Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solarix - SS2 wannabe

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I demo-ed it. It's not good.
Can you elaborate? I thought about putting it on my backlog.

It's gameplay is very barebone and unpolished. It wants to be a Space Thief, but fails. In the third level, there's like a whole of 3 dudes that you can simply shoot in the face from 50m. There's no incentive to be stealthy. No dread, nothing. Perhaps it's better in the later levels, but I got fed up with the amateurish design and that annoying retarded chick that keeps blubbering at me.

Beowulf

Arcane
I was following the project since kickstarter, so naturally bought it, tried to play yesterday, got stuck in some crates just a minute after start. Will try again.

m_s0

Arcane
Here's a video review:

Not unexpected, but disappointing all the same.

Beowulf

Arcane
I played a little bit more, got stuck again on bed. AI that heard me jumping on crate (I was hoping to find some way around the guy, but nope) got stuck on geometry. Will try again some time later.

So far I'm leaning towards the opinion that the review is rather accurate - waste of time and money, probably better to play SS2 again.

zwanzig_zwoelf

You could lean in quite a lot of FPS games in the early-to-middle 2000-s.
F.E.A.R, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, etc.
Then cover-based mechanics became popular, due to the crappy amount of buttons on the gamepad.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I bought this a while ago and finally got around to it. It's super goofy and doesn't want to be. I don't think I will continue.

So far, I've met two types of enemies: one that will run at you and just repeatedly punch you, and one that will crawl at you and just shoot you until you die. Both feel pretty awkward to avoid. They seem to be very excitable and will not give up until someone is dead. The use of light and shadow is very forgiving. It's the kind of system where I can probably play by its rules, but I just don't want to.

In regard to story, it's pretty annoying. There's some standard alien plague thing that's turning people on this planet into zombies (the ones who just punch you, I guess), and you've got an AI telling you where to go and some super bubbly radio girl who likes violence. Both characters are cloying.

Explorerbc

Arcane
You can get a free steam key from IndieGala and apparently if you own it you will also get their next game for free when it releases on steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom