Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I know they had horses but...mounted spearmen?

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you referring to lancers?

c6d944b1b1c2b2e6134acd55f00b97cd.jpg

kalganoat

Savant
Too bad I missed seeing this live. Last year's was fantastic entertainment. Just find a stream incorporating a drinking game and laugh your ass off.

Also Ace Combat looks hella Nippon, and I'll buy it.
Highly skeptical. The last "real" Ace Combat (meaning the last one not designed around mobile devices), Assault Horizon, was totally shit for straying so far from the formula and going full QTE popamole.
According to wikipedia, apparently this one will be designed with VR in mind. So that cannot be a good sign.

Hql3jLT.jpg

It's made by the guys who did ac4 and ac5. Also VR is only a few separate missions. You can't play through the entire game in VR like RE7

toroid

Arcane
It's made by the guys who did ac4 and ac5.
Both of those games were developed by Namco before the Namco Bandai merger.

Also VR is only a few separate missions. You can't play through the entire game in VR like RE7
I still expect it to be done in such an amateurishly hamfisted way so as to draw attention to itself and have a negative effect on the whole of the game.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Why does Battlefield have mounted spearmen in a game with machine guns?

It's an expansion to Battlefield 1, which is set in World War 1 which did have an odd mixture of the old and new clashing. I think they got a bit creative with things though
Lances were part of the armories of all the major armies at the start of WWI, but combat experience showed them to be ineffective.

On the other hand, in the later Polish-Soviet war the lance saw a resurgence, since the terrain and types of engagements in that war were often suitable for traditional cavalry tactics.

Ivan

Arcane
Evil Within 2, courtesy of neofag:
TqlH2SB.png

pretty lackluster title, but it's Shinji Mikami, so it's worth a wait and see

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hello, fellow gamers players! The Electronic Entertainment Expo aka E3 aka Christmas preorders in June is here! Are you as excited as I am? You should be! I can hardly wait for the legendary RPG developer and powerhouse industry publisher Bethesda Softworks (creators of Fallout and Skyrim, the best game of all time) to inaugurate the event with the first presentation, like they have for so many years past!

I'm particularly excited at the prospect of being able to play Elder Scrolls Legends on my mobile device. That's what I really like about Bethesda; they know what we want and aren't afraid to push the envelope in order to give it to us.

What are you anticipating most? The sequel to Evil Within, which fundamentally changed the landscape of the horror genre? Or perhaps the long-awaited revival of Quake? I look forward to discussing Bethesda and Bethesda-related products with all of you as we await Mr. Howard's arrival on stage so he can officially kick off E3 2017!!!

1446261159427.jpg

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That Battlefront game looks like some good old mindless fun. Otherwise, boring so far.

A horse of course

Daily reminder that Todd has never, ever "lied" about anything that could objectively be characterized as a factual statement that could not be interpreted in a variety of different ways.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Hasn't there been a ton of Kingdom Hearts games for the past 15 years? How can this only be the third one in the mainline series?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hasn't there been a ton of Kingdom Hearts games for the past 15 years? How can this only be the third one in the mainline series?
The other games have stupid ass names that only the Japanese or random name generators could come up with.

Martius

Liturgist
Also all of them were released on different handhelds (at least until remasters on ps3 and ps4) so they probably count as spinoffs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom