Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
EAD891A62B5429B85AB8459B31770EFF951764BC

08CB584A949DD4F0E9F3532D738A85BB694AB375

03CDFEF8963F96D50C735CE35C3C5DF1F5A78A98

A horse of course

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning - Return of Reckoning (Private Server Alpha)

I haven't posted much stuff here for the past few months. This was partially down to being so busy in Poland, but the main reason was that I was levelling my way through Warhammer Online. I posted screens from RoR a couple of years ago, but at that time it was only really functional up to level 20. At this point you can level all the up to 40 and hit Renown (PvP) Rank 45 or 50 iirc, most of the basic quests work, and a good chunk of Public Quests are also functional (but devoid of the scripting/voice acting etc. from the original game). For those curious, neither endgame City Sieges nor Land of the Dead (aside from some scenarios and side-content) have been implemented.

I originally levelled a Witch Hunter to try and see as much content as possible, but it's just obscenely difficult to get anyone to group for PvE content - aside from farming the same couple of lvl 30-40 Public Quests for early Tier 4 gear. With that in mind I ended up making a Black Orc (Tank class) to make it easier to see more content. Even then, I not only had to level him to max alongside my Order character, but also grind PvP to get the best possible endgame gear (which would allow me to solo more content). I did pretty much everything possible to view the maximum amount of PvE and lore or story-related content, but most of the interesting stuff (e.g. fighting named characters from the Warhammer lore such as King Ungrim Ironfist, Kurt Helborg, Hellebron etc.) is essentially off-limits without a large party (good luck finding one in a game most of the community stayed with due to PvP).

Anyway, not something you should really bother with unless you love PvP. I just wanted to get back in the mood before Total War: Warhammer II.

u6j2VXP.jpg

PKVHlP1.jpg

UQNRsqf.jpg
wgr3hXc.jpg
GIRqyOU.jpg

dhJstls.jpg
jZxnhjn.jpg
rbUV3XB.jpg

xuHroHl.jpg
I4XhBOF.jpg
jCNzlEN.jpg
sRCbqcF.jpg

JdEp7dW.jpg

wPdaR6c.jpg

vUt4Qk2.jpg
5rO4x4f.jpg
d579yc8.jpg
UiMI3oa.jpg

hvzsPUx.jpg
XR6hHot.jpg
thw8LXj.jpg
KQMqNpB.jpg

lrrVGYR.jpg

4GpAlLM.jpg

8isM5Ni.jpg
0GilL7D.jpg
DsnduPW.jpg
uplxKgL.jpg
Azn5zmb.jpg
XLXW3AI.jpg

NwyaiFX.jpg

SDFXVWj.jpg
GZIyksg.jpg

7yTjcBP.jpg

XlvmiLj.jpg
TWSt7Cq.jpg
ydYTj9L.jpg
EYAO0vo.jpg
KVBrBF5.jpg
6loJ1vd.jpg
kg0CS7X.jpg
1x1KWlw.jpg
w73FeqI.jpg
HcA3tWf.jpg
dki7ffL.jpg
E65eyE9.jpg
Hg3IeIH.jpg
kgzAWzQ.jpg
ZD4kKvi.jpg
VMXB3Dc.jpg
kY5f5Hm.jpg
3Dp5qTR.jpg
g3aFpAf.jpg

V8lAhN2.jpg
deJFu9P.jpg
8vFjGHJ.jpg
NNCJpIO.jpg
KhhJE95.jpg

QVaAqSX.jpg
dZYYEIe.jpg
tAaFRRB.jpg
tXFMmMr.jpg
EgbmUd8.jpg
tZ9gHGi.jpg

WeDI67Z.jpg
shaeeRm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I recommend skipping Goblins 1 and heading straight into Goblins 2. Gob1 isn't really a good game and might discourage you from delving into 2/3, which are both 100% brilliant and some of my most favouritest adventure games ever.

spekkio

Arcane
I recommend skipping Goblins 1 and heading straight into Goblins 2. Gob1 isn't really a good game and might discourage you from delving into 2/3, which are both 100% brilliant and some of my most favouritest adventure games ever.
Too late, I've completed G1 on Amiga years ago... :lol:

A horse of course

Assassin's Creed: Rogue (mild spoilers)

4ETJO2i.jpg
DkdlQpa.jpg
b6cTWq4.jpg
0pCBzZq.jpg
uRT4TJ8.jpg
Bg7fBQq.jpg
3uKIbvY.jpg
yzCjy8e.jpg
Pn3WZgj.jpg
IlE6apZ.jpg
G8rNhYc.jpg
1tPgfyW.jpg
BfCG1U2.jpg
TcQDwjC.jpg
NsHGcmy.jpg
Z4jzDCW.jpg
OagbT6o.jpg
8PHi8vb.jpg
tGkSddt.jpg
gTrWeV1.jpg
ixfYi9e.jpg
wlLOXa9.jpg
JxjRXC9.jpg
BRfUv8v.jpg
4mnsZd3.jpg
VcbHTJP.jpg
A5UXIcb.jpg
O5zLBXT.jpg
au0RmdM.jpg
dNq4B5B.jpg
jOvGh35.jpg
1evUYjm.jpg
qgcxD5m.jpg
1n5xu7f.jpg
6VPfAjd.jpg
yUAI5gz.jpg
fdx2gf9.jpg
JMTe7xG.jpg
sPzt9cx.jpg
oq0J6nk.jpg
vg90BYF.jpg
Last AC I played was III, skipped Black Flag because I never saw it at a good sale price with DLCs and may as well just wait for a Fitgirl repack now :troll: Within 10m of booting this up I felt like I'd done absolutely everything 100 times before. Problem with AC games is that I burnt myself out getting 100% on Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood waaaaaaay back in the day, and since then I've never felt the urge to do much more than rush through the story missions and get to the next game. Definitely a series that could've done with longer dev cycles and more unique iterations. I heard Rogue was the B-list cashgrab of the series since it was only released on PC and the old consoles whilst the PS4 and Xbox One were waiting on Unity, but it didn't really seem any better or worse than "major" releases.

I guess it's a shame because there's a lot of side-content I missed in Rogue, such as Legendary Battles, Viking/Native American tombs and cool outfits...but I've still got like three full games to finish before I'm caught up with the series, so meh. Otherwise, mechanically I understand that it's essentially the same game as Black Flag, though I don't know if they had the enemy stalker/assassins, which were an interesting touch on the usual stealth gameplay (though, oddly, they were almost exclusively limited to street level, which seems to fly in the face of what you'd expect and just makes rooftop approaches even more vital than usual). My main complaint is that Shay's upgrades (health, pouches etc.) required animal pelts (as in AC III) despite running into only two animal types in the entire playthrough, whereas ship and weapon upgrades are generally encountered as part of regular questing and exploration. Oh, and the sound was fucked when I wore headphones - incredibly muted and dull.

Playing as a Templar and viewing the Assassins as terrorists or brutally violent revolutionaries is a pretty obvious spin that they should've tried years before this, but it's a nice experience all the same. I liked most of the cast, despite - as with most AC titles - it being massively bloated with shout-outs to characters from other titles and historical figures, meaning that new or important members of the core repertoire were paper-thin. Shay himself was an adequately engaging protagonist. The modern-day segments are unfortunately as moronic as ever. You don't really have to do much beyond walk around a bit and unlock stuff if you care enough, but the writing and dialogue in these sections is so appalling that I just wanted them over with.

So, there's not much to say. It's another Assassin's Creed title and I'm pretty sure everyone on earth knows what they're getting with these.

pippin

both screenshots make her look like 20 years older than how she looked with vanilla textures

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom