Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter: World - pre-release thread

Perkel

Arcane
ppsspp emulator for psp and monster hunter 3rd for psp are good.

Ivan

Arcane
Ivan why don't you just play one of the monster hunter games in an emulator to see what type of game it is? Descriptions won't give a full picture
I think it'll be best for this to be my first experience, given that it's meant to be the most grandiose, HD version.

Mozg

Arcane
Bleah, Zinogre looks like the monster equivalent of a 7-color JRPG sword with covered with gems, skulls, horns, and random pointy parts.

Tigrex's charge legitimately activates some cave man predator-fear part of the brain. I like the monsters that still seem like plausibly natural predators rather than weird deities.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck it they should make all new monsters for MHW and bring only rathalos as old one due to it being staple of series.
Even when they will bring old ones they should completely rework their animations and behavior.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Bleah, Zinogre looks like the monster equivalent of a 7-color JRPG sword with covered with gems, skulls, horns, and random pointy parts.

His color scheme is soothing but most importantly he has one of the best and most fine tuned move set making him a joy to fight.

Fuck it they should make all new monsters for MHW and bring only rathalos as old one due to it being staple of series.
Even when they will bring old ones they should completely rework their animations and behavior.

I'd be fine with this too. Worked for Tri. Then the morons brought back more Gen 1 garbage for 4th gen and X.

sullynathan

Arcane
I actually dislike the really fast bosses in this series now that I think about it. Nargacuga is so ridiculously fast for a game that has slow characters.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Zinogre isn't that fast tbh. He just has moves that cover a wide array of situational positions. Molten Tigrex, now there's a fast and mean monster that is zero fun to hunt.

Last edited:

Declinator

Arbiter
The 10th anniversary poll showed that Nargacuca is the number one favorite so it's probably in. Zinogre and Tigrex in top five too.
http://imgur.com/a/jPfE0

Zinogre isn't that fast tbh. He just has moves that cover a wide array of situational positions. Molten Tigrex, now there's a fast and mean monster that is zero fun to hunt.
Is Molten Tigrex even any faster than normal (G-rank) Tigrex? I thought Molten was a fairly nice monster to hunt. Certainly above average. I think G-rank Zinogre/Stygian Zinogre are faster.

I'd probably pick Furious Rajang as the fastest though Yian Garuga with its lack of much telegraphing has a say too.

Fast monsters are the best though. I cannot see why anyone would like the super slow tank monster like Ukanlos, Gogmazios, or even something that approaches crawling speed like Kushala Daora (my personal least favorite monster though mostly because of it's annoying wind aura.)

sullynathan

Arcane
i liked

• Volvidon
  • Tigrex
  • Barioth
  • Zinogre
  • Yian Kut-Ku
  • Rathian
  • Duramboros
  • Diablos
Tigrex is overall just a better version of Nargacuga, I don't know why the fans like Nargacuga so much. Zinogre is so and so. His combos can be ridiculous.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Zinogre is pretty nice to test weapons on because his moveset is very easy to predict once you know him. Stiggy ziggy on the other hand, turned into a challenge in 4U when they buffed his bullshit balls.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I thought all of 4U was a pushover except Apex Rajang.

Vorark

Erudite
Is there a chance of any Generations monsters to be in this, or no because it was a spinoff?

I think it's too early to tell, hopefully a "leaked list" will appear somewhere. Glavenus and the insectoid Rathalos (Astalos?) would be a good match, going by the opening video of Generations.

Luka-boy

Arcane
I'll be satisfied if Cutest Monster is in the game.
:M
kutkusgonnakutdkupi.gif
yiankut-ku4491634su7q.png
courageous_kut__ku_bywyunw.gif

c92b817510195ecae54f910uyi.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
I disagree. They should nuke Kut-ku from orbit. IT is gen1 monster that literally had almost 0 improvements.

Querepco is much better designed monster and much much much more fun to fight.

kalganoat

Savant
It's hilarious watching how a certain group react to this game.

It's the localized MHXX.
It's a MMO.
It's a spinoff.
It's watered down.
It requires a online fee.
It will bomb in the West.

I haven't seen this many people wishing for the game to fail since MH3G.

hajro

Arbiter
oh god i forgot how aids this series can be, having fun with mh3 on dolphin :selfhate:

Vorark

Erudite
^Thanks!

Didn't watch all the videos but seems to be 4U moveset in addition to a couple of new moves here and there, like the one at the end of the SA video.

Hopefully Capcom won't fuck this up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom