Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Winners of the MS Paint your way to a copy of Tyranny or PoE with GOG

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: GWENT; MS Paint Competition; Pillars of Eternity; Tyranny

A few weeks ago, to help celebrate GOG's RPG week and the launch of GWENT, we held a competition where you could MS Paint your way to a copy of Tyranny or Pillars of Eternity.

In usual Codex fashion, the competition turned into a horrible disaster with most entries being crappy in-jokes.

After discussion, the judges agreed that there were only 2 worthy entries, and that those 2 entrants would receive a copy of both Tyranny and PoE as a prize.

Our first winner is Explorerbc who was hilariously on point with his entry:

Our second winner is Nekot-The-Brave who unlike everyone else, actually bothered to put in some effort:

In recognition of that effort, Nekot not only wins a copy of Tyranny and PoE, but also a third game of his choice, courtesy of the guys at GOG.

Thanks to our two winners. The rest of you suck and can go die in a hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Congrats, Nekot, a well deserved winner. Also the other guy.

Now that hard work and effort on behalf of the Codex has proven to produce rewards I predict the next competition to be a glorious technicolour rainbow of genius that would make Michaelangelo take up bricklaying. Looking forward to it.

Weasel
My diligent efforts were not rewarded with a key I had no use for. That's the last time I waste effort on a Kodex Kontest, time to check out those sweet competitions I hear the Watch put on

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Explorersbcs pic is fucking hilarious.

And Nekots pic is very skillful. It gets even better considering that he is a wealthy dude who can buy whatever game he pleases so he went through all the effort of making that in mspaint just for the fun of it. Thats bredy gud! :salute:

I am fine with this. :positive:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, you all have still my avatars available for your joy and enjoyment, if only Crooked Bee would get around implementing them.

Also, if done on Paint, how an earth this entry by Lagole Gon didn't warrant a prize? I mean tastes may vary, but the skill and effort surely is there.
0NlkiCZ.png

I already have the ultimate balance game. So one Tranny for me plox.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
To help celebrate / shamelessly promote themselves, GOG are offering us 5 copies of Tyranny and 5 copies of Pillars of Eternity. If you'd like to score yourself a copy of either game (and you would, wouldn't you), simply make something in MS Paint that:

• Expresses your joy of The Witcher.
  • Shows how much you love Pillars of Eternity.
  • Somehow involves Tyranny.
  • Celebrates your love of RPGs.
  • Depicts the day Cleve actually releases Grimoire.
Fuck you DU, seriously fuck you! You can read the original rules up there. Did we enter with shitty paint drawings? Sure, but what did you expect? And just for the record the first winner is neither more complex, nor better than the other entries. And guess what, it is not even connected to the theme of the competition, it is not about those five points you listed above. Roffles. And some of the entries were genuinly good drawings, but they are disqualified because it is about a stupid injoke? Fuck you!

Next time when you make a competition, follow through it and don't decide to change the rules afterwards.

And oh, what about the other 8 keys you were given? Because you wrote that you got 5 for Tyranny and 5 for PoE.

There, let the butthurt ratings flow.

Weasel
:lol:

Who would have thought that a competition with a category like "Depicts the day Cleve actually releases Grimoire" would generate so many "crappy in-jokes" in response? Bad Codexers!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Did anyone actually take this competition seriously? Do newfags expect this kind of thing to end in anything other than LOLs and butthurt?
I don't think it was taken seriously, hence the lot of shitty entries. It was however expected that DU would follow the rules and choose the 10 winners.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I don't think it was taken seriously, hence the lot of shitty entries. It was however expected that DU would follow the rules and choose the 10 winners.

Just give them all to Nekot-The-Brave and he can distribute them as he sees fit. If this really was paid for by GoG do you really think they'd want winning entries celebrating faeces, heresy, and various types of unnatural activities - i.e. all the things that the Codex is rightly celebrated for? If it was paid for out of DU's pocket then fair enough, but that's not the case.

Edit: Don't you acknowledge my agenda you little prick! :argh:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
:planetickets:

DU, you wouldn't know a good art piece even if someone shoved it up your vegemite valley!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom