Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing through TOEE with CO8

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Do you still get node lag? Afaik it was fixed and never heard from again (was a bug with monsters' particle effect system).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do you still get node lag? Afaik it was fixed and never heard from again (was a bug with monsters' particle effect system).
Did you really? Good job then. And did you find any way to avoid the uber sword infinite AoO livelock (don't use it against fire creatures is not really a answer)?

Also that irritating thing where you clicked on the map and most of the party stopped moving short of the goal.

Last edited:

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Save game 'corruption' happens because you didn't disable autosaves and used quicksaving. But the game has other unfixed horrible bugs, like the nodes slowdown among other things.
Actually, I distinctly remember disabling autosaving and not making use of the quicksave feature in my last run (I think someone on the GOG forums mentioned that to me). The annoying part was that I had actually been making corrupt saves every 10 minutes for the last 2 hours when I arrived at the Temple without realizing it. Even though I saved quite often because I was so fucking scared of losing progress, when I had to reload I suddenly discovered that the games I had been saving were borked. The last non-corrupted save I had was somewhere in the Moathouse. Drove me nuts.

Telengard

Arcane
The base game has always had save corruption, source still undocumented (as far as I know, haven't paid attention in a while). Quick save is the most common source, but it can happen when just using regular saves. CO8 does fix some things, but it does not address the base game save corruption, loops, or the door bugs. All of which can lead to corruption. The door bug being the worst of the lot.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Don't make it sound so terrible, guys. The game + modfix are pretty playable. I played through without any troubles.
Also Roguey's posts in this thread were pretty face punch worthy.

So, I wish to immerse myself into this game. What am I supposed to install? Let me know if this order seems correct to you:

ToEE (gog edition)
CoEE (normal or plus edition)
Temple+

Done?
And by the way, I looked into CoEE forums and it is said that the mod and the game still have bugs. Should I wait for new releases of temple or CoEE before playing?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So, I wish to immerse myself into this game. What am I supposed to install? Let me know if this order seems correct to you:

ToEE (gog edition)
Temple+

Done?
And by the way, I looked into CoEE forums and it is said that the mod and the game still have bugs. Should I wait for new releases of temple or CoEE before playing?

There will be no new release of co8 afaik
RTFM for Co8 and T+ it have all you need to do

Sitra Achara

Arcane

ToEE (gog edition)
Temple+

Done?
I think most if not all of the severe bugs have been squashed by now. There will always be little bugs and deviations from p&p rules, so unless you want to wait till 2030 until the last of them has been fixed you should go ahead...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

ToEE (gog edition)
Temple+

Done?
I completed the game with Co8 not a month ago and never bother with Temple+ but I guess it doesn't hurt to install it..

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:necro:

I'll be starting a playthrough with Co8 and Temple+ soon (GoG version). Is there anything I absolutely need to do/know/have beforehand or can I go in blind?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Cleared out the moat house. Now all NPCs in the town are hostile. Oops I guess?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
I'm making my way through the second level of the temple now. Does it get any more interesting going forward? Clogging chokepoints and fireballing all opposition to death in a few turns gets old fast.

Andhaira

Arcane
Do NOT install the Co8 patch. It adds crap like Cloud's sword (yes, THAT Cloud Strife) and viciously destabilizes your save games, increasing their chances of corrupting with every load. The effect is retroactive, so if you have 1 save corrupted it corrupts all others. Also the 'fine' folk at Co8 use their patch to datamine without permission, so don't connect to the internet if you have it installed (game doesn't need to be running for it to do it's mining)

C08 Patch: Avoid like the fucking plague.

Comte

Do NOT install the Co8 patch. It adds crap like Cloud's sword (yes, THAT Cloud Strife) and viciously destabilizes your save games, increasing their chances of corrupting with every load. The effect is retroactive, so if you have 1 save corrupted it corrupts all others. Also the 'fine' folk at Co8 use their patch to datamine without permission, so don't connect to the internet if you have it installed (game doesn't need to be running for it to do it's mining)

So its better to run vanilla? Or is there some other fan patch?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm making my way through the second level of the temple now. Does it get any more interesting going forward? Clogging chokepoints and fireballing all opposition to death in a few turns gets old fast.

There are a few curve balls here and there, particularly with Co8. But you'll still have a high % of fireball fodder encounters.

Andhaira

Arcane

So its better to run vanilla? Or is there some other fan patch?

Pro Tip: Vanilla is always better. 'Fan' patches are usually garbage, unless they are something like a high res mod. Unless if a game officially allows for modding, which ToEE doesn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom