Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They are talking about the names of the difficulty levels, and while they indicate there's rules implementation, they nowhere near confirm it. If it were so, why not just say it?

Fingers crossed, but I'm not convinced. If it does have full implementation, I am backing the shit outta this.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
They are talking about the names of the difficulty levels, and while they indicate there's rules implementation, they nowhere near confirm it. If it were so, why not just say it?

Fingers crossed, but I'm not convinced. If it does have full implementation, I am backing the shit outta this.
I and others asked them about it in the comments, they confirmed it will be close to tabletop. They confirmed spellcasting like TT (including metamagic - in the GIF you can see quickened spell use) and resting rules. Also they mentioned game having skills like Perception that help with finding more loot and stuff.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah it seems to be confirmed. Still a liiiittle sceptical about "to be as close to" statement, but we're nearly there.

1G1UZRf.png

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah it seems to be confirmed. Still a liiiittle sceptic about "to be as close to" statement, but we're nearly there.

1G1UZRf.png
NWN 2 was closer to 3.5 than BG was to AD&D. If it is anything between those two games it will be OK.

I read somewhere it already has a Power Attack togglable and stuff. Also it already has a combat log and in the future it will be similar to PoE with extra info you get by mousing over results you see in it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Agreed. I just want a firm, no-bullshit declaration that that will be the case before I'm 100% convinced.

Darkzone

Arcane
The Troll fighting scene is an off turner for me, but the other things look quite good. To be honest i trust currently the russians more than the americans to deliver a good cRPG and i will order the collectors edition on amazon, if it is out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Troll fighting scene is an off turner for me, but the other things look quite good. To be honest i trust currently the russians more than the americans to deliver a good cRPG and i will order the collectors edition on amazon, if it is out.

the blood spurting out of nowhere and lacj of coherent feedback in attacks makes it super jarring and uncomfortable to look at

ArchAngel

Arcane
I managed to get some cool info out of them:
What I can tell you right now about the AI is that we are striving to make spellcasting enemies truly formidable opponents. Regarding dying characters, we will have a core rules setting, which handles death and dying just like tabletop rules. Character gets unconscious in negative hp and starts dying, could be stabilized... if they reach - CON value - they die and you have to find some form of resurrection. There will be less punishing difficulty settings for those, who prefer a more casual experience.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if modding tools will be on the table (stretch goals), maybe some multiplayer? YEAH I KNOW! I WANT ANOTHER NWN! SHUT UP

PrettyDeadman

It says that guys from OwlHat worked on Silent Storm and Evil Islands. If it is strue then they are much better rpg-company than obsidian/inixle could ever hope to be. I am backing it after further investigation on the degree of their involvement in Silent Storm and Evil Islands. I'll keep you updated.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1905663

You are truly amazing!

Our campaign has launched 24 hours ago and you have already pledged 36% of our funding goal. We are extremely happy and excited by your support and would like to thank you for believing in us!

If you want to help us even more, tell your friends about us! If you know people, who love Pathfinder, tabletop role-playing and CRPGs, let them know about our campaign. Our game will become bigger and better with every new fan we can reach - and you can help us achieve that goal!

Many of you were full of questions about game mechanics and their translation from tabletop Pathfinder into our game. We are preparing our next update right now, which will shed some light into some of these mechanics.

Sincerely yours, Owlcats

915c527b13a41cc67380214e42241bf8_original.png

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It says that guys from OwlHat worked on Silent Storm and Evil Islands. If it is strue then they are much better rpg-company than obsidian/inixle could ever hope to be. I am backing it after further investigation on the degree of their involvement in Silent Storm and Evil Islands. I'll keep you updated.
wait, they worked on silent storm?

Mazisky

Magister
Tbh i really like the art style, it reminds me a bit of Diablo 3. Nobody will admict it, but it's better going cartoonish and colorful than going realistic and totally dull and flat

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Tbh i really like the art style, it reminds me a bit of Diablo 3. Nobody will admict it, but it's better going cartoonish and colorful than going realistic and totally dull and flat

I do think bright colors and contrast are very helpful for making things pop off the screen and making everything visually interesting. I still prefer realism over cartoonishness when it comes to actual people and places, but I think there's a nice middle ground with a well-realized, non-cartoony world, where the colors and contrast are turned up to something other than a 'realistic' portrayal.

PrettyDeadman

wait, they worked on silent storm?
Yeah, it seems that they are former Nival Interactive employees - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/creator_bio

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The dev-descriptions on the web-page have an endearing awkwardness to them:

LaPsB62.png

At least we know dese guys are some hueg nerds

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Was willig to donate a few hundred dollars to this. But RTwP? Fuck off.

WHY???
To be honest Evil Islands was realtime and had pause (but it wasn't a typical rtwp like bg where you still had turns which happened in realtime) and it is 100% superior to any western rpg.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Was willig to donate a few hundred dollars to this. But RTwP? Fuck off.

WHY???
Because in the last couple of years we have had Divinity, W2,new Torment, Underail, AOD, dungeon rats, 3 shadowrun games, legends of eisenwald, 2 expedition games (vikings, conquistadors), 2 blackguard games. Dead state, 2 banner saga games. I m sure there is more. Is that now enough of turn based combat for you???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom