Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Also, prose in the middle of dialogue. I thought Chris Avellone was against that now?

When its voiced.

Quillon

Arcane
MCA realized he's going no where with passive aggressiveness against Obs, he decided to utilize Obs' trade secretz he helped created.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
dat big "CONTINUE" button is pretty ugly. Looks out of place with the remaining UI.

Videos are cool. Not backing anyway. I will never back anything again.
WHEN it comes out and IF it's good I'll buy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's back! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1907449

Build the Kingdom YOU want!

Pathfinders!

One big and important part of our game is the kingdom feature. We don't want the kingdom to be a simple gimmick - imagine the kingdom like an extra companion. So you rightfully wanted to know - what does that mean? How does it work? What does it do? Enjoy our latest update and learn more about the Kingdom feature!

28f272767ef1fb7fc783b586935ab4e4_original.png

Posters

Some of you asked for higher resolution assets suitable for printing. Check out our poster-sized versions here:

Horizontal:

Vertical:

Hail to the kings!

Owlcats.

b4bc9f676cdf60ef1ab0238e4caaf649_original.png

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted

Sizzle

Arcane
I wonder if the kingdom building is gonma like king of dragon pass.

I doubt the PC will get to go on a trippy hero quest involving recreating the creation myths of their gods :D

No, but seriously, to me this looks more like a combination of NWN2's Crossroad Keep management, and PoE/DA:I "sitting on a throne making decisions, then realizing that, even though you are a ruler, you have no one to send when an actual problem pops up, and that you'll have to go out there personally to kill shit that needs killin'" mechanics :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wonder if the kingdom building is gonma like king of dragon pass.

I doubt the PC will get to go on a trippy hero quest involving recreating the creation myths of their gods :D

No, but seriously, to me this looks more like a combination of NWN2's Crossroad Keep management, and PoE/DA:I "sitting on a throne making decisions, then realizing that, even though you are a ruler, you have no one to send when an actual problem pops up, and that you'll have to go out there personally to kill shit that needs killin'" mechanics :D
Actually they talked in the video how some problems you can assign to others to deal with and depending on who you send you are going to get different results. A greedy person will kill the bandits, take half the loot and give half to you but your subjects will be unhappy. A Good character will only kill the bandit leader, and give all gold back to your subjects raising happiness and morale but leave you with less money and still some bandits to deal with.

Andhaira

Arcane
From their poster I can see the Magus will be a playable class. That's good because it's my favorite Pathfinder class.

I really hope they allow full party generation instead of retarded single PC plus recruitable companions. The adventure path is supposed to be played with a custom group from the get go. And no, don't go with both; that way I am always inclined to go with recruits because I feel like I miss out by not selecting developer made NPCs.

My first party for now subject to change):

Human or Elven Magus
Human Wizard
Human or Half Orc Paladin
Human or Half Orc Barbarian or Fighter (or multiclass)
Half-Orc Ranger (possible multiclass with Barbarian)
Human Cleric

Maybe switch out a Sorcerer with one of the above.

ArchAngel

Arcane
From their poster I can see the Magus will be a playable class. That's good because it's my favorite Pathfinder class.

I really hope they allow full party generation instead of retarded single PC plus recruitable companions. The adventure path is supposed to be played with a custom group from the get go. And no, don't go with both; that way I am always inclined to go with recruits because I feel like I miss out by not selecting developer made NPCs.

My first party for now subject to change):

Human or Elven Magus
Human Wizard
Human or Half Orc Paladin
Human or Half Orc Barbarian or Fighter (or multiclass)
Half-Orc Ranger (possible multiclass with Barbarian)
Human Cleric

Maybe switch out a Sorcerer with one of the above.
They said atm there is no way to make a custom party. But a few of us asked for that in the comments, who knows, maybe they implement something like that until release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom