Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
No, I was more concerned about whether there were actual potential legal issues with including LGBT representation, given Russia's propaganda laws. Wasn't the Overwatch holiday comic banned there over the Tracer reveal?

I don't actually know if that even applies to games developed in Russia for other markets or only games released in the Russian market, but it was a thought that came to mind.

Cheers, actually I wasn't aware of the Overwatch story and turns out the legislation has gotten worse just in recent years. The game likely won't be out for until after the next election though so anything's possible.

:excellent:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I got to play the demo, and it was a ton of fun. Some things I learned and liked: while combat was pausible real time as stated, it moved more slowly than other games, and felt like there was enough time to actually line up attacks and give orders, instead of pause, give all orders, unpause and try to follow all that happened at once.

Tripping is in, power attack as a setting is in, channelling and spontaneous healing is in. Fighting defensively is in. Super detailed character screens with lots of information. There are feats from many books beyond core. The wizard default character I had had both evocation spell focus and elemental spell focus.

There was some cool example kingdom events, which definitely expanded the story of the campaign, and some of the encounters showed one way they'll be expanding the adventuring storyline in a pretty smart way.

One of the developers also mentioned that a) everyone on the team is playing the tabletop campaign (with 4 different games to accommodate them all), and b) they've talked with all of the Paizo staff who worked on the AP, and have gotten contact information to reach out to the freelancers who worked on it as well.

They also mentioned that they're planning on doing a capstone adventure to take place after the end of the AP (and presumably taking characters up to 20th level, which they separately stated was their plan.)

I asked about mass combat, and they said it would be included as one of the kickstarter stretch goals in some form, but probably not as in depth as the Ultimate Campaign rules. Also, that for that section of the AP they'd add in more content for the PCs to do in adventuring mode like missions behind enemy lines, etc.

There's probably more, if I remember anything else I'll post here.

Possible incline. Seems like they are going for proper IE gameplay.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I have a feeling that this is going to be a first kickstarter RPG that is not going to reach the target sum. MCA alone is not enough to sell a game anymore and i doubt many people remember cursed lands ( not a bad game though).

I'm probably going to grab a copy when paypal becomes an option (kickstarter hates my cards). For one thing they are starting from a existing pnp ruleset. I like this, as I believe that a ruleset designed specifically for a computer game will always feel more... gamey than one adapted from pnp. So hopefully no +7% damage, -13% speed and all that percentage crap where you need a spreadsheet or DPS (oh how I hate that stat) to see how much hurt you are dealing out. It's RTwP, sure, but they seem to be going for slower ie style gameplay, so there's a good chance combat will be at least passable. Now they just need good story and writing (hopefully MCA will help with that) and we might actually get something good from kickstarter for once.

getter77

Augur
It isn't blowing the doors off in terms of funding pace right out of the gate, but $75K after some hours is far from a sign of doom----still ample chance depending on what updates they have planned and actual news coverage making the rounds.

Tigranes

Arcane
Pitch sounds cool, and it seems more substantial and less Miltiades compared to SCL or Dragonspear, but really, it's easy to promise old school formula, what matters is the execution.

I'll buy it if the gameplay videos / Codexer impressions are good.

MCA endorsement/involvement means nothing these days, wouldn't be surprised to see dude on the next Bethesda Fallout at this rate

Rev

Arcane
MCA endorsement/involvement means nothing these days, wouldn't be surprised to see dude on the next Bethesda Fallout at this rate
I don't think we'll see him there, Bethesda sold millions of copies without him and many of their fans probably don't even know him, so his presence wouldn't be as useful to hype the game as it is on a game made by some (relatively) unknown russian devs.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Backed. 25% in the first day -should- equal funding by the end of the campaign, but I guess we'll see.

crickets on the obsidian twitter...

I assume Obsdian will tweet about it at some point. Them having their own Pathfinder product that they're bringing to PC/Steam in less than two weeks makes it all a bit weird though.

Prime Junta

Looks and sounds generic as fuck if not downright ugly. Muh aesthetics... :(

Other than that I liked the pitch.

Will hold for a now, maybe chip in later. If there's a Codex fundraiser...

DemonKing

Arcane
Managed to get an early-bird backing in (usually by the time I wake up downunder the US backers have nabbed them all). Hope this one reaches its goal.

EDIT: Cucked again. Apparently there were early bird tiers of $20 and $22 that sold out before I woke up. My "early bird" tier is $25.

:decline:

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Backed. 25% in the first day -should- equal funding by the end of the campaign, but I guess we'll see.

crickets on the obsidian twitter...

I assume Obsdian will tweet about it at some point. Them having their own Pathfinder product that they're bringing to PC/Steam in less than two weeks makes it all a bit weird though.

Seems like Obsidian and some of the developers at Owlcat collaborated on Skyforge (2015) so they should be friends.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Managed to get an early-bird backing in (usually by the time I wake up downunder the US backers have nabbed them all). Hope this one reaches its goal.

EDIT: Cucked again. Apparently there were early bird tiers of $20 and $22 that sold out before I woke up. My "early bird" tier is $25.

:decline:
Lol, they opened a 3rd early bird. haha. I never seen that before.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Every early bird increase a bit in price :)
that's genius! create new early bird tiers with each tier being halfway between the previous and the non early bird tier.
I really hope they'll get the kingdom part right, but it's probably a long shot.
Willpower check failed, :takemymoney:.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Recording of the Paizocon seminar: http://knowdirectionpodcast.com/2017/06/paizocon-2017-002-kingmaker-crpg/

http://knowdirectionpodcast.com/podcasts/PC2017-002-KingmakerCRPG.mp3

Welcome to the Know Direction podcast network’s PaizoCon 2017 seminar coverage!

002 – Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG
Paizo’s newest foray into computer gaming comes in the form of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, a singleplayer CRPG adaptation of the popular Kingmaker Adventure Path! Play a full demo of the game near registration, and come to this seminar to learn directly from the designers working on it.
Speakers: Lisa Stevens, Oleg Shpilchevsky, Aleksandr Mishulin, Chris Avellone

Note: In order to release these seminars in as timely a manner as possible, our seminar coverage is only lightly edited. There may be some NSFW language, and some audio might be harder to hear than others.

Video:

And Gamespot interview: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pathfinder-kingmaker-kickstarter-rides-the-wave-of/1100-6450570/

Reinhardt

Arcane
Because if the campaign doesn't make the base funding goal we'd have to refund your money.
42e.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why are they so vague about the ruleset? Can't help being worried this will be some gimmicky MMO-like implementation of """"""""""""""""Pathfinder"""""""""""""""" rules

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom