Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
- A first-person, open world Skyrim-like exploration game :decline:
These are not inherently bad, it's just Bethesda cannot make a good game in the genre.

Hyperion

Arcane
I would be very surprised if Josh wears an Invicta. I'd expect him to wear either something vintage, or something extremely German. That's not vintage as it has a nearly flat crystal -- probably sapphire, and I think it's anti-reflection coated. It's a diving chronometer. The Joshiest modern watch I can think of is a Sinn, they're stupidly over-engineered and incredibly German (and I would very much like one). This one but with a custom silicone strap?

He strikes me as such a plain, practical guy that he could NEVER justify spending $500+ on a watch, unless it's a vintage Jacques Lemans, or Patek Phillippe. The latter probably costs the same as a small house in the Midwest were it in perfect condition.

Honestly, I think even Invicta may have been too much credit for him, it looks most like this cheap Fossil. The hands look a little too thin on the Sinn.
https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/decker-chronograph-black-silicone-watch-sku-ch2573p.html

Sizzle

Arcane
- A first-person, open world Skyrim-like exploration game :decline:
These are not inherently bad, it's just Bethesda cannot make a good game in the genre.

Several things:

- If I'm remembering correctly, Feargus talked about potentially doing something like this - but episodically. Which I just don't think could turn out satisfactory.

- The combat. These games never have interesting or fun combat. To get okayish combat in Skyrim or The Witcher 3, you have to either install mods like Requiem, or turn the difficulty waaaaaay up and intentionally gimp yourself to make it challenging.

- Budget concerns. Very much doubt they could make something like this without bringing on a (big) publisher.

In short: practically everything they can do in such a game can be done much, much better in a regular TB/isometric one. F:NV is a great game, but if it was done in the FO2 engine - it would have been far superior.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
is there any footage of cloud shadows?

46478513_cloud_neotsoai766.jpg

Here you go.

Also note that Randal will receive a special version of the game with a mega zoom out option to also enjoy those cloud shadows.

Prime Junta

He strikes me as such a plain, practical guy that he could NEVER justify spending $500+ on a watch, unless it's a vintage Jacques Lemans, or Patek Phillippe. The latter probably costs the same as a small house in the Midwest were it in perfect condition.

He must spend a quite a bit of money on vintage French bikes and at least one vintage Italian car. He's most definitely not a Patek type of guy. He's a hipster. He'll avoid pure, easily recognisable status symbols, so no Pateks, Rolexes, or Omegas for him. It's really hard to pull off wearing an Invicta or Fossil ironically, and he wouldn't wear one un-ironically. I would have expected him to rock a 1970s Japanese watch, a nice Seiko diver's for example.

Fuck it, I'll ask him.

Edit: why are people rating this Funny? Watches are serious business, men.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sentinel

Arcane
What is called this floating dimension ? It looks so awesome.

Josh is tuning again.

A first person PoE game akin to TES would be pretty cool. I loved FNV, and TES is wasted potential all over the place - I think Obsidian could easily fill that void in open world RPGs.

Ivan

Arcane
Future Pillars Titles:
Josh: turn based tactical game, a first person adventure game (Vampire! New Vegas! Gothic/STALKER like?)
Interviewer: SOMETHING LIKE SKYRIM?
Me:
giphy.gif

Sentinel

Arcane
Future Pillars Titles:
Josh: turn based tactical game, a first person adventure game (Vampire! New Vegas! Gothic/STALKER like?)
Me:
giphy.gif
Why would he compare a first person medieval fantasy RPG (PoE spin-off) to New Vegas, Gothic, STALKER or FNV?
Are you retarded?

Quillon

Arcane
Future Pillars Titles:
Me:
giphy.gif

Well you're the one who have complex. Something like Fallout 3 was New Vegas for Obs so something like Skyrim will be The Living Lands for Obs(peered into the future). Tho Obs will prolly use TLL setting for PoE 3 before any other type of game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is what watches are in 2017...

G-SHOCK-MR-T.jpg

if you believe that, you must be one of those imbeciles that smear their smartphone with shit trying to wipe their ass after they took a dump because they can't put it down but on the bright side they're always informed what time it is! :)

Fry

Arcane
if you believe that, you must be one of those imbeciles that smear their smartphone with shit trying to wipe their ass after they took a dump because they can't put it down but on the bright side they're always informed what time it is! :)

Smart phone? I haven't worn a watch since the first "dumb" mobiles appeared in the 90s.

Silly junk is silly.

Sentinel

Arcane
looks like (weak) shit

actually looks like a standard attack animation with added pewpew on the enemy model. sad!

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It looks JRPGish, are they overcompensating for something? The SFX isn't even coming from the weapon. Those shards that fall off are enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom