Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Andhaira

Arcane
d9e40c706ee74c72225ff3af005ea4525ed11f84.jpg

The Crimson Court releases June 19th!

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.”
― Gene Wolfe

Gird yourselves for a bloody campaign against the mist-shrouded menaces that lurk behind the Courtyard gate.

Darkest Dungeon’s first expansion, The Crimson Court, is scheduled for release on PC/Mac/Linux (Steam, GoG, Humble, Twitch) on June 19th 2017, and will cost $9.99 USD. We do not have a hard date for PSN owners, but we are targeting the following month. Inevitable issues result from releasing to a wide audience, and we want to make sure our console build benefits from the hotfixes we’ll be pushing to Steam as issues are discovered. (It’s a longer process to release hotfixes on PSN.)

At Red Hook, we’re working around the clock on the exciting new content and features that will be coming to Hamlet next month. Drawing hands are sore, spreadsheets are bursting with data, and eyes are blurry, but our own excitement is pushing us ever forward! We’ve been pretty tight-lipped on details but we’ll be revealing more information in the coming weeks including screenshots, boss teases, and a comprehensive look at the new class.

In case you’ve missed some of the earlier announcements on what to expect, let’s recap:
  • A new hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
  • A new wandering boss: The Fanatic
  • A new dungeon region: The Courtyard
  • A full faction of new deadly foes
  • 4 new, unique Courtyard Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
  • Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves
  • Districts: New prestige buildings that offer permanent, estate-wide bonuses
    Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes - with set bonuses!

For now enjoy this amazing promo art we commissioned from Leesha Hannigan! Be sure to follow her on twitter and let her know how awesome this poster is. We have more amazing commissioned posters that we will be releasing on the run up to Crimson Courts release! So stay tuned.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/1262543810907492439

Infinitron

Celerity

Silva

Arcane
So, getting back to the game after a year or so and having a blast. Just getting my first meatbags at level 3 (the one they refuse to go at novice dungeons or something). Any tips for noobs? What are some simple and effective party combinations ?

Also, could someone give a simple one phase rundown for the 4 areas?

Thanks, bros.

Andhaira

Arcane
So, getting back to the game after a year or so and having a blast. Just getting my first meatbags at level 3 (the one they refuse to go at novice dungeons or something). Any tips for noobs? What are some simple and effective party combinations ?

Also, could someone give a simple one phase rundown for the 4 areas?

Thanks, bros.

Keep a nOOb-ish party for money runs in the dark, preferably a party of mostly damage like Hellions + Bounty Hunters. They should be disposable and only serve to keep your coffers filled for your A Teams

Silva

Arcane
Reading some more reviews on the net, it seems to me this is one of those games where you play ad infinitum/has no ending per se, and you play until you get bored or something. Then you come back a year later and have fun again and the process repeats.

Makes sense?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reading some more reviews on the net, it seems to me this is one of those games where you play ad infinitum/has no ending per se, and you play until you get bored or something. Then you come back a year later and have fun again and the process repeats.
Sounds about right. I believe there is an ending, but for me what you describe is very accurate.

Silva

Arcane
How is radiant more? Anyone tried it? Does it really makes the campaign a 40h ish lenght without making it easier ?

*edit: Nevermind, Lujo put a helpful description a couple pages back. Sounds good and I will try it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Like everything else Rekt Hook does, it actually has the opposite effect of making the game more grindy instead of less.

Remember, experience is still a negative stat.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I got burned out playing the original campaign of Darkest Dungeon, it was just too grindy. I just can't get excited about this expansion, maybe it's good but it feels.. meh.

I really would have liked to feel more excited about it.

Celerity

There's a great, great red wall being built and protecting our borders well from the filthy hipster scum.

Oh and apparently they somehow made the game itself even more grindy and tedious and imbalanced which is absolutely hilarious given how clearly desperate they are for new shill sales even if it means pissing off all heir existing users.

I'm pretty happy about that, I'm sure at least one of them is smart and autistic enough that they'll turn on Rekt Hook in a hilarious way.

orcinator

Liturgist
I tried the dlc for some reason.

They still haven't changed how hunger works.

Shoulda stuck to my original plan of watching someone play through the vampire levels on youtube.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I got it too. I like to mess with game files.
It's not like there is any other games right now anyway. Dead season.

Andhaira

Arcane
There's a great, great red wall being built and protecting our borders well from the filthy hipster scum.

Oh and apparently they somehow made the game itself even more grindy and tedious and imbalanced which is absolutely hilarious given how clearly desperate they are for new shill sales even if it means pissing off all heir existing users.

I'm pretty happy about that, I'm sure at least one of them is smart and autistic enough that they'll turn on Rekt Hook in a hilarious way.

What is the new class? And any new gameplay changes from base game?

And they added in Vampires as enemies? Sweet.

Celerity

Dunno. Seems exactly the same.

Good:

Great red wall causing epic salt in reviews.

Bad:

Somehow even more grind and RNG and debuffs and control stealing.

Ugly:

There's now vampires AND werewolves. It is officially Twilight. Can we drone strike it now?

Celerity

I'm finding the review salt hilarious. Only Rekt Hook could make a DLC in which you actively never want any of the new content appearing and it requires heavy grind of the same old shit. Oh and nerfing all the base game items even if you don't buy it, kind of like what CCGs and tabletop game rulebooks do.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The DLC has 84% on Steam, compared to 61% for the base game, doesn't seem too devastating.

Celerity

How I feel reading the delicious shill salt as Rekt Hook finally gets mass exposed as the epic scam that it is and vote nuked:

:kfc: :kfc: :kfc:

The DLC reviews are hilarious. There was a bunch of positives out within 10 minutes. As in they could barely download it and write the review in that time much less see what's in the fucking thing. It started very rapidly dropping after that as people actually played it and realized all the unique added features are utter shill shit because those are the only ones defending it. It's so bad even they're turning on each other for SJW tone policing bullshit. It's amazing.

I probably should see a doctor though because my erection has lasted longer than 4 hours.

Celerity

Reddit shadowbans anything critical of them, I had a thread that pointed out the corruption without any personal attacks and it was shadowbanned 5 minutes later at one in the fucking morning.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Great art and terrible and annoying gameplay.
Crimson curse is shit. If you don't have blood, infected heroes will die, even if you have blood - they are permanently afflicted(erratic behavior, skipping turns(such bloodlust:retarded:), stress for your party, refusing healing and food, attacking teammates). Once brought 4 vampires just to fight warhammer warpriest. Never again. Too much fuss. Also this shit will infect normal heroes if you put them in the same facility with vampires. Even less reason to use infected in missions. Just firing them if they get vampirism is much easier.

Access to new location is beyond stupid. First mission is available on week 3-4 and after you finish it courtyard is locked again. You must now grind 10+ missions in other areas before infestation level reach "high" and random monster carrying invitation starts appearing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom