Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Pretty sure giving unbridled freedom to shitcucks can only result in shit. This looks like shit - all these videos with fucking academic experts is the epitome of hipster garbage.

majestik12

Arcane
Same character, different makeup.
Lqg902M.png

The face shapes look quite different too.
Anyway, what matters to me is that the old one looked like a crazy dangerous bitch who can literally go to hell and kick demon butts, and the new one is anything but that. And on top of that, the old one is also way more attractive.
The devs tried hard to be artsy instead of making sense within the context of their own story. As a result, they failed at both.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"Hey John?"

"Yes Ed?"

"You think we made these moves telegraphed enough? Made sure the player has enough time to dodge, make a cup of tea and then get in a couple of hits?"

"Hmmm, not sure. Best throw in a 'slo-mo' special move just in case."

The models and animation sure look purty though. Just hope this is a very early fight, like tutorial early.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Same character, different makeup.
Lqg902M.png

The face shapes look quite different too.
Anyway, what matters to me is that the old one looked like a crazy dangerous bitch who can literally go to hell and kick demon butts, and the new one is anything but that. And on top of that, the old one is also way more attractive.
The devs tried hard to be artsy instead of making sense within the context of their own story. As a result, they failed at both.
Yeah, I was super disappointed when I saw the change like two years ago. The old one looked messed up and attractive. The new one looks like an average girl who has hardly been in battle. The visuals was one of the only things this game had going for it, which is why this change is such a big letdown.

Parsifarka

Arcane
What a pile of crap. So it's half movie, a quarter of excruciatingly boring combat and a quarter of stupid puzzles apt for preschoolers with yet another detective vision mimicry. And on top of that she's not even hot. Terrible, way to spoil what three years looked like a good idea.
14713744687_576f83d59e_z.jpg

I won't forget the original cutie :salute:

sullynathan

Arcane
Nu-DMC isn't too bad but that Enslaved is like a shittier version of Uncharted without guns. This looks way too much like God of War 4 too.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Ninja Theory has never really gotten the hang of combat. DmC was the closest they ever got to designing 'good' combat, and even then that's because it was basically just a substantially watered-down variant of DMC4's combat with most of the complexity cut out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom