Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum High Resolution Patch Testing

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The new version is mostly ready, anybody want to help with the testing? PM me and I'll send you the build. I'm mostly interested in:

- The new main menu UI behavior.
- General performance of the new pre-load limit setting.
- How well does it run with various DDraw wrappers and without.
- Other quirks that I might not notice on my system.

I'm mainly looking for people with 1080p displays and up.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
RoBoBOBR, tred, you guys are the cool ones.

Still need somebody on Win 10 though, it seems like that one is somewhat problematic and a wrapper is absolutely necessary.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can test it too on my m14x GeForce 555GT.
Honestly, Drog deserves frontpage news for his upcoming work. Come on it's Arcanum, holy Trinity man.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Fixed a bug that was reported by one of the testers. This is productive.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I could test it at 1080p on Win 7 but it seems you have guys for that already. Other than that I can test it on Lubuntu at 1080p and on Win 10 but on a 15.6 inch display only (I won't install Win 10 shit on my desktop).

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Some screenshots:

1) Win 7 at 1080p
http://imgur.com/a/7wqnG

2) Win 10 at 1366x768
http://imgur.com/a/jg2lV

Will try install it on Lubuntu tomorrow.
Nice. 1080p looks good, but aside from testing reasons I guess one shouldn't really go any higher. It's starting to look like Jagged Alliance. Still beautiful tho'.

As for the first screenshot where you can see a dude with a chest. That's the starting barter shopkeeper. That map fix I've told you about in PM hides him. OR you can also set menu position to center and that will hide him too. However, the build I gave you only has the borders for the top position menu screens, so you might want to turn them off.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
http://imgur.com/a/TsuAz
I don't see the difference between black and fading to black though. And wooden background works for main menu and credits but in other options it's black.

On a different note, compare standard text size (at 1080p):

uHCqslO.jpg
with larger:

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
http://imgur.com/a/TsuAz
I don't see the difference between black and fading to black though. And wooden background works for main menu and credits but in other options it's black.
Fade to black is this:
OvYrGdI.png

As for the fonts, I've already compiled a new one:
qmvTdVd.jpg

And the options screen now also switches to a wooden background, if you have it enabled for the main menu:
I61kOo4.png

i4WUIsM.png

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
And yeah, I know that the ending/death slides are still imperfect, i.e. they have no background and you can still see the game world during the slide show. I'll probably just call the main menu black cover function when slides are starting.

Anyway, there will be more improvements before the release.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
http://imgur.com/a/RNLy4
I've played a bit on Lubuntu and it works very well (in fact I have higher fps than on other systems). The only issue is while my character is running - it's as if I would produce a substance with different refractive index than air around me. It's hard to describe, I would have to make a recording of it and I'm too much of a linux noob to know how to do that. Speaking of noobs, I didn't know how to run a .bat file on linux at first and this solution worked:

1. Install Wine & configure it to relevant Windows version for game

2. Open Gedit (notepad of Ubuntu)>Edit>Preferences>Plugins>select 'External tools execute external commands shell scripts'>Close

3. Go to your .bat file>right click>Properties>Permissions>select 'allow executing file as program'>Close

4. Double-click the .bat file, it will open in gedit>Tools>External Tools>Run command>in the popped up box type 'wineconsole cmd' (without inverted commas)>OK. 5. A Wine console terminal will pop up, in it type 'start yourfilename.bat' and hit enter. That'll run it.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Oh guys and by the way since you're posting screenshots and all, you can use Virgil's Debug Menu to easily teleport anywhere. Equip the GB ring (that you start the game with), talk to Virgil, choose the very first dialog option to mark all world map locations, then talk to him again and somewhere down the list there will be an option to use teleportation.

Just sayin', the crash site is getting boring lol.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
http://imgur.com/a/RNLy4
I've played a bit on Lubuntu and it works very well (in fact I have higher fps than on other systems). The only issue is while my character is running - it's as if I would produce a substance with different refractive index than air around me.
Try setting Renderer to 0 (software) in the INI file. Make sure to re-apply the patch after any changes to INI.

Speaking of noobs, I didn't know how to run a .bat file on linux
BAT files are just scripts, you can open one in a text editor and just copy paste the contents to the command line equivalent in Linux/Wine.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I think it worked, thanks (although fps is now crazy high, around 400).

A couple more lubuntu screenshots , this time with Virgil cheat (don't see the point of posting more when there are other testers and as far as I can tell it works on Linux just as good as on Windows):

http://imgur.com/a/9D4GZ

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom