need to space out when you collect humans between refilling the combo bar once you pick up a human and picking up another right before it goes empty, so you can keep the chain going for as long as possible so you have a full combo bar at the start of the next level, and levels here are fucking fast.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
By cleaning you guys mean hidden category, or what ?
Removing from library when possible (even then you can restore the game from support menu so no risk) or hiding the stuff that cannot be removed because of linked games (like non-goty versions, beta clients etc. I have 55 of those damn things).

passerby

Arcane
Meh, you can't delete a single game from bundle key activation. For the bundles with separate keys, I wasn't activating the worst fodder in the first place.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Hi, I'm DeepOcean and this is my first day of the "Bought on Steam and never played." support group.
Tell us your story DeepOcean.
I noticed some years ago that I couldn't resist buying games at Steam sales. When I see a 75% off, I just can't resist.
Yeah, we know your pain brother.
Things actually escalated, on some games, I had more fun buying them than playing them.
How many games do you have that you will probably ever play?
150 games.
You aren't alone...
I have 349 games
I have 450 games
I gave alot of money to Gaben, 1200 games so far.
We should all do a collective hug right now.
I had 1200 or 1300 at some point but then I started deleting the bundle trash and I'm down to 755. Cleaning up my library was even more fun than buying all that shit D:
The relief I feel reading this is inhuman. It's like finding a circle of degenerates with the same creepy, socially unacceptable fetish as you do. I thought I was the only barely sane person who cares a lot about "library purity" and cleaning up especially the remnants from the bundle age. And holy shit let me tell you, it feels goooood to finish up the cleaning, browse through it and think "yep, I'd play all of these". In fact, I feel almost a little high as if I just snorted my own Steam library. It's like going to sleep after a totally bowel-emptying poop and a good shower, on newly replaced bed sheets.
There are dozens of us, dozens!

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hey agris, I just noticed you have 29+ hours in Convoy! Any comment? Worth $3.74?
Yeah, I liked it. Good game for unwinding, and a fun little RNG-based upgrader / rogue-like. The map is NOT random, just the events and spawns and quests. I liked the RT movement part, those that hate player dexterity impacting results in any way would surely howl.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm going to buy the STALKER bundle. I hope it's good.
:bro: it's awesome
Well, it's downloading. I noticed it has mods out. I looked up the best mods, and I'm going with the Stalker 2009 mod. I've never played the game before, so I think something simple that updates the graphics and minimally improves gameplay sounds nice.

shadow of chernobyl is my second favourite game of all time

play on master
I've been playing on Stalker, the level above Novice, I just forgot the name of the difficulty. It's easy, though. I think I'll play the sequels on a higher difficulty. I always like to get used to the game before I try out any hardcore modes.

A bit of a weird game. I left the camp, and I killed three soldiers walking around the road. After, I went back to camp, and all hell broke loose. These fucking well-equipped dudes just bulldozed the camp and killed everyone. I thought they followed me, so I reloaded and left the soldiers alone. After I completed my first mission, I talked to the fat guy at the camp. He said to be careful around the soldiers because they'll send a Spetznaz unit after you. I was actually about to Google why the hell those dudes showed up, and now I know.

Game reminds me a bit of the original Fallouts where NPCs give you advise about the world. I wasn't expecting that, but for some reason, I'm trying to play this game like I would Fallout: 3/New Vegas. It's only leading to me getting killed. I need to stop running at well-armed dudes walking the roads and use my binoculars more.

I'm at the garbage. Just killed the two guards, but I haven't entered the next zone. Snuck past those soldiers guarding the broken bridge. It's a pretty good game, though. I can't imagine how brutal it would be on the hardest difficulty, though. That radar doesn't always work. I've had enemies come up behind me. Hell, one of those fuckers at the Garbage's entrance flanked me while I was picking off his buddy from behind the truck/container.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Have you run into a pack of dogs yet, Mexi? Or at least witnessed a fellow stalker enjoying the company of man's best friend?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Have you run into a pack of dogs yet, Mexi? Or at least witnessed a fellow stalker enjoying the company of man's best friend?
Plenty, and I've seen damn near a ton of Stalker corpses from getting eaten by those things. Do they one-shot you at higher difficulties? That'd be a fucking headache because they're fast and require either 1-shot from a shotgun or a ton of bullets from a handgun. Luckily, I'm playing on medium difficulty. They don't do much damage. I'm also glad they run away instead of fighting to the death. Saves me the bullets.

sser

Arcane
Developer
aArQt90.jpg

That's about it for me. A lot of shit really wasn't on any kind of big 'sale'. Going down my wishlist was mostly 10-20% offers.

Ivan

Arcane
Plenty, and I've seen damn near a ton of Stalker corpses from getting eaten by those things. Do they one-shot you at higher difficulties? That'd be a fucking headache because they're fast and require either 1-shot from a shotgun or a ton of bullets from a handgun. Luckily, I'm playing on medium difficulty. They don't do much damage. I'm also glad they run away instead of fighting to the death. Saves me the bullets.

mostly depends on your armor. i always felt like the lethality felt fair on master

A bit of a weird game. I left the camp, and I killed three soldiers walking around the road. After, I went back to camp, and all hell broke loose. These fucking well-equipped dudes just bulldozed the camp and killed everyone. I thought they followed me, so I reloaded and left the soldiers alone....

why?

thats why its such a great game

as long as you picked up the first quest from fox at the camp you are good to go and pick a fight with these dudes.

you can join in the gloriousness but i prefer to run around and hide then loot the corpses for better GUNZ than the pea shooter you will get up the road.

also, LOLZ

anybody have an opinion on the 'alien breed' line of games?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610/Alien_Breed_Impact/
I got Alien Breed 2 for free on one of the previous Steam sales, and it was so boring I couldn't even play it in co-op.
Alien Swarm (and the new version Reactive Drop) is free and it's better.
Also, check Alien Shooter.

anybody have an opinion on the 'alien breed' line of games?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610/Alien_Breed_Impact/
I got Alien Breed 2 for free on one of the previous Steam sales, and it was so boring I couldn't even play it in co-op.
Alien Swarm (and the new version Reactive Drop) is free and it's better.
Also, check Alien Shooter.

yeah I have been playing reactive drop, and I like it so far. I am just not sure how deep it really goes as far as party building and items etc...but I have been having fun with it so far

mastroego

Arcane
Well, I guess I'm skipping this shitty sale.
I bought XCom 2 the week before it, and now, just because I'm a completionist and I've just said "Fuck it!", I've bought SC 2: Legacy of the Void on Battle.net.
I got the first two chapters some time ago for 10$ each, the third chapter is now at $20 (from 30$) - which for Blizzard is almost as much discount as you can ever expect.
I'd like to complete the campaign... sometime, but at least now I can stop checking for sales.

So, well, Steam... we might try again on Winter, mightn't we?

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Yeah, this sale's format is a joke. A fixed catalog with pretty much standard deals. It's a normal weekly sale but more products were thrown in. Only few titles have really great deals but they're hidden from the main page. I'm probably goig to get Red Comrades (just because it's a point&click), Deponia Doomsday (for the sake of finishing the series), Dishonored (I've never played it) and Templar Battleforce.
Oh, and I'm gonna do it and repurchase Elite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom