Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I wish they would get MCA (or an actual writer) to write their updates. Whoever is doing them tries hard, but is clearly not a native english speaker.

(Which wouldn't matter, if the kickstarter updates weren't in English. Since they are, get someone who has an aptitude for the language, please!)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Stumbled on this.

Owlcat is looking for texture artists. And they're preemptively butthurt, snidely asking not to ask why they don't have one already.

Художники по текстурам / Хэндпэйнт

На проект Pathfinder: Kingmaker (студия Owlcat Games, owlcatgames.com) требуются ХУДОЖНИКИ по ТЕКСТУРАМ на аутсорс.

Красивая олдскульная рпгэха, основанная на культовой настольной игре. С троллями, магией, всякими тварями, проработанной историей и продуманными диалогами. Умеренная стилизация, условный реализм. Не казуальщина — без излишней сказочности и стилизации.

Сейчас ищу художников по текстурам (просто 3д-моделлеры пока не требуются, но возможно понадобятся позже — следите за новыми вакансиями на моей страничке).

Ищутся художники подкованные в хэндпэйнте.
Желательно в 3d-coat (много там знать не требуется, чтобы хендпэйнтить — могу объяснить подходящим кандидатам за полчаса по скайпу).
Обязателен худ.вкус, понимание цвета, тона, масс и пропорций и т.п. Умение показать объем и свет.
Если дополнительно имеется навык моделинга/маппинга - отлично!

Портфели с прекрасным хэндпейнтом присылайте в личку контакта или на почту)

https://vk.com/sunisgoingdown
vlad.konstantinov@corp.mail.ru

Рассмотрю всех, постараюсь по возможности ответить так или иначе всем! Не стесняйтесь!

Репост и сарафан приветствуются!

__
Все вопросы про "текучку", "до сих пор не нашли?", поучения как оформлять вакансии, издевки и претензии ко мне лично шлите по указанным контактам. Комментарии проверяю редко!
__
Претензии к Меил.Ру Групп в целом, к каким-то конкретным студиям или играм шлите по адресам, которые вы найдете на официальном сайте.
https://vk.com/feed?w=wall-51491501_16092

PrettyDeadman

I wish they would get MCA (or an actual writer) to write their updates. Whoever is doing them tries hard, but is clearly not a native english speaker.

(Which wouldn't matter, if the kickstarter updates weren't in English. Since they are, get someone who has an aptitude for the language, please!)
It's too late. The cat is out of the box know.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Не казуальщина — без излишней сказочности и стилизации.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Google translat still sucks:

Not kazualshchina - without excessive fabulous and stylized.

It says they are looking for artists to work on beautiful old-school rpg with "semi-realistic modest stylization. Not a casual crap with excessive fairy-tale stylization"

:retarded:

53230f1ce187637c28df7c05f5bc1d6f_original.gif

Just look at those "modestly stylized semi-realistic" trolls!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe that is why they are looking for new artists :D
They are finished with all mechanics and engine from what I understand. Now they need to implement all art and levels and quests and mid and high level spells.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #5
How Tabletop Gaming Inspires Our CRPG

Dear Pathfinders,

You all have your favourite memorable events in the Kingmaker Adventure Path and many of you wanted to know, if and how they will make it into the computer game and how they will play out. So in today's update, let us tell you about our approach to transitioning events from tabletop to the computer game experience. Every member of our team is playing the Kingmaker campaign on the table to have a first-hand experience of the campaign, its story, NPCs, and events. We are split into several parties, who get together regularly to share their exploits. Each party is excited to share their stories and make sure that their experience will be translated into the game somehow. Let's take Candlemere tower as an example – all our GMs approached this event differently, each of them imagining old gods and faith in their own way. One party experienced it as an underground complex filled with strange devices and substances, while another had a more horror-like experience and tried to deal with a swarm of will-o'-wisps that came to feed on their fears. We discussed those experiences and decided to make Candlemere a more prominent location with ties to the… let’s call it the 'important quest' (to avoid spoilers).

Or take the encounter with a Hill Giant, who is not an ordinary aggressive monster, but a sad creature, who is searching for his mate and suffering from a severe hangover. Players in one of our groups decided they wanted to console him and even hire him to be the kingdom strongman. They brewed a barrel of strong drink just for him! Alas, due to some tragic events, they ultimately found the poor giant dead.

af5fd0fe7c2782d6f1cdca5b34edc21e_original.jpg

These experiences are great examples for the freedom of choices and decisions many of you want to see in the CRPG, and as players ourselves, we are going a long way to providing as many different options as possible for all of the incredible events from the adventure path. You will be able to decide the fate of the Sootscale tribe or the kobolds on the radish patch, try to save the Jubilost’s cart or talk to a sad giant, avoid cruel spriggan jokes or participate in the Rushlight tournament.

7dda82663a0dd7c5b68e10f6f38ac2d7_original.jpg

For each of the events, we want to offer many different solutions to you. Do you want to intimidate the kobolds or make a diplomatic arrangement with them? It's entirely up to you. Or just rid them of their miserable existence if bloodthirsty solutions are your forte! Some of the options become available to you only if you met certain criteria (being very lawful for example). Others will require certain skill checks which will vary in difficulty, depending on how you attempt to reach your goal. For example, it is much easier to intimidate a coward than to persuade him.

8c081e4a1f5bf2a37892db140eb2db13_original.jpg

Be prepared to encounter some of your favourite events from the Adventure Path, as well as entirely new ones, as you experience your journey across the Stolen Lands, supporting and expanding the story of Kingmaker even more!

If you have any questions or comments, why not stop in the comments section to talk to us? Your input and feedback is always appreciated!

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

36e9e3efb695d758324b0e7c7dc3428c_original.png

Andhaira

Arcane
Update #5
How Tabletop Gaming Inspires Our CRPG

Or take the encounter with a Hill Giant, who is not an ordinary aggressive monster, but a sad creature, who is searching for his mate and suffering from a severe hangover. Players in one of our groups decided they wanted to console him and even hire him to be the kingdom strongman. They brewed a barrel of strong drink just for him! Alas, due to some tragic events, they ultimately found the poor giant dead.

af5fd0fe7c2782d6f1cdca5b34edc21e_original.jpg

So just the illusion of C&C then? I can live with that as long as its handled more tastefully than Bioware. :P

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like this could be easy to metagame if you've played the module.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The disparity between the quality of writing in the IGN gameplay videos and in these updates is bizarre.

Chris Avellone must have written their entire prototype (who else could it have been?), but does he really have time to do that for an entire game? I have a feeling he might end up only writing high level design documents + full scripts for selected characters and they'll have to hire another English-speaking writer to do the rest.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The disparity between the quality of writing in the IGN gameplay videos and in these updates is bizarre.

Chris Avellone must have written their entire prototype (who else could it have been?), but does he really have time to do that for an entire game? I have a feeling he might end up only writing high level design documents + full scripts for selected characters and they'll have to hire another English-speaking writer to do the rest.
Are you updated on everything he's currently working on, that we know of? I've lost count.

ArchAngel

Arcane

KS updates are done by their community manager from KS comments. Why would he be also writing stuff inside the game?

Also first everyone complains MCA does not do enough for games he is part of and now that he does a lot now you again complain about how much he does.

Rev

Arcane

Maybe he doesn't have many other projects right now, so he can focus his attention on this one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

KS updates are done by their community manager from KS comments. Why would he be also writing stuff inside the game?

Also first everyone complains MCA does not do enough for games he is part of and now that he does a lot now you again complain about how much he does.

When you put Chris Avellone at the beginning of your Kickstarter pitch video with narrative designer billing, and then he basically disappears with everything after that feeling as un-Avellonian as possible, that feels like a bait & switch. They couldn't find somebody who can write in the Pathfinder community? Every Kickstarter needs its Brandon Adler/Brother None type.

More clarity is needed. Fairfax Any chance you can ask MCA about this? What's his role in this game really going to be? Did he write the entire prototype? Are they going to hire more writers for the full game?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
When you put Chris Avellone at the beginning of your Kickstarter pitch video with narrative designer billing, and then he basically disappears with everything after that feeling as un-Avellonian as possible, that feels like a bait & switch. They couldn't find somebody who can write in the Pathfinder community? Every Kickstarter needs its Brandon Adler/Brother None type.

More clarity is needed. Fairfax Any chance you can ask MCA about this? What's his role in this game really going to be? Did he write the entire prototype? Are they going to hire more writers for the full game?

If that is the case, and he's there just as a Brand name, Powered by MCA, why would he confirm it if asked...?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Chris Avellone must have written their entire prototype (who else could it have been?)

Now that you mention it, somebody was suspiciously quick about promoting this kickstarter:

And Paizo guys were giving assurances that "diversity" wil be taken care of.

Oh my god, it all makes sense now!

imweasel

So Paizo came to their senses and didn't let Sawyer or Obsidian touch their IP to make a CRPG. I'd also trust some almost unknown Russians over Sawyer any day.
TrumpSmug.png

It also obviously still needs some work, but the fact that Codex is not completely shitting over it is a very good sign.

EDIT: I see that the SJW Jew faggot AKA Obsidian shill and the other Pillars of Eternity fantards are having a bad day again. :smug:

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom