Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
YaLlmyC.jpg

:lol:

lightbane

Arcane
Well then, here you have more pics. The most perceptive of you might have noticed that there were spoilers in some of them, but for for the three people that care, they likely finished Dark Fear already.

Dark Fear (cont.)

556F049D4C35C7C3BE0F173F5FFFA5CF8E9FA0AE

5B75997FC52FC676B35007F0260E5CAB040FE140

1FFA8EE0043A4E97BADD1CE11B094ECB0993F3A1

E399415A83E2798625D7CC82CCC0B141BF8A8280

Dead State, a zombie-game that mostly disappoints. Also, fuck that new "anti-sneaking" trick by the AI, especially when the zombies are set in a way that wasn't corrected with that 'fix. Or how most locked doors have insanely high "security" ratings to open them without keys. Or how research was locked in a painfully obvious way to cockblock you until you got a good scientist or increased your relevant stats itself. Or how everyone was an asshole except for a few survivors, who of course are killed off-screen for no reason because FUCK YOU (amusingly enough the military are the good guys for once). Or the shitty, repetitive music. Or...
Bleh.

2B43F195646A11A8658954968CEC66D90CF118A1

68E54ACA047CB920A71369697DB4C524675A0A24

AA50C5D37ACD07D1258C6A10941FFA2CAA3C7570

B3B9A0CEDDBAB388F7DD6476F8B2A75C076C83C4

6B7460F213F6A8C27110BD1934A6F99573FB4350

E6FC3D1F3F01B00883E10226245B9CE1BF64BD4C

7356C22C093ECA4A79DD99172466A206B1F36122

9CF2A5085E1923A87EB6806DEF9ED0744A75E076

BCBDB3EF470490D84168B23AEA802F0FF1BC652C

Yep, it surely it can't be as bad as your game, Brian.

Alien shooter 2. Not many screenshots, but that's because I forgot due how intense the action usually was. Anyway, enjoy:

92C87312C46EA9B85DC8A1DEA1045DDFAD3D512A

Bonus levels were shitty and poorly designed.

CC2D700BE878829733B81AE89125B474E2F05461

What that Postal wannabe game wanted to be.

Jinn

Arcane
I've considered checking Sproggiwood out. How are you liking it? Really don't like that mobile game UI though.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
After three years of the struggle the villiant band of Orcs, Ogres and Half-Trolls complete their quest. The Emperor of Natuk is dead!

4pedIeQ.jpg

IMMSZe1.jpg

But who will be emperor now?
Thanks to badly implemented in-game screen capping, and IrfanView not being able to handle the screen capping properly the following caps look worse than in-game.

jkvf3ZF.jpg

hf6uhnY.jpg

In the end neither brain nor brawn won out. Instead it was the runt of the litter, Sniveling Snaga the Scout, who had preserved his strength in the battle, who sat back and watched the others duke it out and put a crossbow bolt in the brain of the last one standing.

nEasKRH.jpg

nHJkD9P.jpg

Db6srab.jpg

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I've considered checking Sproggiwood out. How are you liking it? Really don't like that mobile game UI though.

It's nice enough for light distraction for few hours.
Might suffer from "best loadout"-itis; I've played 3 levels in a row with same gear.

Some of those mobile UI elements can be turned off.

Bought it mainly (from Steam summer sale) to throw some money to devs so they could keep improving Caves of Qud.

Walden

Savant
Playing too many games at the same time.

xoH9M2Y.jpg

DWGU95l.jpg
Em8D2PR.jpg

nVUcUTS.png

I know man, I just..

Srosd47.jpg

My backlog is fuckin

EHnmq2u.png

At least I've just finished this.
u8HAiMi.png

k

95mmiRE.png

MF11Dc9.png

0xY7Ik2.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

:love:

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN with this one, just checking out the small details.

Like the VGA fuse aboard the Eureka. (Save before messing with the fuses!)
Having WD-40 kick your ass in several different ways.
Obviously there's a spoof on Kirk in the game, but can you spot the Picard spoof?
It took me YEARS to realize the joke behind the "Kiz Urasgubi" planet.

A horse of course

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (mild spoilers)

Oof. If you haven't played this one, you've probably, at the very least, heard people praise the pirate sections but criticize the actual Assassin's Creed-style gameplay. This is all true, but unfortunately you can't reliably separate the two and just focus on the piratical portions of the game, as many aspects of the ship-to-ship combat - special missions, unlockables and upgrades - are locked behind the condition of completing story missions. So we're talking many hours of janky platforming, half-baked stealth and interminable tail/eavesdrop missions before, during and after the actually enjoyable parts of the game. For a game that's something like 20-30hrs long even without focusing too much on side activities, that's a lot of crap to wade through.

But yes, as in ACIII and Rogue, the arcade ship combat is still great fun, and the sense of achievement you get from starting off preying upon schooners and gunboats, until you're finally powerful enough to take on Men O'War and the Legendary Ship Battles (the latter being genuinely very tough), is immense. It's just a shame this is mixed in with the AC game's horrible handling of multi-faction combat (enjoy being repeatedly struck by undefendable blows because the game couldn't detect whether an NPC was aiming at you or a crewmate) and awkward relationship with any surface more complicated than a blank rock face (masts and rigging are a nightmare to navigate at high speeds). Other side content - taking forts, stealing from supply warehouses, searching sunken wrecks, and harpooning - is a pleasant change of pace but these activities lack the depth to remain worthwhile beyond their initial novelty value. And the less said about the usual collectible-hunting and viewpoint sync-ing the better.

I wasn't as awed by the story and characters as others seem to have been. There are strands of story threads that just start to get interesting, only for the game yank you back to another unfinished plot point about some other side character from two hours ago, randomly jump forward in time five years, or decide this would be a good time for another cinematic walking trip in their super-meta Abstergo Entertainment. It seems as we're meant to get a sense of the Age of Piracy's highs and eventual low as all the major players are taken out and their "Pirate Republic" collapses, but none of this is reflected in the game world. You can sail up and down the map taking over Forts, sinking Ships of the Line and assaulting treature convoys, but the only feedback you get from this is your wanted level (which is wiped out by boarding any random ship and using the "Lower Wanted Level" option). It reminded me of the Pirates! remake from 2004, which had the colonial powers and pirates conquering or raiding rival settlements, and featured a reputation system for the different European factions - all this stuff was mostly ephemeral, but it did contribute to the sense of your actions having some weight to them, rather than just a checklist for Uplay points.

The DLC is barely worth mentioning - the Aveline missions are about 30m-1hr long linear climbing/fighting sequences, whilst Freedom Cry is a mini-expansion with a new map area and activities based around liberating plantations and slave ships rather than plundering. It also featured some new music tracks that get irritating quite fast and do not mesh well with the other sound effects (I found out later that it was done by Olivier Deriviere, who's usually pretty good). The new islands were quite pretty but featured too many gentle banks and sloping surfaces, which the game's combat system can't interact with very well. About 4-5hrs long depending on how much side-content you can be bothered with.

I was using TXAA for AA, which looks quite good in motion but unfortunately degrades the quality of still images.

UP2V3N9.jpg
CHefRxo.jpg
lpEgTsQ.jpg
bLvYRp2.jpg
zRLAlBw.jpg
qHgRlp7.jpg
EK0CIGS.jpg
po1LZk3.jpg
pPwf8vX.jpg
TLHFSpL.jpg
Oym6ooP.jpg
JCNW3s1.jpg
so21anb.jpg
m4j8lRo.jpg
aHQZDZY.jpg
BOm9JE1.jpg
svCFPNP.jpg
ZVWOBPt.jpg
ExHay0g.jpg
yA28Sfm.jpg
5aMhI8l.jpg
UZPOQZ0.jpg
HHC9Kbm.jpg
Ks8O6qe.jpg
u3XCoio.jpg
lD2JdpA.jpg
q97yume.jpg
gCgUf5o.jpg
Q14D7ey.jpg
gbQVLWh.jpg
3loTWx2.jpg
IMPhMTl.jpg
8QealOZ.jpg
XbIOqVA.jpg
ybPFdBu.jpg
g8ZlVGL.jpg
obX9Ff6.jpg
cQHsPEC.jpg
UCqGaxy.jpg
snVjOmD.jpg
UpAy5u8.jpg
kbXiXx8.jpg
rOZBKn2.jpg
Zo8wbd5.jpg
79MyRiv.jpg
6N7mOAJ.jpg
wDi0i1A.jpg
nBSocYz.jpg
gUb5HNz.jpg
pv5SVli.jpg
59LCFlL.jpg

Freedom Cry DLC and Aveline Missions

GyRdczQ.jpg
91y7jZj.jpg
tky136J.jpg
B87yu8q.jpg
3wqw5ek.jpg
AXTmWBL.jpg
6oPoq8f.jpg
FQ31nH9.jpg
tJGpGkK.jpg
OCSx9IQ.jpg
m9QPeQd.jpg
ZClL3d2.jpg
tVTPlm3.jpg
ez8agsQ.jpg

cCp7fdx.jpg
ksTvOrU.jpg
A1zsw2J.jpg
Tl3zTO4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HansDampf

Arcane
HENSHIN!

nuzLsuI.png

unW5EA2.png

I was testing some games in Dolphin and got hooked on Viewtiful Joe. The muscle memory is still there, even after more than 10 years.

674p1Tz.jpg

ffbZCcR.jpg

Zs2Mz18.jpg

WtDOAAa.png

O4S9PVi.png

bxqfiUF.jpg

l4Rl5jo.png

raRa1Bb.jpg

aR67fIO.jpg

CLyeGQX.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom