Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Drakron

Arcane
Reminded me the other day I saw a blue haired gal and later a pink one. I thought they only existed on the SJW infested internet hellholes and animu. They ARE REAL! :negative:

Dyed hair been around for a long time, it was most recently associated with the Punk culture, not animu.

Padzi

Arbiter
Probably some sjw blacklist bot banned me. This is modern gaming.

Nay, thats just Twitter ... are you actually banned or just blocked because there are some SWJ-block bots but that is not for the entire Twitter, just the special people with their special needs that need to be protected from reality that use them.

Yeah, I meant blocked not banned. I used a wrong word here, sorry for that.
I was blocked by her after not even tweeting at her, so yeah it was probably a SJW-block bot.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Dyed hair been around for a long time, it was most recently associated with the Punk culture, not animu.

Huh, didn't know about it. Learning something new everyday, thanks. :salute:

I wouldn't say most recently. Or even first. I think weirdos in LA started it then it trickled to the punk and mohawks, etc. But I also think popular culture used it as much such as Loper and Boy George.

I am speaking about non-natural colors. Non-natural was only briefly a punk thing. Real punk, which morphed into hardcore. Not the teeny pop LA bullshit that became popular in the mid to late 90s. Even the Cult, Pixies, Van Morrison people weren't hair dyers in my day. I think the flashy pomp focused California skaters did it, but California is full of fucking idiots and hillbillies. Civilized people from Massachusetts and RI. And our less civilized NY and NJ neighbors are really the only ones that count. Chicago a little if you discount it is surrounded by thousands of miles of nothing and is almost as bad as Detroit was in its heyday now.

Vorark

Erudite
^ Fairly informative post.

The girls I saw were probably around 16~18. Might be a new trend between the young'uns to dye hair in unnatural colors.

Drakron

Arcane
I wouldn't say most recently.

Well most recently been Tumblarinas but to me its hard to say were exactly did they cultural appropriated it from since Tumblr have no cultural identity per say, then again calling Tumblr a "culture" would be a oxymoron.

schaltbock

Novice
New patch out today. BioWare has been working on some... important fixes lmao

Expanded Male Romance Options for Scott Ryder
Scott Ryder can now pursue Jaal as a romance option. There are several important reasons for this change:

Scott Ryder did not have a same-sex squadmate available as a romance option, nor could the achievement for completing three romances be achieved with only male same-sex partners. And as the angara have expressed their fluidity in how they perceive gender, it seemed only natural that Scott could have a relationship with Jaal.

However, we understand that a character’s orientation is an important part of what makes them feel real. The relationships with your crew are some of the most loved and cherished parts of our games, so we wanted to make sure we got it right. We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios. After carefully considering all feedback, we decided this was an important change to make, and one that made sense for Jaal, Scott, and the angara.

Our writing, editing, and animation teams worked together to ensure this change made sense for Jaal’s character, and the result is a relationship we hope feels as fulfilling and memorable for Scott as it does for Sara.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/06/06/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-08-notes/

Deleted member 7219

Scott Ryder can now pursue Jaal as a romance option. There are several important reasons for this change:

Scott Ryder did not have a same-sex squadmate available as a romance option, nor could the achievement for completing three romances be achieved with only male same-sex partners. And as the angara have expressed their fluidity in how they perceive gender, it seemed only natural that Scott could have a relationship with Jaal.

However, we understand that a character’s orientation is an important part of what makes them feel real. The relationships with your crew are some of the most loved and cherished parts of our games, so we wanted to make sure we got it right. We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios. After carefully considering all feedback, we decided this was an important change to make, and one that made sense for Jaal, Scott, and the angara.

Our writing, editing, and animation teams worked together to ensure this change made sense for Jaal’s character, and the result is a relationship we hope feels as fulfilling and memorable for Scott as it does for Sara.

Got their priorities straight. More important to make a relationship simulator than a good game.

DemonKing

Arcane
We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios.

No need to consult with straight, white males I guess because we'd only say we want better gameplay or something inane like that.

WTF kind of world are we living in where you can't put out a patch without consulting minority groups first? It's like they think this is some kind of government focus group. Meanwhile the vast majority of people stop buying their games because the option to have a homosexual romance with a space lobster is actually of no interest to 99% of the population.

DemonKing

Arcane
"Hey Bioware, I have this radical new concept. I want to roleplay a straight character that only screws around with their own spieces. Currently in ME:A I can't get the achievement for romancing three NPCs as there aren't enough that meet my character's preferences. When are you going to patch this in for me or is my request too racist?"

:roll:

Sykar

Arcane

Got their priorities straight. More important to make a relationship simulator than a good game.

Too bad that the game is batshit retarded even as a relationship simulator...

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This patch confirms (or re-confirms, rather) that Bioware has learned nothing. It literally doesn't matter if they bend over backwards to please teh gays or teh trannies. It only wastes time on things that may or may not matter to a miniscule fraction of the potential players of their game.

Translation for corporate: you're wasting money on things that are not going to make you money. It's a money sink, if you will. That's bad.

Drakron

Arcane
So in short ...

Patch notes:
Adding more Homo because not enough Homo for Homo achievement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom