Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aw damn. Missed it too. 20 bucks was a good deal, 28 is bit too much for now. I guess i will wait a while and see more of their pitch before putting 28 dolla

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
LOL, Chris looked like he has just woken up and got out of bed.

I've almost backed, but I've manned up and restrained myself. I don't want to spend money on games right now.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For not launching with a lot of fanfare, it's actually not doing that bad. $30k already. It's definitely going to make it. The question is if people will bother to back after it reaches its goal.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Going to be delightful if this ends up better than ToEE.

With Chris writing, at least (some of) the writing will be.

Its RTwP. How could it be better?
The same way some of the Infinity Engine games are better than ToEE, even though they are RTwP.

None of them are. If the majority of the game is combat, and combat is shit on games x-y, but great in z, game Z is better by logic, reason, and math. If you have shitty taste in rpg systems and combat you sure could enjoy the games with pretty much zero chardev and shit combat more than the far superior game. But that is due to wanting games to be something other than good games. Like good interactive novels, or slightly interactive movies. As long as these things we play are games, the objectively better game with better systems (and rpg systems in the case of an rpg) win.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Recording of the Paizocon seminar: http://knowdirectionpodcast.com/2017/06/paizocon-2017-002-kingmaker-crpg/

http://knowdirectionpodcast.com/podcasts/PC2017-002-KingmakerCRPG.mp3

Welcome to the Know Direction podcast network’s PaizoCon 2017 seminar coverage!

002 – Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG
Paizo’s newest foray into computer gaming comes in the form of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, a singleplayer CRPG adaptation of the popular Kingmaker Adventure Path! Play a full demo of the game near registration, and come to this seminar to learn directly from the designers working on it.
Speakers: Lisa Stevens, Oleg Shpilchevsky, Aleksandr Mishulin, Chris Avellone

Note: In order to release these seminars in as timely a manner as possible, our seminar coverage is only lightly edited. There may be some NSFW language, and some audio might be harder to hear than others.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dear god why did they put these guys to talk so much in the KS video? You barely understand what they're saying... Get some native English speaker to talk..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can tell that the second guy learned English from somebody with a British accent.

pomenitul

Arbiter
The KS video yeah they shoulda spoken in russian and added subtitles and/or put their pretty face on camera instead. From the group shot at the end it seems like they have at least one.

That was my first instinct as well but I kind of admire their nerdy candour.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dear god why did they put these guys to talk so much in the KS video? You barely understand what they're saying... Get some native English speaker to talk..
This! I didn't understand half of what the first ruskie guy's said.
I was willing to fund the game when I was listening Chris and the Pazio guy talking. And then I started listening the commies and my will to pledge has diminished.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Or just speak in russian and use subtitles, ffs. :negative:

Then i can at least hear what developers of Аллоды have to say in ridna mova.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ucs9&page=2?Pathfinder-Kingmaker-Announced

And with Russian devs, I can't help but worry about whether the game will reflect Pathfinder's embracing of the queer community. Jessica Price reassured me on Twitter that "[Paizo is] working closely with them to make sure it's true to our company values" and I mean, I trust her, but... show me, because what we've got so far doesn't look much...

So... is casual racism in suspecting specific people of homophobia just because they are Russians OK these days? Flagged your post to check.

"Soviet government is homophobic" and "Soviets overwhelmingly support and approve of their government" are facts.

These faggots have detailed knowledge of our LGBT rights situation but are not aware that Soviet Union was dissolved 26 years ago?:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom