Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ The let's play forum is a wasteland

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I only do games that no one is interested in anyway. My last LPs had been read by practically no one. The only person who benefits from them now is myself because they are sort of a documentary how I play.

I also guess with the advent of videos people simply dont want to read LP's that much any more. To be honest I am surprised that people read them at all. I could personally not be bothered to read someone else's b/s, except it is something I desperately need to learn, like a strategy game.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
Let's plays are mostly either for the lulz if you have someone who is funny doing it, works great for europa universalis 3 for example. There is a hilarious one on the paradox site where this guy conquers world as some minor rurikovich.

Or for old games people may not have played or may be nostalgic for but don't feel like firing up.

Videos are just horribly boring though sometimes I watch to see if a game is shit or not.

Fargus

Arcane
For the same reason others enjoy vid-based ones? But with better jokes and more thought out into it?

I have no idea why someone enjoys video lps.

I enjoy rare cases of lets plays where the player doesn't sound like obnoxious moron, and makes rather informative comments. But those are really hard to find in the sea of shit known as youtube.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I enjoyed mayking LPs of grand strategy games and simulations, even though not all of the were the best playthroughs for they have helped me structure and document my shit better.

The thing that killed it for me was when people came in and posted retarded bullshit from their game, completely killing the tone that I built up.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Image + text let's plays are dead like DragonBall Z fan fiction.

Trust me, I know. I've done both in my time, and while they were fun while they lasted, I do not plan to return to neither - too much work for too small an audience. I'd rather write a book or something.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
"Gohan, Gohan you need to snap out of it now, we can't hold him any longer big brother." Goten yelled.

Gohan sat hunched over in the corner his head in his hands sobbing, suddenly a large explosion went off sending Goten and Trunks flying across the cave and hitting the wall next to Gohan, Trunks looked up hopefully at Gohan his eyes streaked with tears.

"Gohan you can do this, you have to do this, you always come through for us…. YOU JUST NEED TO REMEMBER!" Trunks slumped to the floor and lay next to his motionless friend.

"Trunks…. Goten, Dad, Vegeta and Videl, you all put your lives on the line for me." Gohan sobbed, his tears hitting the floor hard, "even though I couldn't remember anything about any of you, I know enough now to realise I cared for all of you," Gohan's hands clenched and his face turned to a hard cold glare as grief turned gradually to rage, "I will not let anyone hurt the ones I love."

The target of Gohan's rage now stood in the opening to the large cave they had been hiding in, watching as Gohan, the reason for him being here, stood and faced him with a cold hard exterior barely concealing his rage that flashed across his features and his eyes a bright teal colour.

"so you are the guardian of this planet, the one I have heard so much about, the boy who doesn't know who he is, ha ha I will crush you!" the invaders voice boomed.

"I may not remember everything about my past, but my friends have shown me the kind of person I am and the power I wield, I will not allow you to hurt them or this planet anymore." Gohan looked into the invaders eyes his eyes now a constant teal colour, "I will destroy you for what u have done."

"Ha ha ha, foolish boy so be it I will kill you and then take this planet for my own amusement."

"Then try it" Gohan's rage had peaked and he felt a strange confidence wash over him, taking him by surprise.

Gohan watched as the invader and his would be executioner pulled his arm back behind his head and strained, pulling energy from his body and surroundings into the palm of his hand, the ball of white energy growing bigger by the second with sparks of electricity like bolts being expelled into the cave.

"Now take this, OBLITERATING STRIKE!"

Gohan watched as the massive ball of energy was directed towards him, suddenly he was running on adrenalin and instinct both of which kept him rooted to the spot and with the energy ball only inches from his face something clicked in Gohan's head, he could remember. Just as the energy ball was about to make contact a bright aura erupted around Gohan causing the incoming attack to dissipate into nothing around him leaving the invader speechless.

With an eerily calm voice Gohan stated, "now it's my turn."

A horse of course

Gohan watched as the invader and his would be executioner pulled his arm back behind his head and strained, pulling energy from his body and surroundings into the palm of his hand, the ball of white energy growing bigger by the second

:shredder:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I had something like 5K-7K pictures left for my BGT Let's Play but then I dropped the HD during a system rebuild and lost them all.

Felt bad man. :negative:

Got so bummed out I've never been able to start up another one.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gohan watched as the massive ball of energy was directed towards him, suddenly he was running on adrenalin and instinct both of which kept him rooted to the spot and with the energy ball only inches from his face something clicked in Gohan's head, he could remember. Just as the energy ball was about to make contact a bright aura erupted around Gohan causing the incoming attack to dissipate into nothing around him leaving the invader speechless.

With an eerily calm voice Gohan stated, "now it's my turn."

You should have ended this with 'Gohan calmy said, "Let's Play." Lost opportunity here.

TC Jr

Scholar
The appeal of video lps is I can sit back and hopefully be entertained while drinking/smoking, no one (minority maybe) wants to be reading some faggot's experience, I want to see the gameplay.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The Codex is becoming full of casual gamers who ain't got time for dis.

SHUT UP AND GIVE ME MY QUEST ARROW ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111112222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222@22222222222@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2

Modron

Arcane
The appeal of video lps is I can sit back and hopefully be entertained while drinking/smoking, no one (minority maybe) wants to be reading some faggot's experience, I want to see the gameplay.
I can't believe people want to spend tens/hundreds of hours watching someone else playing a vidya, if the lp medium takes every bit as long to watch as it does to play why aren't you playing the game?

TC Jr

Scholar
I can't believe people want to spend tens/hundreds of hours watching someone else playing a vidya, if the lp medium takes every bit as long to watch as it does to play why aren't you playing the game?
I don't actually watch lps, I've watched a few shitstorm of scariness vids for mindless entertainment but yeah I don't think "I feel like playing fallout 1, fuck it I'll just watch somecunt play", it's more something I'd stick on to go to sleep or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom