Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Executr

Cipher
The only thing of relevance from the EA show:
giphy-1.gif

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So Bioware is developing a game set in postapoc world, and Beth is making a game about space exploration. Funny how they switched roles.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like another Burnout with half the fun taken out like most wanted and hot fursuit, now with epic cinematics. :mixedemotions:

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
Well.... that was pretty boring.

Remember kids, if your audience is interested in video games, don't forget to start your conference with a good 30 minutes of sports. Those are the games that everybody gets excited about and it's a good way to get people pumped for whatever blockbuster you wanna show. Also: Always go back to sports games in between actual video games, so people don't forget about them. It's very important to have as many sports games on the screen as possible.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
waoh a VAMPIRE game from FOCUS ENTERTAINMENT sign me the fuck UP!!! lmao*irony*

DeepOcean

Arcane
Did you notice how incredible this show is? Look to the stage, the two are standing over the disembodied logo of EA , the symbolism is clear, the soul of the megacorporation is on the stage and those two gentlemen grown out of it like flowers from the humid, brown corporate soil, rich on human biological residue. Notice how they don't properly look at each other and how they miss their high five, the symbolism is clear, the choreography of this show is pure art form, they are expressing the tragedy of awkward miscommunication on the mega corporate enviroment and the tragedy of massive screw ups. The power of this failed high five carries fantastic emotional weight, the actors are questioning "If we can't make good high fives, how can you expect us to make good games?"

Definitely, I will watch those guys performance next year, hope they keep on the tragicomedy threater and aren't hired by Hollywood.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, everything looks joylessly generic and soul-crushingly conformist, that "I expected nothing and am still let down" pic perfectly describes this situation. I'm steeling myself for yet another shitty E3 this year, I hope Obsidian can show something worth being excited about. Is there anyone else interesting going to attend?

Rev

Arcane
Not even one game they revealed was remotely interesting. A Way Out could've been so, but they lost me when they said it's co-op only and split-screen only.
Also, it appears that you can't be white and play sports, according to EA. And yeah, let's put a woman as a lead in a WW1 game sure, that makes completely sense.

Sentinel

Arcane
damn niggers are gross

on another note, do we have the list of Developers attending the PC Gaming Show yet? I mean this can't seriously be it, right?
ddcH9gz.png

I thought Obsidian or Larian would be showing something.
Infinitron pls

Last edited:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
yo im glad i seen that broad's tits id fuck her for sure

Also Ace Combat looks hella Nippon, and I'll buy it.

Rev

Arcane
probably the worst ea conference in recent years.
I didn't think they could beat that conference in which everything they shown was some "conceptual footage", but somehow they managed to outdo themselves with this conference. Chapeu, EA. :salute:

toroid

Arcane
Too bad I missed seeing this live. Last year's was fantastic entertainment. Just find a stream incorporating a drinking game and laugh your ass off.

Also Ace Combat looks hella Nippon, and I'll buy it.
Highly skeptical. The last "real" Ace Combat (meaning the last one not designed around mobile devices), Assault Horizon, was totally shit for straying so far from the formula and going full QTE popamole.
According to wikipedia, apparently this one will be designed with VR in mind. So that cannot be a good sign.

Hql3jLT.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
A couple thoughts/questions so far:

That Get Out game seems like...a bad idea. I predict it will fall flat.

So are these Star Wars: Battlefront games basically a mishmash of various action things (i.e. shooting, melee, space combat?, vehicle stuff)?

Why does Battlefield have mounted spearmen in a game with machine guns?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom