Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, Dorn isn't all that bad in 1, and his quest in 2 isn't bad, with very successful use of C&C depending on how you influence him to act. Neera is awful, Tumblr personified.

Krivol

Magister
What? Neera is the most well-written female companion since Kaeyln the Dove.

I just... It's... I mean...

giphy.gif

MasPingon

Arcane
Yeah, and thanks to laying off my walkthrough for 2 months I lost an estimated 80,000 hits to my blog.

Is it really ardent advocacy to link to discounts for poor/cheap people? Am I a Beamdog bot? Or am I just mucking around? You be the judge!

You rather seem like a tasteless sheep, thinking you are somehow better for buying bad games.

Lhynn

Arcane
What? Neera is the most well-written female companion since Kaeyln the Dove.
Wait, are you being sarcastic? shes bad teenager fanfic tier writing at best. Pretty much every companion mod, including saerileth is of better quality than neera. Shes so bad she seems out of place even on a fully modded game.
Her first appearance in BG2:EE left me wondering what mod she belonged to, i swear to god i started looking at what i had installed before figuring out she was an addition from beamdog.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey hey hey, what about this poorness shame? Since when being poor is an insult to throw around? Charles Dickens much?

makchanka

Arbiter
The romances are actually engaging (unlike in other games where your options are fuckpuppet 1, fuckpuppet 2, a bisexual fuckpuppet, or the edgy fuckpuppet). One of them is hilarious in that it turns the whole idea of in-game romance on its head, where the character basically forcibly romances the player. It's actually kind of amazing. The first dungeon is one of the best dungeons in the IE games, period. It forces limited resting, so you actually have to give a shit about resource management. It can be slow at points, and feels much smaller than the other BG games, but it's still a lot of fun.

Anyone whining about "SJWs" is either a literal child or is some kind of delusional neckbeard who thinks 15-year-old tumblrinas are coming to steal his video games. There's no SJW shit here. The characters are actually decently written. The plot is fun. There's no overbearing social justice message like the shrill 4chan tweens seem to think there is. Unlike them, it doesn't beat you over the head with a sociopolitical message. It's perfectly fine in that regard. No one jumps out at you shrieking about glass ceilings and gay agendas.

My one gripe is that they've gone back to forcing you to take pairs of people. Minsc must take Dynahier. Jaheira must come along with fucking khalid again. This can be circumvented pretty easily without even using any rez cheese, however, so it's not really a big deal. The character interactions, as always, are a lot of fun, and feel a lot more mature and well-rounded than they did in the older games.

It's excellent for what it is - an oldschool expansion pack. It's a definite buy at full price.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Ran through it again with a better party. It's a lot more satisfying
letting Caelar join Belhifet and killing her
. It feels too much like she wins at the end if you don't do it. She gets what she wanted and ends up looking like a damn hero, and she is too damn stubborn and proud if you want to humiliate her with the dialogue choices. Doing what I did makes her whole crusade fall flat on its face since
Ann has to remain in the Nine Hells anyway
. I felt a lot better with that ending since her entire family is forever shamed, and she accomplished nothing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
That "there's no SJW agenda here" is provably wrong, because they (at least what's-her-face, the fired one) blatantly admitted to putting SJW agendas in there lololol. Not to mention the entire studio going on a crusade on Twitter against "bigots ruining the ratings because of their bigotry".

Ulfhednar

Savant
Beamdog put in the SJW bullshit because they wanted to bury all the legitimate criticism SoD deserves. It seems to have worked.

makchanka

Arbiter
That "there's no SJW agenda here" is provably wrong, because they (at least what's-her-face, the fired one) blatantly admitted to putting SJW agendas in there lololol. Not to mention the entire studio going on a crusade on Twitter against "bigots ruining the ratings because of their bigotry".

I come from the oldschool where "SJW" meant whiny idiot who shrieks about made-up injustices on the internet. like, for instance, civil rights for otherkin or ethics in gaming journalism. I don't know what you mean by "SJW," but unless they called themselves "SJWs" or put some outlandish crazy shit in there then I'm not really interested in bickering over the definition. if you mean they're probably liberals, then yes, I'll concede they're probably liberals.

makchanka

Arbiter
Beamdog put in the SJW bullshit because they wanted to bury all the legitimate criticism SoD deserves. It seems to have worked.

what SJW bullshit are you even talking about? do you have any examples? I don't even know what this shit means anymore

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I come from the oldschool where "SJW" meant whiny idiot who shrieks about made-up injustices on the internet. like, for instance, civil rights for otherkin or ethics in gaming journalism. I don't know what you mean by "SJW," but unless they called themselves "SJWs" or put some outlandish crazy shit in there then I'm not really interested in bickering over the definition. if you mean they're probably liberals, then yes, I'll concede they're probably liberals.

Minsc literally had a quip about GamerGate... Also, this (the second post) -

1460068963230.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom