Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Beyond Good & Evil 2

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
FUCK THESE PICUGTERES! LOOK AT THEM, YOU COULD NEVEF R THALL THAT THEY ARE FROM BGE IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE TITLE. SPACE OPERA MY ASS, EXPLORE THE GALAX Y MY ASS, BGE WAS NOT ABOUT THIS! WHERE IS THE CHARM OF THE FIRST ONE, THE LOVABLE DIALOGUES! HERE WE HAVE CURSING SPACE MUNKEY AND RASTA GIRL PLAYING FIFTHE ELEMENT!

BE A SPACE PIRATE? ! WHAT THE FUCK? CAN YOU GET MORE GENERIC THAN THIS?

AND YOU HAD A TRAILER ABOUT A REAL BGE2 A FEW YEAR S AGO, HOW COULD THEY FUCK THIS UPBADLY?

IF YOU HAD TO FUCKING GUESS, WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK IS BGE2?

BiJQiRI.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
FUCK THESE PICUGTERES! LOOK AT THEM, YOU COULD NEVEF R THALL THAT THEY ARE FROM BGE IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE TITLE. SPACE OPERA MY ASS, EXPLORE THE GALAX Y MY ASS, BGE WAS NOT ABOUT THIS! WHERE IS THE CHARM OF THE FIRST ONE, THE LOVABLE DIALOGUES! HERE WE HAVE CURSING SPACE MUNKEY AND RASTA GIRL PLAYING FIFTHE ELEMENT!

AND YOU HAD A TRAILER ABOUT A REAL BGE2 A FEW YEAR S AGO, HOW COULD THEY FUCK THIS UPBADLY?

BiJQiRI.jpg

15 years have passed from the original. Stupid shit was bound to happen.

But guess what? It doesn't matter. It's a prequel. Get over it.

You know when you can start sperging around? When they show some gameplay.

Now go back to fuck around in Rpg Maker.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I liked the trailer. It was the most original and refreshing shit from all the E3 trailers I've seen where all competed which one can harbor the most graphic violence.

Now I shall install the first game and see what the fuss is all about and if J_C's ramblings are anchored in reality or not.
My bet is the latter.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

BiJQiRI.jpg

First, it doesn't matter how many years have passed, it is still inexcusable shit. Also, being a prequel just adds salt to injury because the first game ended in a cliffhanger, so they should continue that.

Gameplay? What do you think what kind of gameplay will it have? Generic Ubisoft style open World, with parkouring, discovering huge maps littered with quest markers. It can have the best gameplay ever and will still be a disgrace to the first game.

Finally, do you think yourself some kind of hotshot that you are sending me back to RPG Maker? What, should I be ashamed? Go and drink up the juices of this shitty game instead.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
First, it doesn't matter how many years have passed, it is still inexcusable shit. Also, being a prequel just adds salt to injury because the first game ended in a cliffhanger, so they should continue that.

Why would they continue that? The first game sold like fucking garbage. Of course they won't make a sequel.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"Jade who?", asks the creative lead and producer of Beyond Good and Evil 2, Pierre le Baguette, while browsing iPad and adjusting his thick-framed eyeglasses at a Parisian Starbucks.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Also you purists don't know shit about BGE.
The game was meant to be a Space GTA back in the early 2000's but Ubi Montpellier didn't have enough resources/technology and went with a linear puzzle/platforming game instead.
Reality is Michel Ancel can now furfill his original idea 14 years later.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I used to follow all the news about BGE 2's development (or lack of thereof) back in the day, but fuck man, nowadays I don't even remember anymore what the original game was all about. Something about evil aliens invading a peaceful planet and a journalist chick with green lipstick and a literal pig for daddy single handily defeating them? Doesn't sound that cool anymore...

But yeah, the "propaganda" song in that club was lit af fam.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Why would they continue that? The first game sold like fucking garbage. Of course they won't make a sequel.
But it didn't sell like garbage because of the story, did it?
Also you purists don't know shit about BGE.
The game was meant to be a Space GTA back in the early 2000's but Ubi Montpellier didn't have enough resources/technology and went with a linear puzzle/platforming game instead.
Reality is Michel Ancel can now furfill his original idea 14 years later.
So what? Ancel is fullfilling his original idea which was bad to begin with. But after his game turning out to be a cult classic, he should have known better than making this abomination. And besides BGE was already kinda open world, you could travel between the different locations. So he could even make an open world game if he really wanted to. But fucking up the style, the atmosphere, the characters, and presumable the gameplay, now that is retarded.

---

Arcane
We are talking about air, men.
There isn't a SINGLE frame of actual gameplay, in that trailer.
Probably the development hasn't started yet, fuck.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
People keep saying they wouldn't know it was BG&E if they weren't told, but I knew it was as soon as the camera panned down showing the pig guy. Thought it was Pey'j at first. It looks pretty swank, BG&E hinted at this huge Star Wars-like galaxy out there but you never got to explore it. This was one of the disappointments I had with the original, it gives you the impression you'd be visiting at least a few different planets, but the whole game takes place on Hillys. As for SJW stuff, meh. If it came out today people would probably say the same thing about Beyond Good & Evil 1.

Only problem is it's being developed by modern Ubisoft, so it will probably be a soulless checklist simulator, since they seem to want to make it some kind of open world game. BG&E was more like Zelda.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

BiJQiRI.jpg

Gameplay? What do you think what kind of gameplay will it have? Generic Ubisoft style open World, with parkouring, discovering huge maps littered with quest markers. It can have the best gameplay ever and will still be a disgrace to the first game.

Finally, do you think yourself some kind of hotshot that you are sending me back to RPG Maker? What, should I be ashamed? Go and drink up the juices of this shitty game instead.

Please take off your nostalgia glasses and fuck off!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

BiJQiRI.jpg

Please, put on your brain and fuck you!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
People keep saying they wouldn't know it was BG&E if they weren't told, but I knew it was as soon as the camera panned down showing the pig guy. Thought it was Pey'j at first. It looks pretty swank, BG&E hinted at this huge Star Wars-like galaxy out there but you never got to explore it. This was one of the disappointments I had with the original, it gives you the impression you'd be visiting at least a few different planets, but the whole game takes place on Hillys. As for SJW stuff, meh. If it came out today people would probably say the same thing about Beyond Good & Evil 1.

Only problem is it's being developed by modern Ubisoft, so it will probably be a soulless checklist simulator, since they seem to want to make it some kind of open world game. BG&E was more like Zelda.

I agree with everything except for the last line. There is no reason to doubt Michel Ancel.

Retarded or not, the guy had tears in his eyes and that's something uncommon in the industry today. He will put his soul in this game and that's why I don't think it will end up like a soulless checklist simulator.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Retarded or not, the guy had tears in his eyes and that's something uncommon in the industry today. He will put his soul in this game and that's why I don't think it will end up like a soulless checklist simulator.
I think most people trust in Ancel, but unfortunately there is the management of Ubisoft to fuck everything up.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

BiJQiRI.jpg

Please, put on your brain and fuck you!

Lame.

You are spergin without a reason.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Consider that the original basically excelled in two areas: likeable characters/writing and soundtrack. They made it a prequel, so the first bit is not a factor (it could still be good, but right now we must assume standard trAAApe). I haven't seen any acknowledgement in their press release of the soundtrack (I haven't read the interviews though, so it might be there).

Add to this that it's made under modern ubisoft + "open world" in description, which basically guarantees it will be the same ubisoft open world game you have already played (multiple times).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom