Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - the final chapter from Eidos Montreal

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://tombraider.square-enix-games.com

Back in October:

Name Of Next Tomb Raider Leaks Because Guy Had It Open On Subway
Some advice for professional game developers and marketers: Don’t open up confidential information in public. Especially don’t do it a on a crowded subway.

Take the case of Redditor Tripleh280, who wrote today that he was riding a Montreal subway and saw this:

txuhqftgnwpowrpn681l.jpg

Zoom in a bit and you can just make out the name Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which is also a name we’ve heard floated for the next game in Lara Croft’s iconic series. A source told me today that this is indeed the name. It certainly fits with the last two games, Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. (Everything is subject to change until it’s announced, of course, but this document is, as far as we can tell, legit.)

Square Enix has not yet responded to a request for comment.

“The page he was on talked about visuals,” Tripleh280 told me. “I’m from Montreal, QC. I was going downtown for work and I took a quick snap. I really would love to say more but other than the title, the rest was blurry from where I was.”

“But wait,” you might be thinking. “Isn’t Tomb Raider developed by Crystal Dynamics, a studio in San Francisco?” You would be right—except we hear Eidos Montreal, the large studio behind Thief and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, is helming Lara Croft’s next adventure.

Coincidentally, Eidos Montreal is just a few minutes away from Ubisoft Montreal, whose employees accidentally revealed Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag on an airplane three years ago. Stay tuned for next time, when Dragon Age 4 gets leaked on a cruise ship.

And now: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1393663

[Rumor] Possible "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" Logos and Gameplay/Locations Leaked

060817_Takeoff-Website_Tomb_Raider_Beauty-Shot.jpg

http://takeoffla.com/#work/43

-Pyramids
-Braid
-Spear
-Machete
-Sword...

BTW. This company is a marketing studio, and they create promotional materials for games. They worked with SE before.

We are based out of Los Angeles, California with design studios in Montreal, London and Lyon. As a supplier, we cater exclusively to the game marketing industry.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
A fitting title seeing as how these new Tomb Raider games are but a shadow of their predecessors.
I dont even know why those games are called Tomb Raider and not "Uncharted,s retarded cousin for people who dont own a playstation".

Would be a much more fitting name.

DemonKing

Arcane
Whatever they are I like them, so looking forward to part 3 (of course I don't have a PS so have never played Uncharted).

A horse of course

I wonder if the Shadow/Eclipse (if true) suggests there's going to be a whole mystical/prophecy element to it, like with Angel of Darkness and the whole Da Vinci Code stuff.

lightbane

Arcane
More totally-not snuff-like scenes and schizophrenic writing ("Buaahh! I killed someone!! Now, let's go kill ten hundred more, bitches!!!") incoming.

DemonKing

Arcane
Ha - more Lara death scenes would be great. Some of those were inspired.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I didn't have a problem with her boobs. She looked good in Rise. Not gorgeous or dead sexy, but fine. But the new games have a serious case of identity crisis and are putting the series to waste. It's sad to see this happen to both Tomb Raider and God of War. And the worst thing is that everyone approves, insuring games are gonna keep getting dumbed down and going for boring realism and film envy.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
And the worst thing is that everyone approves..

Not everyone, but we're certainly a minority. Fuck modern gaming, a shadow of its former self. Yet indeed all these shit games are put on a pedestal and praised endlessly, ensuring the real art in game design is forever lost.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Will they make her tits even smaller? Will square penis manage to kill another franchise?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom