Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Astral Gate nukes Greater Demons. But yeah, dumb game. For me the Priest + Knights of Ramm encounters were the toughest, way harder than Xorphitus.

Did you get the Leave with Bela ending? Have fun starting Wiz7 in a level 10+ zone!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Did you get the Leave with Bela ending? Have fun starting Wiz7 in a level 10+ zone!

borealesad.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dumb question:

Is there a list of what items get imported from 6 to 7? I tried searching for one but only found "here's a bunch of useful things to carry through!", and it included, among other things, Maenad's Lance. But now after importing, I don't have Maenad's Lance, but I sure as hell have a lot of other junk that I wouldn't expect to have.

Avenger also didn't import, while "copper gloves" did, wtf.

EDIT: Ah, there are weird-ass import limits. Go figure.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
yeah, equip one good item per character

http://www.softwarespecialties.com/wizfaq_wiz7.html

• Cheats/Tricks/Tips
  • Q: What are the rules on how characters transfer from Bane to Guardia

A:
  1. A number of items transfer always, and automatically. They are:
    Non-magical weaponry and armor,
    Ring of Stars,
    Diamond Ring,
    Cameo Locket,
    Amulet of life,
    PK crystal,
    Silver Cross,
    Ankhs of Life,
    Poet's lute,
    Angels' Tongue,
    Potions,
    Sparkle stix, Icicle stix, and their ilk,
    Rod of Sprites.

2. A number of items will never transfer. They are:
    Ankhs (other than Ankh of Life),
    most amulets,
    Musical instruments (other than those listed above.),
    Books.

3. Then there are the powerful magic items -- the super weapons and armor you typically pick up on the Isle of the Dead. Each
    character gets to bring ONE of these across (sometimes a character may get two items). If a character "equips" one and only one
    item, that will be the one he/she/it gets to bring into DS. Thus, to choose which "special" item your party gets to import, simply equip
    only one of these special items per character.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Yeah, if you unequip everything but the one item you want (Avenger, Muramasa, Maenad's Lance) they'll import, and you'll have endgame-level weapons from the start.

You can run into the poppy field and you'll wake up near the regular starting area, I think... otherwise yea, glhf.

That's if you start near the Dane area. If you're in Ukpyr your only real option is to do the Umpani quests until you unlock the teleporter to New City. Otherwise the roads are blocked by really tough encounters. Fortunately those quests aren't too bad.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You can run into the poppy field and you'll wake up near the regular starting area, I think... otherwise yea, glhf.

That's if you start near the Dane area. If you're in Ukpyr your only real option is to do the Umpani quests until you unlock the teleporter to New City. Otherwise the roads are blocked by really tough encounters. Fortunately those quests aren't too bad.

well then

:bunkertime:

also here's my party after importerino, plz comment how much it sucks (i have a feeling it sucks a lot) and how fucked i am

0sGzu2.png

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You start with mostly basic classes which is advantageous, since they will get skills points more rapidly than the prestige classes.
Unlike Wiz 6 you can't spend all your skill points on magic skills, which makes those skill points more valuable, which in turn encourages class changing.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
It's not bad.

The fighter should be able to class change easily with those stats, the Valkyrie and bard are fine as is. The ranger would probably be better off as a ninja or samurai, put him in the front row and move the valkyrie back so you have more melee power. The priest and mage can swap back and forth between each other's classes until you have 100 in both magic skills and have two versatile spellcasters.

In wiz7 the exp curve starts off low and then levels off at about 5-10k exp per battle for most of the game, which is around the endgame level for Wiz6. Then in the final dungeon you're getting 50-100k exp per battle and can power level like crazy. There's also a vendor which sells stat-increasing ankhs, so you should be able to class change pretty easily throughout the game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
be me

start game

don't even leave your starting square and already get ambushed by treemen when you just turn twice

each treeman proceeds to one-hit-kill all my dudes

welcome to guardia, comrade roxorowski

borealesad.jpg

fortunately on a reload i was able to leave the starting location and hit the road to the umpani city of ukrop, weeeeeee

(naturally i also tried going off the road, which in all cases ended with me getting bumrushed and murdered after making just one step)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
also here's my party after importerino, plz comment how much it sucks (i have a feeling it sucks a lot) and how fucked i am

Personally, I prefer everyone having ninjutsu. Each character should be a Ranger/Bard/Ninja/Monk/Thief at least once and can then max out the skill even after another class change.

And FFS, you have the third best weapon of the game from the start. Shouldn't be too hard to get through the beginning. I guess leveling up that character will make a lot of difference because of the double/triple/quadruple attacks you will get.

Also, I think a couple ninjas or a monk in the front row is a good idea because of their natural low AC that goes down on every level. Even with the best gear, a Fighter/Lord/Valkyrie cannot get even close to that. Their attacks without weapons are also excellent for a good part of the game - until you find some of the better weapons you can give them.

Almost the same party of classes I started Crusaders with, except I had a thief instead of Valkyrie.

Will a bard be enough to cover legerdemaine and skullduggery?

Yeah, a bard is fine for skullduggery. Don't waste points on legerdemain and instead put it all in that.

As to best starting party, I went with:

Dracon Ninja (no class changes)
Felpurr Monk (no class changes)
Rawulf Ranger (class change to Lord for the early Crusader gear at the river)
Human Thief (class changes to Priest/Bard/Mage/whatever to accumulate spells and spell points)
Felpurr Bard (class change to Samurai later)
Fairy Achemist (class change to Faerie Ninja much later)

Five of them have ninjutsu from the beginning and the fairy becomes a ninja later. And all of them (except for the thief) can cast spells. Even in the early game I had 4 and then 5 characters who could cast healing spells.

There's also a vendor which sells stat-increasing ankhs, so you should be able to class change pretty easily throughout the game.

Is there one apart from Dame Ke-Li? Also, those Ankhs are 4000-5000 gold each, so not exactly something for the early game.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
so, about the weapons with spells in wiz 6, do they cast on strike or on use?

k0syak

Cipher
well then

:bunkertime:

You are starting with (some) endgame equipment and lvl5 characters, how bad could it be? Also, class change at lvl6.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You are starting with (some) endgame equipment and lvl5 characters, how bad could it be? Also, class change at lvl6.

Hit and miss mostly, I p. much just instareload the moment I run into mangroves or lotsa moths, but others so far have been more or less manageable.

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
How is this party setup? ( wiz 8 ) will it work?

Faerie ninja ( coc as weapon )
human staff monk ( sod ofc )
dwarf valkyrie
samurai ( human best? ) fang or muramasa as endgame weapon

Also is this att progression good ?

ninja str+sen first, spd + dex after str+sen are maxed

monk and samurai same as ninja

valk str + piety first, dex + vit after str + piety are maxed

???

Summoning wiz8 experts DraQ Zboj Lamignat

Last edited:

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
-Senses are useless for non-ranged fighters. Do Str+Dex (to get power strike and reflexion ASAP) then switch to Vit+Spd. Skip Piety for Valkyrie too.

Party seems fine, are you just doing a 4 person run or are you adding a Bard or Bishop or any other casters?

I'm doing 4 person run.

k0syak

Cipher
How is this party setup? ( wiz 8 ) will it work?

Faerie ninja ( coc as weapon )
human staff monk ( sod ofc )
dwarf valkyrie
samurai ( human best? ) fang or muramasa as endgame weapon

Also is this att progression good ?

ninja str+sen first, spd + dex after str+sen are maxed

monk and samurai same as ninja

valk str + piety first, dex + vit after str + piety are maxed

???

Summoning wiz8 experts DraQ Zboj Lamignat

I'd go for a hobbit samurai (personally prefer them to humans), pump str+spd (IIRC speed influences the chance of *strikes with the speed of lighting*) OR a mook samurai for Giant's Sword shenanigans.
Actually, everyone but the CoC wielder should be hobbits or mooks. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom