Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Garrettt

Educated
Do bethesda or zenimax ever said something about this lacking sales?

I mean zenimax can be shit, but they are not square enix or EA level

I remember reading an interview with the PR guy at Bethesda who commented on sales and success

http://twinfinite.net/2016/09/pete-hines-dishonored-2-fallout-4/

With Dishonored 2 not too far off at this point, Bethesda Softworks’ PR and Marketing boss Pete Hines has recently shared his opinion on the potential success of the highly-anticipated sequel. In comparison to the sales performance of Fallout 4, Hines said:

“We are pretty good at looking at each game and understanding what its potential is. We’re not saying that Doom or Dishonored 2 has to do as well as Fallout 4. I think that would be unfair to those games and studios.”

He goes on:

“I don’t think someone like yourself would ever look at Dishonored 2 and say: ‘Absolutely, that is the same as Skyrim in terms of its potential’. It is a different game from a different studio. It can still achieve enormous success and not be Skyrim.

This is very interesting, as Hines gives us a realistic view of the game’s projected performance. Obviously, Fallout 4 was predicted to have more success, primarily due to the fact that the series has been around a lot longer and has generally had a larger fan following than Dishonored. This is not to say that Doom or Dishonored are worse than Fallout, but they do lack the popularity that Fallout had surrounding the time of Fallout 4’s release.

Harvey Smith speaks like a millenial.

They're really trying to make this "immersive sim" shit terminology stick. It's like "gunplay", "emergent gameplay" or whatever else shit buzzword, I hate it.

Also, minor lip service to Thief (and only Thief 3 at that with a 2 second clip), but they spend 15 minutes interviewing Richard Garriott. Really?

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I find it funny how a basic system of stuff interacting with each other in-game has become such a mysterious thing, now even its own genre. Man, that what I was expecting from games back then. Newer games would just have more and more refined and interesting systems interacting with each other and thus providing unlimited gameplay. But instead gaming took a turn for the worst and made everything static / super heavy scripted. The cinematic age of gaming. I'm glad it is making a come back though, but I'm not sure if it will be on the same level as back then.

These guys are working on the Prey franchise? Hopefully they're hard at work, trying to create alien geometries!

You think they can pull off stuff like portals and antigrav floors? And more importantly, new stuff? I hope so.

Wait, WTF, why no Arx 2?
Arkane's Prey is out buddy
Oh okay. I just bought it.
WAIT, BETHESDA? Dammit!
Fine! They can publish!

Edit - to answer my own question, it looks like they couldn't pull off alien geometries or they didn't want to (at least so far. Maybe it's a spoiler). They can sure create shifting buildings, though. Looks like they really liked that one level from Dishonored 2. This game is cool, though. Same shit all over again plus that mod for Half-Life 2 where people disguise themselves as objects. Plus Alien/Dead Space. Oh, a pistol! I was just looking for that! AAAUGH IT'S A FACEHUGGER NOO!

Dishonored in spaaaace! Wait a minute, that's System Shock, isn't it?

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
They released a new patch out of nowhere:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/403640/announcements/detail/1265922321516998994

Dishonored 2 - Steam Beta Update 4
6 June - JessBethesda

See below for instructions on how to download the Game Update 4 beta which includes various optimizations.

How to access the Steam beta update:
  1. Log into Steam.
  2. Right Click on Dishonored 2 in your Library.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Select Betas.
  5. A drop down menu will appear. Select betapatch – Public.
  6. Select CLOSE.
  7. Wait for the game to update.
  8. When done, Dishonored 2 [betapatch] should appear in your Library.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wonder if they'll remove Denuvo now that it's cracked. Not that it matters for me, anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For people around New York: http://nyugamecenter.tumblr.com/post/159534971398

tumblr_ood1p4V2691rjspoho1_500.jpg

The NYU Game Center Lecture Series Presents Harvey Smith
Thursday, April 20, 7PM
2 Metrotech Center, 8th Floor

Harvey Smith, creative director at Arkane Studios, will join Game Center director Frank Lantz on stage for a guided tour through the hit game Dishonored 2. The event will include a real-time play through of some of the game’s most interesting levels with Smith pointing out various aspects of the game and discussing how they illustrate his design process and the team’s overall creative vision.

Free and open to the public.

RSVP here.

Video is available online:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just finished the game and must say that it is a big disappointment.It begins good but more you play the more annoyed you become.As a whole the game is ok but worst than the firs Dishonored.The guards are hyper sensitive which is ok as an idea but it is poorly implemented in the game because of the time you need to choke someone and then carry him(it takes like 5-6 seconds),if only i had a blackjack.The random bonecharm system is retarded at best.I was playing non-lethal game stealth game and my most useful charm was the faster swimming one.Can anyone guess how frequent you have to swim?
Less than Deus Ex!
The next useful one was the faster choking one and i got it in the last mission.The story was meh and its best point was when i was able to kill the annoying black bitch.What i the least is the level design which was unrealistic and artificial.In the first one there was a good reason for the town being in shitty state and everything falling apart,while here it is falling apart for no reason and the houses and apartments look like no sentient creature is living there.In that regard it felt like a fallout games where you go in a house that have people living in it for the past 50 years and see the burned books and chairs and ask yourself "Why for the past 100-200 years nobody invented new chairs?"As a whole the game is wroth like 20 buck and i ma happy that i waited for the crack.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Out of curiosity did Dishonored 2 do so terrible as to not warrant an expansion? I figured they'd make another expanding on a seperate character like they did in Dishonored 1 with Daude.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The complete lack of wallet destroying DLC and season passes in general over the last 6 months has honestly been weird and surprising.

It honestly makes me worried that studios are completely moving to games as a service freemium models when they're not trying to vacuum every last crumb of my paycheck with their overpriced DLC and map packs.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Out of curiosity did Dishonored 2 do so terrible as to not warrant an expansion? I figured they'd make another expanding on a seperate character like they did in Dishonored 1 with Daude.

How about you fucking wait for another day champ? If it's not announced later today at the Behesda E3 presser, then we may declare it dead.

Jeez.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, standalone adventure featuring Billie Lurk announced:

Prepare to pull off the greatest assassination ever conceived in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. Find more information here: https://beth.games/2r654cw

The notorious Billie Lurk makes her return in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. Reuniting with her mentor – the legendary assassin Daud – Billie will explore the dark underbelly of Karnaca in order to pull off the ultimate assassination: kill the Outsider.

From the award-winning developers at Arkane Studios, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is the first standalone adventure in the critically acclaimed Dishonored series.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider will be available on September 15, 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Not sure if this needs a new thread.

edit: oh well, why not: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...alone-adventure-featuring-billie-lurk.115701/

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
If your have beast PC, performance is great. If not, perf is only good.
I wish they switch to id6 engine for the DLC.

Yeah right, let's just switch engines willy nilly. Like it was that simple. *facepalm*

One thing that helps a lot with frame time stuttering is using an external framerate limiter, like RTSS that's part of MSI Afterburner. The ingame or driver-enforced ones never seem to work properly.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Void used idTech 5 as a basis. You don't simply "switch" over to id Tech 6 without requiring extra 18 months of coding work.... Which I presume is exactly what they're doing right now for Dishonored 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom