Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Gameplay Footage on IGN E3 2017 Broadcast + Josh Sawyer Interview at PCGamesN

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

I was worried that E3 2017 was going to end without a single live showing by a Real RPG™, but Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has come through at the last minute with a surprise appearance on IGN's daily E3 broadcast. Josh Sawyer and Adam Brennecke don't waste any time and hop right into the game, giving us ten minutes of continuous gameplay footage. It's a hectic romp through the Deadfire Archipelago that starts on a ship on the high seas, continues to a native town and from there to a dungeon crawl through an ancient temple, ending on a cliffhanger in some sort of alternate dimension. The whole thing's got a BG2-esque high level campaign feel to it. Check it out:

Other than the gameplay footage, there's nothing much new in this stream if you've been following the news about Deadfire. More interesting is this interview with Josh Sawyer at PCGamesN, which goes into detail about some of the game's new mechanics. The interviewer also asks Josh about the future of the Pillars of Eternity IP and about the commercial viability of the oldschool RPG genre given some of its recent disappointments.

A number of other websites (GameSpot, PCWorld, Bleeding Cool) have also published articles about Deadfire, but they're not as in-depth. They appear to have been given a shorter version of the footage that appeared on IGN.

Ruzen

Savant

1:35 I know It's nowhere near the final version but that red vision for sneaking needs to be much more challenging. The guy basically sneak in front of him

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I was worried that E3 2017 was going to end without a single live showing by a Real RPG™, but Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has come through at the last minute

The shill-meter is getting off the charts here... Real RPG™ ? You are a fucking shill, a jew, and a Sawyerist dick-riding fanboy :shittydog::mixedemotions:

I hope you will enjoy your free copy, you cuck :lol:

Oasis

Novice
The loading times seem to be vastly improved.

In one of the live streams Josh mentioned there are a lot more skills this time around as well. So between better loading times, more skills, and multiclassing, I'm pretty excited. The new inventory UI looks pretty slick too.

Ulfhednar

Savant
So they slowed the pace of combat, and added fairly extensive traveling animations to the map... surely I can't be the only one who consoled in 6 paws of the cheetah and set the animation fps to 60 in the IE games?... At least the loading times are faster.

Geckabor

Savant
I must say I am quite impressed with what I saw: Manual exploration, sneaking and apparently stealing in the game and most importantly the changes to combat make it look much more enjoyable to play.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fireball in the video looked cool. Also casting time was so long enemies died before the wizard could cast it :D

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I find it interesting how their mages
a) always cast into their own group damaging party members
b) always cast into mobs that are dead by the end of the spell casting, because it takes so long

Mages basically useless. Sawyer keeps torturing the mage class.

I find it interesting how their mages
a) always cast into their own group damaging party members
b) always cast into mobs that are dead by the end of the spell casting, because it takes so long

Mages basically useless. Sawyer keeps torturing the mage class.

They are useful, you just need to turn off friendly fire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom