Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance to be delivered on February 13th, 2018

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

It's been over a year since the release of the beta for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Warhorse Studios' ambitious historical action-RPG set in 15th century Bohemia. The game was delayed to 2017 back around last May, and for a while people were worried about its progress, but in recent months it's been looking increasingly promising as the final bits of polish come together, including celebrity voice acting from the likes of BRIAN BLESSED. Today, it finally has a release date. That's right, February 13th, 2018. I guess in a game like this, even the final bits of polish take a lot of time. As the trailer will show you, it's come a long way since the "Bohemian village simulator" of the alpha and beta.

The Hussite Wars: This time it's personal. Yeah, Warhorse are definitely making a play for the Witcher 3 audience here. And with CD Projekt tied up with Cyberpunk 2077 for the foreseeable future, they might just succeed.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Plain looking women, no dragons, no magical fireworks or seductive sorceresses... Decline.

Looks very interesting and it's great that we're not getting another fantasy RPG but because of the above it won't sell as well as Skyrim or even Witcher 3. Graphic wise it's exquisite and minimal requirements reflect that. It would be nice to see it succeed but I'm not too optimistic.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even if it looks nice, without magic and crap, I'm starting to be a bit bored of the medieval setting.

We need fresh ideas for the genre.

Sentinel

Arcane
Voice acting is terrible. Lip-sync is pretty much non existent. Can already see the story is going to be dumb boring derivative shit, and 90% chance the game will run like ass. Don't have any hope for gameplay after the beta.

I'll pass and wait for M&B2.

Pentagon

Educated
> 15th Century Bohemia
> Trailer features British Isles accents

Between everybody in Deus Ex: MD's Prague speaking with a Russian accent and this, I guess no voice actors in Czechia can speak English?

himmy

Arcane
Brian Blessed repeatedly calling video games "playstations" is the greatest thing that ever happened to this industry.

Paul_cz

Arcane
> 15th Century Bohemia

Between everybody in Deus Ex: MD's Prague speaking with a Russian accent and this, I guess no voice actors in Czechia can speak English?

It is much better for british actors to speak with their own british accent than with fake czech accent.
And obviously czech actors were out of the question for english voice acting, that would be a shit show for the ages.
Czech voice acting with czech actors might be done in the future, but with the smallish budget, it is not a priority.

RPK

Scholar
Even if it looks nice, without magic and crap, I'm starting to be a bit bored of the medieval setting.

We need fresh ideas for the genre.
it could be argued that skipping magic and dragons and fantasy monsters is a fresh idea.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Cool stuff but I still haven't seen an up to date combat video.

Yeah, this is important. We need an updated beta IMHO since they claim to have added tons of new weapons to the combat system, but we have no way to try them out. Having a new demo would give backers some reassurance that we are not heading towards another NMS tier fiasco.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I thought this was going to be more open-world-ish free form than a narrative.

vazha

Arcane
Needs more explosives, so that we can actually blast people to Kingdom Come. :M
what kind of explosives did they used to have in 1500 Bohemia? sure, there was artillery and first early-form handguns/muskets, but explosives you'd be able to throw?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will be a good bargain bin Gothic style game. So long as the devs don't go bust and can patch the inevitable issues.

Needs more explosives, so that we can actually blast people to Kingdom Come. :M
what kind of explosives did they used to have in 1500 Bohemia? sure, there was artillery and first early-form handguns/muskets, but explosives you'd be able to throw?

They had those clay grenades. Hell at the time they even had primitive grenade launchers of a sort: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016...-used-from-the-1500s-through-the-early-1800s/

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
> 15th Century Bohemia

I've always intensely fucking disliked actors imitating foreign languages by speaking with a stiff tongue and sounding all retarded. Plus what's even the point of trying to be historically accurate when you're dealing with a 600 years old language? It's as far from modern Czech as English is from German today.

Looks very interesting and it's great that we're not getting another fantasy RPG but because of the above it won't sell as well as Skyrim or even Witcher 3. Graphic wise it's exquisite and minimal requirements reflect that. It would be nice to see it succeed but I'm not too optimistic.

Nobody has the faintest idea what's the mass-market demand for non-fantasy RPGs because nobody has ever made one (except Darklands, when there was no mass-market in videogames yet). It may be a total flop, it may also be a moderate or even smash hit.

Personally I don't see any reason why non-fantasy setting should be a problem in gaemz when it's completely normal in movies. Braveheart or Gladiator are commercial gold mines and nobody seems to care there are no dragons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom