Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spiderweb The best beginning in an RPG

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Spore had a great beginning and some of the best character customization of any rpg ever made.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
>Favourite:

-Morrowind :

A perfect game start. Simple, fast and direct. You are droped off in an unknown land, create your guy, given a objective you can chose to ignore (but provides you with enough context) and that it. You can start enjoying the game after 1 minute of play time, wich is awesome when you are playing it again (in most games nowadays beginings take too fucking long wich for newer playtroughs it becomes a chore).

>Other Good ones:

- Dark Souls : Again you can get over it in 4 minutes. It provides you with the game's goal and the basics to survive the jorney. Also like the fact that your first enemy is the Boss of the level.

- Gothic 2 :

"You died after killing the last game's final boss. I revived you."
"Thanks man!"
"There are fucking orcs invading the land. They are leaded by some motherfucking mages. And those pricks have dragons. You have to KILL 'EM ALLL!!!"
"But how the fuck I do that. I am a level 1 scrub."
"Go to the Paladins in da City. They have magic 'n shit."
"OFF TO ADVENTURE!!"
"Godspeed little one."

- Wizardry 6.

- Deus Ex

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom