Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship RPG Update #15

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Random file name by photobucket.
lol
It looked Russian to me but I don't know Russian at all.
Each concept art shows an existing location, we don't have flavor only concepts.
So how will that work, there's vacuum right there. Even if there will be no fights, walking animations should look differently (even if we were using magnetic boots). Text adventure then?
None whatsoever. Any suggestions? I used dropshots for awhile but it's not very reliable (images disappears and I have to re-upload them and update posts all the time).
Not that long ago I would have recommended you imgbox.com/imagebam (I've been using them for over 10 years) but they're closing on June 30th (they've had no ads and pictures weren't compressed in any way, unlike imgur). As such, photobucket is your best bet since they're very reliable and images stay forever (unlike imageshack for example, I don't know any shittier site). Postimage is good but they may close down soon too (they've been concerned about it before). Imgur would have been good if not for compressing images even more. Other than that there is google photos

BTW, I can recommend you a program that can mass download pictures from imgbox/imagebam.photobucket/flickr/imageshack, etc. It can come in handy when you don't have them on the disk (I've used it for backing up my imgbox files).
https://github.com/4pr0n/ripme
More direct link for download is here: https://github.com/4pr0n/ripme/releases
ripme.jar is all you need to download

I can't even read this word :lol:
https://translate.google.com/?source=osdd#auto/en/Zpsitvyetsk
Click on a speaker icon, it's easy to pronounce actually.

Edit:
On another matter, I know that GOG has much lower priority than Steam (like 5 times lower) but it would be nice if you would check their forums once in a while: https://af.gog.com/forum/age_of_decadence_series/how_do_i_even_do_anything?as=1649904300
Elhoim

Last edited by a moderator:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
On another matter, I know that GOG has much lower priority than Steam (like 5 times lower) but it would be nice if you would check their forums once in a while:
It's not about priority but activity. Steam forums tend to be very busy (before things calmed down waking up to 3-4 pages of new threads wasn't unusual). We do check GOG forums once in a while but whatever questions people have are usually promptly answered by others so there's no need to pop up to say the same thing.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
waterjets

modular-waterjets-principle-1.png

Aenra

I know this is pretty basic, but..

In terms of landmass/space, what can we expect from New World?
(space as in err, to give my favorite example, Fallout 2: i) places to go and walk through, of no import, but still there, adding to the scenery, maybe some odd bit of visual interest but no actual value, ii) places yet again of no import, but filled with hostile NPCs; get your combat fix, just kill, loot and fuck off, iii) the occasional explorational urge satisfied because places to go to)

My understanding thus far is that it's gonna be pretty tight? Except even if so, am not sure if it's because of budget or some design concept-related choice.

axedice

Cipher
You should add a carpet merchant somewhere about to go out of business since carpets mean shit in a spacecraft. We deserve it. :love:

Oh and that Dinah character should definitely have the surname Zpsitvyetsk. Like something she made up while giving a false name.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I know this is pretty basic, but..

In terms of landmass/space, what can we expect from New World?
(space as in err, to give my favorite example, Fallout 2: i) places to go and walk through, of no import, but still there, adding to the scenery, maybe some odd bit of visual interest but no actual value, ii) places yet again of no import, but filled with hostile NPCs; get your combat fix, just kill, loot and fuck off, iii) the occasional explorational urge satisfied because places to go to)
We're definitely aiming for more exploration and combat this time around.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I really like the name and box art/whatever art in the update link. It would be nice if you made the game what I want it to be instead of what you want it to be but que sera sera. The last interview with was also very good too. I honestly wasn't expecting this game until 2038 so it seems you are way ahead of my schedule.

deuxhero

Arcane
Since the new game will include guns, what's the plan for how optics are handled? Optics are pretty much our only major advancement for firearms since the 60s (manufacturing techniques/technology and new materials have improved guns, but have improved pretty much all goods).

Got weird shit like occluded eye optics (which were good for CQC, terrible for anything else. Massively outdated now, but could find use on a vessel that doesn't just have a glass and electronics making lab handy and will have lots of CQC) that could be used for progression and plot.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I meant more like how they are done mechanically.
Fallout 1 style "all guns that will ever have optics have them by default"
Fallout 2 style "some guns can be upgraded to have optics"
STALKER style freely attaching/removing compatible scopes to your guns
ect.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I meant more like how they are done mechanically.
Fallout 1 style "all guns that will ever have optics have them by default"
Fallout 2 style "some guns can be upgraded to have optics"
STALKER style freely attaching/removing compatible scopes to your guns
ect.
Most likely Fallout 2 style.

Zer0wing

Cipher
What stops from going STALKER style? Modular weapons don't last long in your game?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Fallout 2 style system is very easy to make as it's basically a command that replaces one item with another. A Stalker style system requires a lot more work, an interface, programming, etc. It's not a very complex task but everything takes time (especially when the team is small) and we have to prioritize.

Black Angel

Arcane
So, there will be romances this time around, right?

Wait, what? You don't take Mass Effect as a source of inspiration for this particular project? Boo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom