Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Upon searching vigorously in my search history and coming up with nothing you come up with some gay shit that I never said, cool. Partially right, though, Microsoft showed more content and a new console which is the most powerful on the market. You may not like it, but they had a larger and more diverse showing than any other big name this E3. That was my argument. Splurge on that if you want.

It's not that hard to go three pages back :lol:. Stop trying to weasel out of this with the usual "I never said those exact words" tactic, that shit doesn't work here.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Upon searching vigorously in my search history and coming up with nothing you come up with some gay shit that I never said, cool. Partially right, though, Microsoft showed more content and a new console which is the most powerful on the market. You may not like it, but they had a larger and more diverse showing than any other big name this E3. That was my argument. Splurge on that if you want.

It's not that hard to go three pages back :lol:. Stop trying to weasel out of this with the usual "I never said those exact words" tactic, that shit doesn't work here.

Too bad I literally never said "its ok for Microsoft to rehash and not Nintendo", but if you want to maintain that your faulty assumption is a valid argument go ahead and then just go ahead and neck yourself when you're done.

My argument is literally the exact thing I typed in the post you just quoted. You got a problem with it? Attack that argument, not some bullshit that you just made up. You should really know better than that.

Father Foreskin

Learned
For a minute i entertained the thought of buying the new 2ds xl to play samus returns. Then i watched some gameplay on youtube and the game is probably a shitgourd. Sakamoto is a fucking bad dev these days. He thinks he can ape Kojima with the cinematic walking and shitty melee QTE trash. Other m 2 incoming. Sakamoto probably knows that he is shit but believes that in the land of the blind one eyed man is the king. In reality he is the court eunuch in the land of small yellow cocks.

Tehdagah

Arcane
For a minute i entertained the thought of buying the new 2ds xl to play samus returns. Then i watched some gameplay on youtube and the game is probably a shitgourd. Sakamoto is a fucking bad dev these days. He thinks he can ape Kojima with the cinematic walking and shitty melee QTE trash. Other m 2 incoming. Sakamoto probably knows that he is shit but believes that in the land of the blind one eyed man is the king. In reality he is the court eunuch in the land of small yellow cocks.
Samus Returns doesn't have this.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The 3DS Castlevania game sucked from what I saw so it doesn't give me too much hope for Samus Returns. Thankfully I don't care for Metroid, so this sacred cow can go where it likes.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Watch the outhouse or whatever show with the dorito dust dyke. Cutscenes with cinematic walking and melee counter shit. Also Sakamoto had to remake a game with the baby so he can bestow his maternal insticts on the player again. The plot must be spinchter clenching

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Super Mario rehashes the same gameplay with a few new gimmicks tacked on each time

What a every proper sequel should do.

Super Mario games are polished with simple, fun mechanics and good level design, but if you have played a few of them, they don't offer too much.

That's like saying fallout 1 is polished with simple, fun rpg mechanics, good system design, if you played fallout 1 or 2 ....... get the point ?

Where is fallout 3, 4 ,5 ,6 that is enhancement of fallout 1 and 2? Mario odyssey is just that.
Quote me properly next time because I didn't get the notification.

Sure, if you are doing a sequel or two, you should do as you said. But Nintendo is doing this for decades with this franchise, through God knows how many games. After these, i can't get excited for Mario Games. As an exception, look at that Mario and Rabbids X-com knock off. It is silly, but it is something new to the franchise.

Higher Animal

Arcane
I think Nintendo has some innovative components to its game release strategy, although the bulk of what they do is fundamentally reactionary. Each console sees a new attempt at an exploratory form of gameplay. Look at Pikmin, Smash Bros, Nintendogs, Wii Sports, Splatoon, and now Arms. It's not like they don't try to reinvent the wheel periodically, it's just that when they create a formula that works (like Mario, Zelda) they iterate on that formula to have a profitable company and keep the brand alive.

So, Nintendo blends innovations into a larger pool of reactionary sameness. This is pretty much the best you can expect from a video game company. Disagree? Then point to a superior alternative.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahahaha https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/15/15806452/devolver-loses-100k-on-banned-e3-festival

Devolver loses $100K on banned E3 festival
Company chief accuses ESA of meddling, which it denies

Publisher Devolver Digital's history of conflict with E3 took another turn this week, with the news that the company lost $100,000 on a failed attempt to hold a festival across the road from the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Devolver co-founder Mike Wilson claims that E3 organizer Entertainment Software Association is to blame for his loss. In a statement to Polygon, an ESA spokesperson strenuously denied this allegation.

Austin-based Devolver, best known for marketing and publishing indie games, generally camps in a parking lot behind the Hooters restaurant on Figueroa Street. That lot is owned by a private company which has a long-standing relationship with Devolver. The Entertainment Software Association, which organizes E3, derives no revenue from off-site activities that piggy-back the show.

With 15,000 consumers expected at this year's E3 — a first for the conference — Devolver originally planned to double its presence, renting a lot adjacent to its usual location. This lot is usually taken by E3 and is either used for storing exhibitor semi-trucks or is rented out to exhibitors looking for an outside presence.

IMG_0561.JPG

Devolver’s E3 camp

This year, Devolver secured rental on the location. Unlike its usual location, this faces directly onto LACC, greatly increasing its visibility to crowds heading in and out of the convention center.

However, this parking lot is owned by the City of Los Angeles, not by a private individual. When City officials learned that Devolver planned to invite thousands of consumers to a festival on the site, it denied all permits, except for vehicle parking. Devolver was told that it could not even use the lot to store its gear or to house functional equipment, like generators. "They assigned us a special asshole to make sure we did not do one thing," said Wilson.

As a result, Wilson had to cancel plans, and squeeze represented developers into a smaller space. These developers include the Indie Megabooth.

Wilson alleges that the ESA, which has a long-standing relationship with the city, is behind the permit denial. "E3 does not like us being here. We've always had a long-standing love-hate relationship. But not in a fuck-with-us kinda way, until this year. They just started making trouble for us with the City, saying, 'How dare you rent this space out to these renegades, blah, blah, blah.’ Obviously, they have a lot of sway with the city. Phone calls were made and threats. We were being bullied."

IMG_0556.JPG

An advertising balloon above Devolver’s camp

Wilson said he looked into litigation but decided "to chill out" in order to avoid more trouble that "might endanger what we're doing here."

He points out that large companies like Electronic Arts and Activision hold large off-site events during E3. These companies are ESA members, which make contributions to the trade body's coffers, something Devolver does not do.

"I think this is why this is happening, because (the ESA) is struggling to maintain its relevance," he said.

When asked if the ESA had contacted the City about Devolver, a spokesperson for the ESA offered a categoric "No, we didn't."

Wilson claims that ESA's usual use of the adjacent lot is "to park 18-wheelers like fence, just to block the view of us." The ESA denies this, arguing that it uses many open lots near LACC for storage.

One senior ESA staff member, who asked not to be identified, told Polygon that the organization does not have much influence over the city, and that Wilson is seeking to generate publicity. “We’ve got better things to do than worry about Devolver,” said the source.

IMG_0559.JPG

Developers enjoy drinks at Devolver’s camp

Polygon contacted the city's media department for a comment, but we have not yet received a reply. It's entirely possible that the City is merely protecting its own interests by denying the permit or has valid safety, legal or traffic concerns. A significant amount of construction is currently underway around the convention center.

Wilson has a long history of antagonizing the ESA. For the past 15 years, his various companies, including Devolver, Gamecock and Gathering of Developers have often made use of parking lots to promote their games.

He once held a mock funeral for E3, when it was being held in Santa Monica. He cultivates a reputation for cocking a snook at the perceived game industry establishment. Earlier this week, Devolver held a streamed media event that poked fun at the pomposities of games companies.

He alleges that the ESA's exhibiting prices are too high for indies, running to hundreds of thousands of dollars for a reasonably sized presence. Small gray rooms in E3's quieter areas cost tens of thousands of dollars.

IMG_0560.JPG

Trailers are used as mini-booths at Devolver’s camp

The ESA spokesperson countered that the company gives free space to its IndieCade section at E3's South Hall. When asked if the organization might consider doing more to help indies, by perhaps reopening the old Kentia Hall area, the spokesperson stated: "We're always happy to have conversations and create a space and environment where all can exhibit." At deadline time, Polygon was unable to secure a response from Indie Megabooth.

Wilson's E3 presence is generally regarded as a laid-back, fun area to hang out and grab a beer. Parties are not uncommon. He has a lot of relationships with indies and is well liked. He often organizes communal housing for developers, at large shows such as E3.

At the Devolver area last night, developers enjoyed beers and post-show gossip. One indie told Polygon that it would be a shame if the off-site enclave was shut down.

Wilson said that his $100,000 loss is about equal to the amount he normally spends on E3, adding that his loss can be offset slightly by parking revenues from the rented lot.

He plans to hold an alternative festival in Austin next year. "We were so excited about a fan festival, we're going to have something in Austin in the spring, and really showcase our indie friends. We're just trying to figure out timing so we don't compete with any other events."

When asked if Devolver will be using a parking lot at E3 next year, Wilson replied, "I don't know. It depends on what happens. It will be sad for us if we can't do this, but it might be cost-prohibitive to do that as well as a spring event."

The current publisher of croteam's games, how do you not know this? Oh right, you folks here hate that serious sam series for some reason.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another A returns.

Atari teasing a new console:

I thought it would be a retro console like NES Mini, but they already have that and on the website they're looking for third-party developers. So, looks like it's more than that...

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/16/atari-ceo-confirms-the-company-is-working-on-a-new-game-console/

Atari CEO confirms the company is working on a new game console

Atari CEO Fred Chesnais told GamesBeat in an exclusive interview that his fabled video game company is working on a new game console.

In doing so, the New York company might be cashing in on the popularity of retro games and Nintendo’s NES Classic Edition, which turned out to be surprisingly popular for providing a method to easily play old games like Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda in HD on a TV.

Last week, Atari began teasing a new product called the Ataribox.The video released on a non-Atari web site showed a picture of some kind of hardware product, but many people wondered if the teaser was fake. Others had no idea what the video was showing about a “brand new Atari product years in the making.”

After all, nobody makes a game console with wood-grain siding. But at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Chesnais told me that the rumors are true.

“We’re back in the hardware business,” he said.

Chesnais declined to describe a lot of details about the console. But he said it is based on PC technology. He said Atari is still working on the design and will reveal it at a later date.

Chesnais said that Atari’s revival is well under way. Atari filed for bankruptcy protection in 2013, but Chesnais bought it and pledged to make it great again. The company is now profitable, and it is engaged in making mobile games. It is licensing its brands more widely, such as licensing its Atari name for the upcoming Blade Runner 2049 movie.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
They are also hipster cucks that fled to Canada when Trump took office.
Seriously?

... If only all the others who threatened to do that actually went through with it :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom