Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Aquanox Deep Descent

Gambler

Augur
For some reason I have fond memories of the first Aquanox. Well, aside from absolutely godawful voice acting.

The setting was unique. Combat took place in three dimensions, but without the absurdities of a typical space sim.

If devs concentrate on mission design and have meaningful NPC interactions within stations, it could be a pretty interesting game.

praetor

Arcane
None of those guys had anything to do with Massive Development. They call themselves "The Aquanox Team" in order to fool people into thinking they were the developers of the originals. Those are simply guys hired by Nordic to create a sequel to an IP acquired from the JoWood bankruptcy mass (similar to how Hobgob's Grimlore Games was hired for Spellforce 3 - but at least they don't call themselves "The Spellforce Team").
It's also the reason this is Aquanox and not Archimedean Dynasty: Aquanox was published by Fishtank / JoWood, whereas Archimedean Dynasty was published by Blue Byte, thus the rights most likely belong to Ubi Soft today.

yeah, reminds of that Descent kickstarter, except iirc on that team nobody ever worked on anything even similar, let alone at Parallax, Volition or even Outrage

would not back even with somebody else's money

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Aquanox Team
Die Main Story ist uns sehr wichtig, und wir legen sehr hochen Akzent daran, es gut wie möglich für Euch zu presentieren. Auf der anderer Seite ist uns ebenso wichtig, das dieser Spiel für Euch UND für Euere Freunde in einer eventueller Co-op Mode mit einen hochen Fan Factor geniesbahr ist.

FFS... Analphabets answering questions. And no - this is not a Google translation. Google doesn't make such spelling errors. Really... this is not good. With people barely able to speak and write, what should I expect from the game? No thanks. I'll pass on it.

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
FFS... Analphabets answering questions. And no - this is not a Google translation. Google doesn't make such spelling errors. Really... this is not good. With people barely able to speak and write, what should I expect from the game? No thanks. I'll pass on it.
:hahano:
Wow, that sounds like German equivalent of some Russian or Ukrainian team's attempt at English on their Steam Greenlight page.

Severian Silk

Game looks pretty tight. If the exploration and non-combat stuff is good, the game might turn out better than ED.

Powerups and weapons lying around like in an old FPS is kind of weird. I hope the game does a little bit of open world stuff too.

Silly Germans

I did like Aquanox 1, the atmosphere was quite unique. The soundtrack, the german voice over and the art design were all great, even the writing was far above average. Overall a good, tight single player game without any bloated shit. Is anything known about the single player in the upcoming game ?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
mostly negative reviews on steam, german publisher reviews say the game is slow and the AI is shit...
and apparently you have to pay $10 for the true ending..

DLC:
Exclusive behind-the-scenes look into Aquanox Deep Descent. See how it was made, starting with initial concepts, through different production phases until the finish line. On top of that, enjoy piloting Manticora ship and watch an extended ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom