Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite Bethesda game?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Mine is the first Fallout.

vKAwdAU.png

TC Jr

Scholar
Fallout 3, before Bethesda got all derpy this was the last true AAA RPG and basically improves upon oblivion.. infact take oblivion and stick guns in it. It's like poetry

Citizen

I'd say daggerfall. The game felt rushed and uncomplete, but it seemed like it had so much potential to become the ultimate sandbox dungeon crawler. Huge open world, huge generated dungeons, variety of enemies, cool spellcasting system, poisons, deceases, holydays in cities, seatravelling, climbing - it had so many good ideas. I wish beth wouldn't become shit, because if they would countinue what they began in DF, their next games could have become eternal masterpieces.

Fallout 3, of course. I liked that they learned on their mistakes after their first two fallouts, and removed all the shit.

cpmartins

Cipher
Whatever their next Masterpiece© is, I'm sure it will surpass whatever wonders their vast catalog already possess.
So, TES <CURRENT>+1 or FALLOUT <CURRENT>+1, or whatever the fourchannings are speculating about.

Alkarl

Learned
Whatever their next Masterpiece© is, I'm sure it will surpass whatever wonders their vast catalog already possess.
So, TES <CURRENT>+1 or FALLOUT <CURRENT>+1, or whatever the fourchannings are speculating about.

Yes, but will it be better than Home Alone on NES?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
That card game. Think it's called Hearthstone or something like that. Pretty deep mechanics, imo.

ore clover

Learned
For me it's a tossup between Daggerfall and Morrowind. I like them for different reasons, though, so I can't say which I prefer.

However, neither of those compare to their true magnum opus:

536.jpg

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Oblivion. I'll never ascend the euphoria from slaughtering unicorns.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
How long until bethesda makes Fallout. And subsequently removes all traces of the original Fallout from steam and any other store? They've done it with Doom & Prey, it's only a matter of time.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
How long until bethesda makes Fallout. And subsequently removes all traces of the original Fallout from steam and any other store? They've done it with Doom & Prey, it's only a matter of time.
lol what? All the previous Doom games are still there on Steam, the classics, original D3 + expansion, and remastered D3.

Prey 2006 was removed for completely unrelated reasons. IIRC, it was removed from Steam because they actually ran out of CD keys for it. There are no more possible combinations of the key for the system that they used. For some reason it would require a major rewrite of the code to change the CD key system.

Last edited:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
lol what? All the previousl Doom games are still there on Steam, the classics, original D3 + expansion, and remastered D3.

Prey 2006 was removed for completely unrelated reasons. IIRC, it was removed from Steam because they actually ran out of CD keys for it. There are no more possible combinations of the key for the system that they used. For some reason it would require a major rewrite of the code to change the CD key system.
Okay, fine. How long before Bethesda makes Fallout, as they did with Doom, and Prey?

Guise didn't you get the joke...... first fallout was made by black isle.

No way, I thought it was made by Bethesda????

According to gog it is....... any traces of black isle have been removed.

People in the future will think that Fallout 1 and 2 was made by Bethesda.

Has Black Isle ever been officially credited for Fallout? Neither their name, nor logo, appear on the box or jewel case. Nothing in the intro, main menu, or credits either. Moby Games does not list them as the developer. Nor does Wikipedia.

As for GOG, surprisingly they don't list Black Isle on either Fallout's page. They are usually good about crediting the developer and the current rights holder. But in this case it reads "Interplay/Bethesda LLC." As does Fallout 2. Weirder still, Fallout Tactics does credit 14 Degrees East in addition to Bethesda. Looking at the GOG community wiki, both Fallout and Fallout 2 originally listed Black Isle as the developer when Interplay held the rights (see https://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_(game) & https://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_2). At present, Icewind Dale 2 still acknowledges Black Isle. In fact, that's the only title GOG currently acknowledges them for.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Morrowind and Skyrim. Without mods, Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom