Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

flyingjohn

Arcane
Codex favorite emulator pcsx2 has a new progress report:
http://pcsx2.net/283-q1-2017-progress-report.html
Highlights include:
-VU0: fix for Street Fighter EX3 and R: Racing Evolution.Now you get proper street fighter skirt graphics and psychics.
-An actual osd for various gs stuff.
-Skylake performance fixes.
-Improved software rendering.
-gsdx has only 3 builds now:
  • SSE2 - compatible with almost all CPUs.
  • SSE4.1 - compatible with most CPUs (requires Intel Penryn / AMD Bulldozer or newer). Faster hardware renderer performance.
  • AVX2 - least compatible (requires Intel Haswell / AMD Ryzen or newer). Fastest hardware and software renderer performance.
-Better detection of button pressure for games needing it.

All of these thing are only available in the development version of pcsx2.

gsdx_20170521151854u6y52.png

Playing Dororo (Blood Will Tell in the west). It's very clunky as a character action game (can't hold a candle to DmC, etc.) but it's got an interesting story and a nice variety of enemies and scenarios.

I think Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is based on the Japanese version of Valkyrie Profile, which is worse than the American version (there are some improvements in the US revision of the game that weren't kept in VPL - like inventory sorting, equipping shit on inactive party members, etc).

VPL has CG cutscenes in place of the animu scenes of the first game, though. In any case I wouldn't use PCSX2 for PS1 games, why not use BeetlePSX (Mednafen) or something more accurate?

Vorark

Erudite
Interesting news on the 3DS font: 3DS-FUSE. Seems like it's a utility to mount .cias on the PC, which could eventually lead to good things on the Citra front.

flyingjohn

Arcane

Another cemu version another small increase in accuracy toward Zelda.
Maybe in 10 years time we will get actual non zelda stuff.
Luckily the patreon is not going up.
Oh and xbox emulation is a thing now it seems:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is based on the Japanese version of Valkyrie Profile, which is worse than the American version (there are some improvements in the US revision of the game that weren't kept in VPL - like inventory sorting, equipping shit on inactive party members, etc).

VPL has CG cutscenes in place of the animu scenes of the first game, though. In any case I wouldn't use PCSX2 for PS1 games, why not use BeetlePSX (Mednafen) or something more accurate?

Yeah, since I tried them both recently, I can confirm that those quality of life improvements make the american version superior, undub or no undub.

deuxhero

Arcane
But can it run Pinball Deluxe?

Also: Anyone have a .sav or PCSX2 memory card file with a fully completed Digital Devil Saga 1 save?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Any recent unofficial builds of Citra that support the geometry shader? The latest official builds no longer support it for now making games like Fire Emblem: Awakening unplayable due to the glitchy graphic effects that cover the whole screen and the older builds that did support it are fairly unstable and crash every few minutes.

spekkio

Arcane
Does that include the dialog options to recruit Heat and the "we will help them without betrayal" bonus?
I didn't get Heat in the end, so I screwed sth up, not sure if in 1 or 2, though. As for the "betrayal": yes, AFAIR.

Maybe try describing what you really want in more detail next time? :roll:

LJ40

Cipher
^
Yes. Only some optional bosses killed, though (bro snowman, butthurt fly):

https://www.mediafire.com/?j6zbab96thlb4t8

Does that include the dialog options to recruit Heat and the "we will help them without betrayal" bonus? I knew about Gamefaqs's save list and wouldn't have asked if they had one that wasn't in PS3 format.
GameFAQs has 2 saves for DDS1, and only one of them is for PS3 (Not sure if the other is 100% though).

Also, http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS3-to-PCSX2 these people seem to have a way to just use the PS3 save anyway.

spekkio

Arcane
Maybe try describing what you really want in more detail next time? :roll:

I asked for a PCSX2 memory card file or a .sav file.
And that's exactly what I uploaded. :roll:
But I didn't know about you wanting "dialog options to recruit Heat and the "we will help them without betrayal" bonus", and that's what my post you cited was about, not the file format.
I hope you got it this time. If not, re-roll with higher INT.

deuxhero

Arcane
Oh. Those are two bonuses you can get in DDS2. There's a bonus skill DDS2 if you selected the "we will help them without betrayal" dilaog option early on in DDS1. Thought you would know that.

Also converted the PS3 save and it doesn't work. Shows up on the PS2 bios but neither DDS sees it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom