Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Game's hard to read. Not enough contrast between the background and characters. Movement looks floaty.

hackncrazy

Savant
God, look at this movement.

Is not possible that our God and Savior Iga is looking at this and thinking that it's ok.

I hope that the year they have left is used to make better and faster animations .

---

Arcane
I remember I was so hyped when Iga announced it :cry:
Oh well, at least we already know it's going to be shit, and we don't have to waste our hopes :dealwithit:

---

Arcane
Men, the animations are awful.
I can't understand how they were able to make Alucard so fluent and so elegant in 1997, and then show... this, in 2017.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I can't understand how they were able to make Alucard so fluent and so elegant in 1997, and then show... this, in 2017.

Because 2D sprites > 3D

Ivan

Arcane
giphy.gif

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Probably because this is physics based and SotN was not.

Mozg

Arcane
Umbrellas and blood boss looked somewhat interesting.

The fact that indies like Dead Cells are knocking out ultra-crisp Castlevania-esqe gameplay means it might be kinda interesting to see a more "experimental" thing where he's trying to implement a lot of quasi-physics instead.

Ash

Arcane
Why are people calling this decline just cause the animations are slow and sluggish? Granted, such things are pretty important, but didn't you bitches play Circle of the Moon or any of the pre-IGA Castlevanias? Shit was sluggish as hell.

This could still be good, we just simply don't know enough.
If there's one dev personality you should have faith in these days it's probably IGA.

Momock

Augur
The gameplay don't worries me, it looks precise and reactive (well, we have to play it to be sure). But this is really ugly, in particular the realistic style of the backgrounds and the destruction physics.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What, you want to see some retard dying constantly or playing with cheats on? Nobody demos difficult shit.

Varvarg

Educated

Looks pretty awful.

castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-2.jpg

the good old pixel art is hard to beat. I can understand the reason to go with 3D models, since it is more cost effective. But it will never look as juicy.

Actually looking forward to couch co-op though, as I understand it will be part of the game

Severian Silk

Colors are not deep enough. Everything is slightly (light) gray or blue.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Dunno why they didn't just go with a retro pixel aesthetic, that's the kind of visuals most of their backers would have been happy with. It would look better and be cheaper. 3D graphics for a sidescroller is the kind of compromise you expect from a game with a traditional publisher, not a crowd funded project.

I didn't like the original pitch for the game and that's why I didn't back it, it didn't look or feel like Castlevania and neither does this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom