Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm thinking about buying Dishonored 2 after trying the demo, but I wasn't impressed so I'll ask here:

Does the game get better after you deal with the Crown Killer? From what I played so far, it's literally Dishonored v1.2 with worse characters, and there doesn't seem to be any difference at all between Emily and Corvo playthroughs in terms of story. Also 90% of the powers and bone charms are ported over from Dishonored 1 and they turned it into a bone collector simulator, what the fuck?

Anyway, I also read online about massive performance issues in the clockwork mansion mission and in mission 5. Have these been fixed?

Drakron

Arcane
I brought Elite: Dangerous.

I did the tutorial and since I dont have a joystick my experience was ... "why nothing is mapped, why nothing is mapped", followed by "OMG WHO THE HELL MADE MOUSE TO DO THIS", followed by "STOP SPINNING YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT" and "This is unplayable, I need a Joystick for this".

In the tutorial to land I ... crashed into the station and blown up since mouse control sucks (and I was pissed), then I got stuck into the approach scaffolding (or whatever that is, its the spikes) and died because I could not unstuck and then on my 3rd approach I managed to land as I was being very careful and didnt crash on landing.

Combat needs flight assist with mouse, end of story ... and that was the tutorial.

On one hand, many many and many years ago I brought a game called "TIE Fighter" that you could use a mouse if you hated yourself and this is how I first brought a joystick but on the other hand it wasnt as BAD as Elite Dangerous with its insane keybind mapping, mouse control is AWFUL were for some unexplained reason you ROLL with mouse instead of turning ... I played some flight sims with mouse, like Freelander that wasnt as bad (in fact I "beat" that game) but by god the controls mapping downright suck and mouse is near useless, also for some reason I cannot use mouse to navigate menus, I mean if I am left or right console that takes full screen why the fuck mouse navigation not available? TIE Fighter was simply not very playable with mouse because TIEs were too maneuverable and you needed finer control bit Elite Dangerous simply is ... bad.

I guess its HOTAS time.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are there any good shooters on sale on steam?
PREY, the "reboot" of Prey.

Has jack shit to do with the previous game though except both contain aliens. It's actually more a "spiritual successor" of System Shock 2 than Bioshock ever was.

Character and inventory system from SS2.
Setting from Bioshock (sure it's in space but it looks exactly like Rapture, all Art Deco & shit) Just missing the creepy little girls that suck out your genes.
Plot seems to be "inspired" by Half-Life. At least the beginning. Also it has changeling headcrabs.

So not exactly original, but all the elements work really well together. I think it's only 30% off though.

anybody play hell divers? is it fun? I played some alien swarm reactive drop recently and liked it. I would like to play a game with way more skills and weapons variety along the same lines.

so far I have bought:

Grim Dawn
Warlock master of the arcane
star wolves 3

I am thinking about maybe Hell Divers, Hearts of Iron 4, and Battles of Norghan

I'm tempted to get Templar Battleforce, Beholder and Homeworld Remastered Collection for the total sum of 20 euros. I'm ready to hear objections though
i like templar so far and they keep adding more stuff. playd maybe 8 hours so far, but it is better than I thought it was going to be

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've bought:

Dishonored 2
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Firewatch
HITMAN
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
Overcooked
Wizardry 6
Wizardry 7
Wizardry 8

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom