Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rance Series

Jason Liang

Arcane
Interesting composition with the princesses of the four human realms in the foreground (Leazas, Zeth, Helman and JAPAN). But wont at least Magic and Lia be saddled with Rance's brats in X?

No Kanami in any of the pictures but there's no way she'll be absent.

Notice that there's a date (for those that don't speak moon rune, the characters stand for year and month) and turn 0... looks like we're getting a strategic game again!

Its comin'!

Last edited:

Nirvash

Liturgist
Tactical board game? Not sure about that.

I expected some massive demon invasion and a total war rance (questing for war objectives).

Fuck kanami, where is rizna?

And i want a hanny playable character.
Glory, glory for the hannies.

nerf mages please

Wait, so sengoku got extended modding?

Some news about rance quest translation?

Nostaljaded

Savant
Dislike Sill's character design. It's just halfway in between her afro & her rebonded wavy hair...
All good if it's just her 'broken' portrait before she gets fixed up.

It's strange that it's showing a single HP bar as well...

Curious what's the use of 'food vouchers'?
Guess it's putting the monsters on welfare to prevent any of my women from being 'fed' to them. :M

Notice that there's a date (for those that don't speak moon rune, the characters stand for year and month) and turn 0... looks like we're getting a strategic game again!

Think TADA said they did IX with the 7 heroine routes as X is gonna be an RPG.
Red Eye, correct me if I'm wrong.

Red Eye

Learned
Dislike Sill's character design. It's just halfway in between her afro & her rebonded wavy hair...
All good if it's just her 'broken' portrait before she gets fixed up.

It's strange that it's showing a single HP bar as well...

Curious what's the use of 'food vouchers'?
Guess it's putting the monsters on welfare to prevent any of my women from being 'fed' to them. :M

Think TADA said they did IX with the 7 heroine routes as X is gonna be an RPG.
Red Eye, correct me if I'm wrong.

They did 7 routes in IX because it was the last chance to do a game with heroine routes.

They did state with X that it was going to be more of an RPG than a game like Kichikuou or Sengoku.

A question for those who have beaten Rance VI, about the post-game:

There is a quest where you have to exterminate the monster remnants in the capital. You have to hunt down several groups of monster, 15 or 20, I don't remember.
Apparently the only enemies are the red blobs that appear on the map, there are no random encounters and you cant "summon" monsters to fight.
So far I've cleaned most of the area, but there are I believe 2 groups left. Unfortunately I have reached 100% map clearance, and nothing new appears on the map. Does anyone remember if monster groups appear in the minimap?
Where could the last 2 be? So far the last group I killed after "falling" through the floor into a new area.

Nirvash

Liturgist

There is a quest where you have to exterminate the monster remnants in the capital. You have to hunt down several groups of monster, 15 or 20, I don't remember.
Apparently the only enemies are the red blobs that appear on the map, there are no random encounters and you cant "summon" monsters to fight.
So far I've cleaned most of the area, but there are I believe 2 groups left. Unfortunately I have reached 100% map clearance, and nothing new appears on the map. Does anyone remember if monster groups appear in the minimap?
Where could the last 2 be? So far the last group I killed after "falling" through the floor into a new area.

They are in the minimap, i had the same problem and you must be missing some old location, that place is big.

Check buildings.

Red Eye

Learned

The last one only appears after you kill ever other one.

The second last one is in one of the building near the area where you meet Kamilla for the first time

Done. The second to last wasn't appearing in the mini-map at all even if I had previously mapped it. On the other hand, the last star did.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
fA3j3HI.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
FUCK THIS FUCKING GAY EARTH WHERE IS MY RANCE WHO THE FUCK GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THAT TURD

1426760505397.png

Analunaru‏ is on damage control

IF WE LIKE RANCE WE WANT TO PLAY MORE RANCE, NOT SOME CHEAP ASS SUBSTITUTE SHIT

1480444873490.png

Nirvash

Liturgist
Evenicle looks like rance quest minus all the rance stuff. (so, almost garbage)

God, a fucking gary stu pretty boy high school retard as main chara...

Red Eye

Learned
Are you niwas ready for Mangagamer to bring over Sengoku Rance as the next Rance game and then do Escalayer?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Are you niwas ready for Mangagamer to bring over Sengoku Rance as the next Rance game and then do Escalayer?
I'd buy an english version of sengoku rance immediately. Even if it meant losing all my precious unlocks and NG+ points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom