Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
4 HOURS FOR TODD AND GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

XMGiaz0.jpg

It's tomorrow morning dummy

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Need for Speed looks great. NFS: Fast and Furious. Goofy as fuck

Wow people really fucking hate this post. Look, I'd be way happier with a new Burnout or NFS Underground 3, but they're not happening. I've played to death every decent arcade racer that I have the hardware to play. Payback looks to have a good sense of speed, the graphics are nice and they've included takedowns. Can't speak for the gameplay yet of course. It'll most likely have story mode and single race options alongside some other game modes. The story mode looks dumb as fuck and I'll enjoy it for being a dumb action movie.

What exactly is so decline about my attitude here? I like arcade racers and if the drive-feel is good then I'll at least just enjoy it mechanically

Also are there any hidden gem arcade racers on the PC I might not know about? because I'm playing Burnout Paradise for the 3rd time and it's wearing thin

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's exactly what I want from a racing game: constant scripted sequences and slo-mo takedowns interrupting the gameplay.

I fucking hope and pray that the story mode is optional and that there's a normal race progression option like almost all of them have had, but the takedown system shown in the video are single hit takedowns whcih are set up for the sequence. In normal races not only is it much harder to hit cars, you also have to wear them down much more than 1 hit, so those takedown animations are very spaced out.

Normal race mode outside of story mode will obviously not include cut-scenes and shit

Sentinel

Arcane
I have and it's pretty fun but the star card ability system and hero pick ups kinda ruin it imo.

Sentinel

Arcane
Holy shit that AssCreed looked terrible. Eagle mechanic is gonna get annoying as fuck 10 minutes in.
Not that I'm gonna play it anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom