Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4Chan Has a Leaker! Starfield In 2017! TES VI in 2023! TES VII in 2030! Totally Not Bullshit!

Shinji

Savant
That Bethesda conference was very weird. I think it took about 35 minutes to finish? Plus, Todd Howard wasn't even there.

This makes me wonder if the leaker was actually speaking the truth. Not to mention the recurring "starfield" that appeared on the background as Pete Hines spoke.
There was probably a "change of plans" behind the curtains. No company would waste money on an E3 conference to show basically nothing.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Monkey Truth: Strategy versus Tactics, or Using the Prime Directive at a Corporate Pitch, Team Versus Shareholders

"A plan is just a list of things that don't happen" <-- Way of the Gun, 2000. "A plan is useless, but planning is essential." <-- some Dead-Assed WW2 President, forget which. Taking both to heart brings us to strategy versus tactics. The strategy of Monkey Truth is, like all correct pitches, to "convince a motherfucker who doesn't realize he needs to convince me." There are other wrong-headed strategies, but this is always the correct one, and for the sake of (needless) empathy, it is "appropriately" named The Bandersnitch Stance, a (needless) shorthand for a looping, histrionic in-joke mock-apologia. Just to let the other strategists feel comfortable enough to smoke at the table. Now, the table: first turn == first shot == all strategies are immediately discarded into the duck-or-yer-dead realm of tactics. Otherwise known as "to become as selfless as melting ice," which is to say, "okay, motherfuckers, it's ON." At this impossipoint, one must realize they are water shapes, and, moreso, free ones, emancipated from any lunar (read: anti-masculine, therefore anti-white-collar-white) rule, and switch to /i/ religo /-i/ in the oldest meaning: "to surrender up". In that forever-second is the constant One, combined suddenly with UP, as in Sky, where you become Prime, whose actualization is 1UP, the sigil of [Combined Fire], which demands (read: directs) the Team, the hidden acronym for "I ARE ALL WE". In one untaken breath-- the iBecome-- the red-dot Prime Directive is clear-for-close, and They (We, Me, You, I, Against All Other) subvocalize "On ONE!" End of [Bottom] Line/My God, It's Full of Win/Non-Chalance Watch As They Wither/BANG. The Eternal Return On Investment. OutcomeMONEYkthxbye. Fake2Make2Shake2000million/TwoQuatersPerShareAmen.
Have your character screw an animal

:lol:

That just begs for a 1008 line list of various ingredients to use in Monkey Truth

make something that obviously can't talk, talk

at random intervals, use thesaurus.com to find archaic substitutes for common words, like "the"

if any object can conceivably be classified as a container, something Too Big needs to come out of it, preferably something so retarded that chuckles ensue. and then say something completely lucid in the next sentence about the horrors of the human condition. be as succinct as possible with all of it.

to have a mythical character say something really mythic, rip out every other word in their dialogue to affect the numinous resonance that you yourself can't create some other way

say "numinous" in your text, whether as a descriptor or in dialogue, bonus points if used incorrectly on purpose

use birds, because they make no sense, anyway

in the middle of a scene have one of your major characters suddenly decide to bake something out of unlikely materials

to save time, in lieu of using an appropriate adjectival for an "exotic" item, use a place name instead. make sure this place name is either not on a map, or spelled differently than it is on the map

add a hyphen in it somewhere; the "it" doesn't matter, just do it

have a major character suddenly burp out his soul that takes an unexpected form, then have all your other characters pretend to ignore it for unknown reasons, except for one of them, who thereafter eyes the major character that burped in a "meaningful" way that he or she henceforth refuses to act upon; again, for unknown reasons

ALL CAP something out of the blue; this always means something or another, even if you, the author, doesn't know what and even if you don't particularly care because you just wanted to use ALL CAPS

have a moon start dancing but be serious about it, like having it dance in a tavern

have someone see Vivec in the background, even if he shouldn't be here; if you ARE using Vivec as a character, have himself see himself; fail to explain why (see "Major Characters, Burping")

take a common phrase and reverse, invert, or otherwise just turn it around: "And then Jhunal wrestled the beast to the ground sky"

have Kurt Kuhlmann refute it in-character; his refutation will a) be better than the original work, and b) legitimize the original work, Thank God

imply vertical tower symbolism to a mundane round or ovoid object, like a sandal or bowl of cornflakes; remember that the bowl and the sandal are containers, so something Too Big should pop out of both

at the same time

build in plausible deniability by explaining that the written version of something loses its original meaning by virtue of being written instead of being (sung, danced, carved, eaten, spoken while wearing a mask)

use masks

describe something obviously concave as convex, like, say, a mask, which is both so that doesn't work

strike something from the record

1 part Santeria, 3 parts Vaudeville

in lieu of coherency, use incoherent lists

have your character screw an animal. Oh, wait.

-M
Seriously, for something to be truly worthy of the Temple, some part of it should be funny. Sublimely, outrageous, mock-bureaucratic, whatever fits your personal taste. But comedy is essential to Monkey Truth. I mean, it started with a painted ape, right?

[Insert here that this is only my opinion.]

The triumph of "An Exploration of the Hist Language" was everywhere; what nailed it for me, though, what put it on the goddamn door like Luther, was the fact that the central "truly Argonian text" had you stuttering like a lisping, catball-having asshole. Which pretended to take itself seriously (really, that had to take itself seriously for the work as a whole).
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
This thread is useless and the op is a fag who needs to be banned for posting shitty 4chan caps and pretending they are real.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
leans into the Post Reply button

fake news
Its only taken the American people 50 years to realize that's a thing.

:hero:

Now how long until they realize the same fuckers who make shit movies decide what's news?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-e3-2017-fallout-and-elder-scrolls-are-not/1100-6450986/

Bethesda E3 2017: Fallout And Elder Scrolls Are Not In The Same Universe

The popular theory that the Fallout and Elder Scrolls franchises exist in the same universe is a bunch of malarkey. That's according to Bethesda marketing executive Pete Hines, who told GameSpot today that he's aware of the talk, but pointed out that Fallout 1 and 2 were made by Interplay before Bethesda acquired the franchise and made Fallout 3 and 4.

"I haven't the foggiest of notion how anybody could make the leap that they are in fact part of the same thing," he said. "We made Elder Scrolls, and a completely different developer and publisher came up with Fallout, which we then acquired. So how did they ..."

Timelines can be wacky; just look at The Legend of Zelda. But Bethesda did not adjust the story after acquiring Fallout to set up a story that the worlds are connected. "No, I don't think there's any universe in which those universes are in the same universe. That's not a thing."

People have found what they believe are references to Fallout and Elder Scrolls existing in the same universe, such as items and elements of one world showing up in the other. But whatever evidence is out there is not the real deal, Hines confirmed to us today.

Sentinel

Arcane
What the fuck does Hines even know?
Doubt the faggot even knows anything about the TES or Fallout lore. Don't even think he ever talked to the writers of either games.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
I doubt that this will stop the retards from trying to make their fanboy fever dreams come true. Hasn't any of these chromosome challenge fanboys ever stop and think that the reason why Bethesda reuse assets for their games is because their lazy? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised that in the next Elder Scroll game that steel plate armor will just be power armor from Fallout 4 because fuck effort.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Bethesda E3 2017: Fallout And Elder Scrolls Are Not In The Same Universe
Not yet.

mystery.png

Luzur

Good Sir
Brotherhood of Steel creating nirnroot in Fallout 4?

Also, "tok-talk" translate into "crazy talk" in swedish

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Brotherhood of Steel creating nirnroot in Fallout 4?

The Trump administration is working on nirnroot in collaboration with Monsanto as we speak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom