Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mazisky

Magister
Seeems like Deadfire and Pathfinder:Kingmaker will be released the same period, it will be a great summer next year

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The camping im expeditions games are great amd it surprisingly work. They got grrat random encounters too diring camping

Also all the baby animals died during the castle explosion :(

I will just pretend they live in a playground somewhere and all crushed when dickhead eothas crumble the walls around them

Quillon

Arcane
So, not only do we have to carry camping supplies, but also food for each rest? Isn't that redundant?

Sounded like food replaced camping supplies(?) with that post in german couple days ago. If you rest often you burn through food with good bonuses etc. So if we rest whenever a character looses 25% of HP which might happen often, we'll progressively loose better bonuses as we rest I guess.

Google Translate said:
Our respite mechanism uses food to heal injuries and to bonuses (I do not know whether this word is correct for games) to give. You can often take a rest, but the best food is expensive or rare. If you are to rest too often, you fight sooner or later with lower bonuses.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nity-ii-deadfire.108836/page-302#post-5166221

Anyway I like resting uses food otherwise I rarely use food in games...except in Witcher 3, in the middle of the combat.

---

Xoty's portrait looks more attractive than I thought :P

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And survival wasn't worth taking because Inn bonuses were *always* better, outside the very beginning of the game before you had more money than you could spend.

Not accurate. Inn bonuses persist trough 2-3 rests, so can be stacked with camping bonuses.
Plus which exactly Inn bonuses were better then +20 Accuracy vs a racial group or +20-30% Flanking damage?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Animancy Cat?

362f5b619b378c0ac25ccd31eca5a331531d725f7a2b8fe667076b8030ec5ee9.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom