Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny gets New Game+ patch and Event Pack DLC, Bastard's Wound expansion coming later this year

Archibald

Arcane
Nobody is really comparing DLC's price to coffee, but to other available products in same market. For 7$ you can get another game while this DLC doesn't really give you any new content unless you replay whole game and see some bits and pieces here and there, at least as far as I understand whats in the DLC.

aratuk

Cipher
I like this game pretty well. It was too easy after the beginning (on the hardest difficulty), but the gameplay & story are still interesting. Easy decision to pay $7 to support development in this vein. Does anyone know if maybe they've fixed the cakewalk problem the hard difficulty has?

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Historically, base game expansions are more common than "sequel expansions". Thrones of Bhaal and Masks of the Betrayer are the exception to the rule. It's interesting how many people didn't know they disliked normal expansions until PoE had one.
By normal expansion you mean shitty half-assed DLC. That costs nothing to make, changes nothing, adds nothing and is a blatant cash grab. In other words POE did nothing new it was done by Bio, Beth and other pioneer companies to grab cash long since Obsidian thought of it.

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Haven't played Tyranny yet, so best bet seems to be to wait for the GotY edition with everything.

Wish I'd done that with Pillars of Eternity.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You guys are crying about $6? I mean it is one less Unicorn Frappuccino® for the week, but don't most of you pirate your games anyway?
*goes to the coffee shop where they also sell Tyranny DLC and expansions*

*sees a 6 dollar DLC for Tyranny, and a 6 dollar Unicorn Frappuccino*

Hmmmmm....

*checks wallets, only has 6 dollars*

Hmmm...

I'll have one Unicorn Frappuccino please.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wish I'd done that with Pillars of Eternity.
But PoE didn't get one.

Well there's this: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/107937/
That's just a bundle, I'm talking a re-release with all DLC around same price or less than base game used to be. Also love Paradox new pricing policy, that costs 80 dollars for me.

Lucky you, it's $100 for me. They should make a bundle without the pointless Royal Edition upgrade, that might have a decent price.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
Shit, Paradox wants $7 for content that should have been in the game in the first place! Who could have expected that?

Assuming they stay true to form there should be 3-4 more "actually finish the game" patches (which cost monies). Then a weabo patch of some kind, then a couple "ruin the game patches" and then they will announce Tranny 2.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Assuming they stay true to form there should be 3-4 more "actually finish the game" patches (which cost monies). Then a weabo patch of some kind, then a couple "ruin the game patches" and then they will announce Tranny 2.

I was going to say "Obsidian wouldn't do that", but Paradox will likely do it themselves.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
haha they want like 6 bucks for extra map encounters
This is why you don't let Paradox publish your products. Look at how fragmented their own games are, it's a joke.

DLC for Crusader Kings II...

3AXX8Uc.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom