Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's what Iron Tower did with Dungeon Rats

http://steamspy.com/app/230070

Price: $29.99
Owners: 69,372 ± 7,667

http://steamspy.com/app/531930

Price: $8.99
Owners: 13,520 ± 3,385

FUCK, really? :(

I was really invested in Dungeon Rats, since I put so much of my TIME (which I value more than my money) into helping it out with beta testing, YT videos, a guide etc. I REALLY wanted to see it selling at least as many copies as AoD. These numbers are...not what I expected. To say the least. :negative:

Well, at least the CSG project is still going strong so... :dealwithit:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
i found this underwhelming. very few skills to play with, railroaded builds, not enough variety in equipment, all the game is replacing losses hoping for the best, using always the same tactics.

How many hours did you play to both understand fully how all the build combinations work an find it underewelming?
finished it.
build combinations? there aren't really many, some perks are mandatory, others are absolute garbage, you either tank or gank, but considered how easy it's to lose a man in the end it's gank or gank. or do you mean "build a line of men and kill enemies with swords to their faces, maces to their faces or axes to their faces. totally different strategies"?

I find 'underwhelming' mutually exclusive to playing a game for long at all, let alone long enough to finish it.

yeah, because you never wasted your time with something you didn't really like because you had nothing else to do.
of course you get out of the cinema after 5 minutes if you don't like the beginning of a movie. you throw away a whole book after 2 pages. you break a cd in half after the first bad song.

That's a little extreme eh? There is a big difference between your examples and 50+ hours. Anyways I expressed a preference, no need to get defensive.

hellbent

Augur
s2TTt8j.png

alright fess up which one of you did this

So, they got over a thousand hours out of the game, and give a negative review due to the game being finalized with the 1.1 patch?:retarded:

Either they're a modder who is disappointed that they can't mess with the game now, or it's one of those dipshits looking for a free translation patch to czech or zulu or some shit.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
... or one of our village idiots.

All kidding aside, there is something really not right with people like that. It's a bit sad.

At full price for the game, that is $.03/hr.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Sarissofoi

confess now and your execution will be quick and painless.
>It wasn't me play in background.
"It wasn't me(this time) officer".
I never written a Steam review.
Guess what time it is?
Its time to write one and - of course - to righteously blame Germany(FOR EVERYTHING)!

Honestly I understood why all these people are angry and disappointed. If I had not lost any hope for more content, better mechanics or modding tools long ago I would probably be angry too. But it current state in affairs it not bother me. As it was expected.
At last I have Starsector and Mount and Blade. Which modding scene keep alive and breed solid fanbase.
Still, whole situation puzzle me.
Overhype dudes look like smart ones(at first) so why they not made game with modding intentions included from the start?(Even for their own testing use?)
I just do not get it.
Modding is just bonus content(for free) and even mediocre games can get great popularity boost because of mods. Not even mentioning that its another roll for free advertising(which this game have very little).
Its just me that find it strange?

I do really hope that all this negative backlash will made them to release tools that they used to compile game files but, well, its rather low chance of happening.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Come on now. It was their first game, and they started making it while still working other jobs. They put their company together while making the game as well, having to hassle with German taxes and bureaucracy during development. I can promise you they really wanted you guys to be able to mod it, but first and foremost they just wanted to make a game, and getting it out there. If it sold better then a DLC would be viable, but as Vault Dweller demonstrated it is just not feasible. And the biggest one is just letting it go and start something fresh. (Talked to Jay about all this).

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
After reading a bit on the Steam BB discussion board, Steam clearly was a mistake.
Let me guess without looking.

Lots of anger and bargaining going on.

The five most trendy topics names:
"Disappointment"
"I want my money back"
"No mod support!? WHAT?!"
"No DLC? It's clear you're Dev Noobs w/o Business Accumen"
"I am glad that I didn't bought supporter edition." - That one is my favorite.

Also obligatory but little lonely:
"Thank you Overhype Studios"
And sad one]
"What could have been" - which are the saddest words in the world.

So typical lynching mob with pitchforks and torches and typical Nazi fanboys apologist.

Last edited:

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
s2TTt8j.png

alright fess up which one of you did this

So, they got over a thousand hours out of the game, and give a negative review due to the game being finalized with the 1.1 patch?:retarded:

Either they're a modder who is disappointed that they can't mess with the game now, or it's one of those dipshits looking for a free translation patch to czech or zulu or some shit.

That's the reward for honesty, guys. Remember that.

Shit out an overpriced DLC 2 that adds nothing to the game a couple of months later, then let the game peter out without communicating with your fans is the way to go.

Say you consider the game feature-complete after release, but you'll still fix bugs etc. gets you the outrage of delusional retards who make up broken promises.

Just be EA, Overhype, good luck.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
After reading a bit on the Steam BB discussion board, Steam clearly was a mistake.

Whenever I start to trust humanity again, I either go to the Steam forums or read Youtube comments to get a quick reality check and keep my misanthropic ways.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Why would they keep supporting this after selling almost 100k with something this barebones. Might as well jump to the next project.
Those aren't bad numbers sales wise for niche game about turn based shieldwall skirmishes.

The five most trendy topics names:
"Disappointment"
"I want my money back"
"No mod support!? WHAT?!"
"No DLC? It's clear you're Dev Noobs w/o Business Accumen"
"I am glad that I didn't bought supporter edition." - That one is my favorite.
Interestingly those threads generally consists of whiny OP and people who gently point out his sexual orientation.

Modron

Arcane
Why would they keep supporting this after selling almost 100k with something this barebones. Might as well jump to the next project.
Those aren't bad numbers sales wise for niche game about turn based shieldwall skirmishes.
Yeah but the achievements for defeating the end game crisis are like 6, 5 and 5 percent respectively, even if there was no overlap this is basically the potential audience for dlc minus new sales. They made the right decision and these tards should be happy they are making another game and hopefully with this experience they can plop it out faster. I day one morgothed the early access and I am not disappointed, would I have liked more? Sure and the developers did want to add more as they planned to have a more fleshed out campaign, town/dungeon maps, and supporting crew for your band but the reality was they only sold like 30k more copies out of early access.

I bet all these people screaming bloody murder purchased the early access within a month of release and are pissed off the game didn't magically triple in size.

hellbent

Augur
I bet all these people screaming bloody murder purchased the early access within a month of release and are pissed off the game didn't magically triple in size.

If these whiners are complaining about what they got for the final product after opting in to EA for Battle Bros, they would have strapped bombs to their chests and chased down Molyneaux if they had contributed to Godus. And if they supported Grimoire....
:badnews:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Haven't played the release build yet but I guess now is the time since there won't be any more updates.

Shame about mod support though -- as others have said Battle Bros would be perfect for it. I think of it as turn-based Mount & Blade and look at what mods did for that franchise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom