Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker now on Kickstarter

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Are those the companions or what? It's like they're copy/pasted from Numanuma.

I'm sure the gay half-orc would be a compelling character, though, what with being hated for both his race and his sexual orientation. :(
It's russian game tho, doubt there will be gayz.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ucs9&page=2?Pathfinder-Kingmaker-Announced

And with Russian devs, I can't help but worry about whether the game will reflect Pathfinder's embracing of the queer community. Jessica Price reassured me on Twitter that "[Paizo is] working closely with them to make sure it's true to our company values" and I mean, I trust her, but...

Rev

Arcane
The devs themselves probably don't give a shit about "inclusiveness", but they'll be forced to add some token minorities or gay characters by Paizo to appease Pathfinder fans.

Don Peste

Arcane
Is he blind? :|

YplYp2a.png

Don Peste

Arcane
Hey there, I'm Chris Avellone. I'm a middle-aged guy, I've worked on a bunch of games. I haven't worked on this franchise yet. Let's hope this Pathfinder game can bring Pathfinder to video-games.

Then Stan comes in, waving his hands, selling you something again.

Then Russian Richard Ayoade, and the rest of the IT crowd.

Finally, more MCA begging... :negative:

Great video. Remind me of this:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why does a page with a video to watch also include 100 mb worth of animated gifs?

I appreciate their saying ahead of time that the physical copy they're offering will be linked to Steam. Passing.

Tentatively interested. I liked some of the past Nival productions and their one was the last good HoMM as far as I'm concerned.

Admittedly I lost track of their recent output and I wasn't too impressed with the general art direction in the video (and even less with animations), but let's hope they'll be able to improve on it.

I also thrown up a bit when I noticed how close to PoE the UI looks during certain actions, but maybe it's placeholder.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I appreciate their saying ahead of time that the physical copy they're offering will be linked to Steam.

Ah, they're also in the business of making coasters.

Soon they'll be selling shoes. Or tracksuits.

Delterius

Arcane
Genius tactic. Nobody even understands what the devs are saying and they are backing it regardless. He could be promising soil erosion for all I know but I still hear what I want to hear.

I like pathfinder on PnP. I like Eador Genesis and that was made by the Russians. Doesn't look terrible, and it will be better than PoE (which isn't saying much). I guess I will back it.

Barbarian

Arcane
Oh boy, I predict NWN2 OC all over again. Just kidding. I would have backed for Avellone's participation alone but this made me back off:

the story and quests have been expanded by RPG writer Chris Avellone

Having MCA write a couple of npcs and quests isn't enough to save a game, as POE has shown well enough. A game where he was lead designer or at least lead writer would be a different story.

WOW style models and artwork look like crap btw. I wish someone would have the idea of making a game like this using the art style of oldtimes pen and paper books. Imagine a game with that sweet 80's fantasy style.

Barbarian

Arcane
Btw, do we have any kickstarted adventure or rpg so far that didn't end up as a either a massive disappointment or vaporware?

mondblut

Arcane
I wish someone would have the idea of making a game like this using the art style of oldtimes pen and paper books. Imagine a game with that sweet 80's fantasy style.

You want to trigger the paizo fanbase into seizure with this raycis sexis transhomophoby?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom